Simple Thoughts On Promises

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 70

May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. (Psalm 20:4)

For our plans to succeed we must first do the things mentioned in the verses below.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5, 6)
As a Christian believer it is always advisable to lay our plans at the Lord's feet first and take his permission and guidance.
We read in Psalms 37: Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. (Psalm 37:4-6)

So......Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6,7)

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 71

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30)

These verses are so comforting to a hurting soul. If you are in pain today, let me tell you that Jesus loves you and is always pleading to the Father for your sake. Whatever may be your problem, whether it be bodily or spiritual or something regarding your job, finances or family, he wants you to know that he is with you in what you are going through and he will not leave you nor forsake you. He will see you through and you will praise him for being the kind and compassionate Savior that he always is.
May the Lord give you rest and peace that you need these days. God bless you.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 72

"Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith! (Luke 12:27, 28)

Jesus cares about even our smaller needs. Clothes may be a small or big need depending on how we look at it. Some can manage with a few while others need to have many. But Jesus told his disciples not to unduly worry about it. He told them, "Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these."
"Consider how the lilies grow"!!!
Well, most of us don't have time to consider such things. We are often busy and miss out God's clothing program for his creation. But Jesus said that "not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these."
If he does clothe the grass of the field, don't worry about your clothes dear friend. He will much more clothe you as and when you need it. Trust in him.
But sometimes do take time to "Consider how the lilies grow"!!!

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 73

Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance. (Jude 1:2)

The Apostle Paul writes, "But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life. (1 Timothy 1:16)

Did you notice the phrase "unlimited patience" in the above verse? How wonderful. It's true that because the Lord has unlimited patience, we are not consumed. He waits patiently for us to acknowledge him and obey him. Some of us have been so rebellious in our attitude towards him, but he has been patient.
The prophet Jeremiah writes in lamentations,
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. (Lamentations 3:22,23)
Let us be thankful to Jesus this day for being merciful to us and let his mercy, peace and love be ours in abundance at all times. God bless.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 74

He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." (Matthew 17:20)

So many mountains stand in the way of believers blessings, yet they never ever use this little piece of advice that Jesus gave his disciples.
It's not an isolated verse. Here are a few that speak the same.

Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. (Matthew 21:21)

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. (Mark 11:23)

He replied, "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it will obey you. (Luke 17:6)

What's that mountain thats standing in the way of your happiness? A mountain of debt/of sickness/of joblessness/of lack of joy & peacelessness/family discord/children's problems........

Speak to that mountain today. In fact, you must command it to leave in the name of Jesus.

Say, "In the name of Jesus, I command this mountain of debt to be removed from my life....
"In the name of Jesus, I command every cause of discord to leave my married & family life....
"In the name of Jesus, I command this mountain of sickness to leave me...

Jesus said, "these mountains will obey you"
Try it and you will see great changes in your life.

You have prayed about your problems, praised God, meditated on his Word and worshipped Jesus; now enter into a new phase of faith. Command in Jesus' Name.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 75

With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith. (2 Thessalonians 1:11)

By his power God will fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith. The results may not be obvious immediately but in God's time, your efforts will bear fruit and you will glorify God for his goodness. The Bible says,
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. (Colossians 3:23, 24)
The ultimate rewarder is God and everything good comes from him. Give thanks to the Lord for all you receive as your wages. Do not murmur or grumble, because as a child of God, all your blessings come from him. You may feel like being cheated by the people for whom you work for, but thank God and he will give you more, because it is from his hands that you receive all blessings.
The Bible says,
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6, 7)

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 76

He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it. (Revelation 2:17)

So we are going to receive new names. Any guesses what yours would be? Frankly most of us never had a choice to select our own names. As we came of age we finally knew that we were this one or that one. And some never like their names; they would liked to be called differently.The daring, even change their names and get it published too.

Sometime in the past, God decided to change a couple of names. He renamed Abram...Abraham and Sarai.....Sarah. Well, God seems to be in the name changing business and as the above verse indicates, every overcomer will receive a new name. A couple of verses more from the book of Revelation regarding names:

Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name. (Revelation 3:12)

No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. (Revelation 22:3, 4)

So we as believers in Jesus Christ will be receiving new names and also the name of God and the name of the city of God will be on us. A new name and a new address. And the owners name too. There won't be a change of address any more. Praise the Lord.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 77

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13)

Amidst all the problems that we as believer's face in our day to day lives, isn't it wonderful that God gives us joy and peace as we keep trusting in him. The Bible says,
And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. (Romans 5:5)

It's so wonderful that because we have trusted in Jesus, the Comforter, the Holy Spirit dwells in us.
Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. (John 16:7)

Though we may feel depressed sometimes because of certain persistent problems, very soon we see a change. That's because the Comforter is with us. He renews our hope each day that these problems will finally come to an end and we will rejoice that the Lord has once again done great things for us. May the Comforter refresh you this day as you read this and may he renew the hope that is there in you. God bless you.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 78

The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen. (2 Timothy 4:18)

Can you affirm what Paul the apostle says here? Though in certain situations we may feel that we are helpless, we must believe that God is all powerful and everything is in his hands. Yes, God will rescue you from every evil attack of satan and bring you safely to his heavenly kingdom.

The Apostle Peter writes,
If he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard) - if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment. (2 Peter 2:6-9)

The Bible also says,
For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.....(2 Chronicles 16:9)

Are you fully committed to him? If yes, then be assured this day that the Lord's eyes are on you to strengthen your heart and he will rescue you from every evil attack of satan and bring you safely into his heavenly kingdom. God bless you.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 79

Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. (Proverbs 16:3)

Before we place our proposals before men, as believers we should place it at the Lord's feet for his approval and blessings. If it is not the Lord's will, might as well not proceed with it. If we can't clearly hear the Lord's thoughts regarding the issue in question, a fleece can be placed in the Lord's presence. Too many fleeces can bring doubts too, so it's best to place one or at the most two as Gideon did (Judges 6:36-40)

The Lord will speak but sometimes we have to wait upon him. He may speak through his Word as we meditate on it, he may speak through dreams and visions, he may speak through the sermon that we are listening to, he may speak through another believer and so many other ways.

If we have the approval of the Lord, then we have the backing of the Holy Spirit too and he will help us succeed in the venture that we wish to undertake.

So commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. God bless you.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 80

This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your forefathers ate manna and died, but he who feeds on this bread will live forever." (John 6:58)

Are you feeding on the life giving manna? As a believer, it is imperative that you feed on the Word of God continually. It will refresh, rejuvenate, rekindle, repair, rescue, regenerate and revitalize the different areas of your life. Jesus said, " The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life. (John 6:63)

Do you spend time with the Word every morning and evening? God will speak to you as often as you read the Word. If you have been slack in reading the Word, please take a decision today to spend more time with the Word.

Jesus said, "Your forefathers ate manna and died, but he who feeds on this bread will live forever." (John 6:58)

Manna was temporarily given to the Israelites to satisy their hunger in the wilderness. The Word that we read is life giving and the one who lives by it will live forever.

Some consider reading of the Word, a trivial matter. But God places great emphasis on it, that's why the Bible says that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord.

So give the Word of God it's right place in your life and be blessed.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 81

And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away. (1 Peter 5:4)

The Good Shepherd (John 10:11), The Great Shepherd (Hebrews 13:20), The Shepherd of our Souls (1 Peter 2:25) & the Chief Shepherd (1 Peter 5:4) are all one and the same- Jesus Christ.

Peter the Apostle says that the Chief Shepherd is going to appear and when that happens he's going to give those who have lived faithful to him, a crown of glory that will never fade away. Earthly crowns are temporary and those who wear them rejoice for a while wearing them, but those who receive the crown of glory will rejoice forever because that is one of the rewards that the Lord has kept for them.

The Bible says,
For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes." (Revelation 7:17)

How wonderful that Jesus will wipe away all traces of every sorrowful experience that the faithful endured while they lived on earth.
He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true." (Revelation 21:4, 5)

Yes, the Chief Shepherd is coming back soon. He's making everything new. Are you ready to meet him? Are you ready to wear the crown of glory? Do not let satan cheat you as he cheated Adam & Eve. Be prepared to meet your Chief Shepherd. God Bless You.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 82

But this is what the LORD says: "Yes, captives will be taken from warriors, and plunder retrieved from the fierce; I will contend with those who contend with you, and your children I will save. (Isaiah 49:25)

Are you worried because your children are truant & unruly? Can it be that the enemy of your soul- satan- has taken them captive? So many prayers yet you do not see any change in their lives! Be assured this day that your prayers will not go unanswered. Jesus will set them free.

Perhaps it's not your children but your spouse or parents who have become captives to the devil. Jesus will set them free. Jesus advised his disciples to fast and pray to get victory over unbelief and the demon powers.

Use the Word of God to fight against the enemy. It's sharper than any double edged sword and can destroy stronholds. Do not despair. Take up the shield of faith and fight.

The Apostle Paul says,
The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. (2 Corinthians 10:4)

God says, "I will contend with those who contend with you..." Believe in him. Do what his Word says in the book of Ephesians:

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests..... (Ephesians 6:12-18)

Will you do it? You will see victory in your lives soon. God bless you.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 83

I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. (Revelation 3:8)

A promise given to the church at Philedelphia in Asia Minor. Interestingly out of the 7 churches that were given admonitions, only the churches at Philedelphia and Smyrna survived because they humbled themselves and moved forward based on the Word given by the Holy Spirit to them.

Jesus knows the spiritual strength that we have as believers. Some are more strong while some are not very. Yet he expects us to keep his Word and not deny his name in any way with whatever strength we have.

Jesus is the one who has the authority over every aspect of our lives. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. (Revelation 3:7)

The doors that the enemy shuts in your lives can be opened any moment by your Savior. He has all the keys with him.
Do you believe that? He is Almighty God. Trust in him. Praise him for he alone is your deliverer.

I pray this day that Jesus Christ may open up the doors that the enemy has shut in your lives. God bless you.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 84

Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness. (James 3:18)

As Christians we are called to be peacemakers and not ones who create strife and discord.
Jesus said, "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God. (Matthew 5:9)
Not only sons but also daughters. Paul the Apostle exhorts the believers in Philippi saying, "I plead with Euodia and I plead with Syntyche to agree with each other in the Lord. Yes, and I ask you, loyal yokefellow, help these women who have contended at my side in the cause of the gospel, along with Clement and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the book of life. (Philippians 4:2, 3)

It doesn't take much time for friends to become foes if they are not truly humble in their hearts. But some may ask, "How can I agree with someone who is not right in his/her ways?"
Well, it's better not to argue and lose the joy and peace we have (that is given by the Holy Spirit of God). Only prayer can bring about a change in the person who is wrong and it's better to wait on the Lord rather than fight and become bad examples to others who are yet young in the Lord.

Paul here is exhorting the other believers to help Euodia & Syntyche and also pleads with these ladies to agree. How about you? Are you a peacemaker?

Remember, "Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness."

As a believer always be a peacemaker and this promise will come true in your lives. God bless you.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 85

For in just a very little while, "He who is coming will come and will not delay. (Hebrews 10:37)

One of the things that we have to keep reminding ourselves is that Jesus is coming back for his children who have lived for him. Not the ones who have lived for themselves or for the world.

The verse before the above one in Hebrews 10 says,
You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. (Hebrews 10:36)

Perseverance is difficult, yet we have to do it. Doing the will of God is not an easy thing with all the near fatal attractions that satan brings in our lives. The Bible says,
"We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did. (1 John 2:3-6)

If we do not obey the Word of God, we are liars and there is no truth in us, but if we obey his Word, his love is made complete in us.
The last part of the above verse would seem to be impossible to attain- walking as Jesus walked.
But John the Apostle urges us to do that.

If gaining heaven was as simple as some make it out to be, heaven would have been overpopulated. But Jesus said,
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. (Matthew 7:13, 14)

Only a few find it.....So what's to be done??

The Apostle John writes,
Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For everything in the world - the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does - comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever. (1 John 2:15-17)

Are you doing the will of God? If you are, Jesus is coming back for you and for others like you who are willing to humble themselves and do his will. God bless.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 86

Then the LORD replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay. (Habakkuk 2:2,3)

Has the Lord given you a promise for which you have prayed but not seen it's fulfillment. Is it lingering longer than you thought it would. The above verse says, "Though it linger wait for it...""it will certainly come and not delay..."

The Lord promised Abraham not just a child but a whole lot of descendants as good a number as the stars of the sky. But when the promise did not attain fulfillment soon, he chose to have a child through a maid of his and perhaps was satisfied with whatever he could acheive.

At age 99, 24 years after he had left the Ur of the Chaldeans, God again spoke to him saying,
"As for Sarai your wife, you are no longer to call her Sarai; her name will be Sarah. I will bless her and will surely give you a son by her. I will bless her so that she will be the mother of nations; kings of peoples will come from her." Abraham fell facedown; he laughed and said to himself, "Will a son be born to a man a hundred years old? Will Sarah bear a child at the age of ninety?" And Abraham said to God, "If only Ishmael might live under your blessing!" (Genesis 17:15-18)

Abraham felt the situation was hilarious. Him 99 & Sarah 89. Surely God had a sense of humor.

So he replied..."If only Ishmael might live under your blessing!" meaning "Don't take all the trouble God and leave us alone. Just bless Ishmael. I'll settle for that."

Has that been your attitude lately? Are you trying to be content with whatever you have in hand even when God has promised you greater things?

Read how God responded to what Abraham said.
Then God said, "Yes, but your wife Sarah will bear you a son, and you will call him Isaac. I will establish my covenant with him as an everlasting covenant for his descendants after him. (Genesis 17:19)

And it did happen as God promised.

What God has promised, he will bring to fulfillment in your life too. So even though it lingers, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay.
God bless you.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 87

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. (James 1:17)

What's that gift or talent that you have? Are you putting it to use and bringing glory to God? Don't consider it as trivial. The Lord placed that in you with a purpose. And that purpose is to bring glory to his name.

The Apostle James states here very clearly that the gift that is in you has come from the Father of the heavenly lights and with him there's no changing nature as is seen with man.

The Apostle Paul wrote to Timothy:
I have been reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also. For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. (2 Timothy 1:5,6)

That's what each one of us are supposed to do. Fan into flame the gift that the Lord has given us.

Paul again exhorts him saying,
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. So do not be ashamed to testify about our Lord.....(2 Timothy 1:7, 8a)

Can you sing well? Is that the gift that the Lord has given you?Can you play musical instruments? Can you write poems or prose? Can you preach? Can you teach? Do you have the gift of helping others? Is visiting the sick and saying a word of comfort your gift from God? 100's of gifts. 100's of talents.

What's your gift from the Father of the heavenly lights?Are you willing to bring glory to God by putting your gift to use? He's waiting for you. Do it for him. Remember the price Jesus paid for you on the cross. Do not sit idle. Glorify your Master & Lord. Praise the Lord.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 88

Who may ascend the hill of the LORD? Who may stand in his holy place?
He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to an idol or swear by what is false. He will receive blessing from the LORD and vindication from God his Savior. (Psalm 24:3-5)

Very similar to Psalms 15 where the Psalmist asks and then answers:
LORD, who may dwell in your sanctuary? Who may live on your holy hill?
He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from his heart and has no slander on his tongue, who does his neighbor no wrong and casts no slur on his fellowman, who despises a vile man but honors those who fear the LORD, who keeps his oath even when it hurts, who lends his money without usury and does not accept a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things will never be shaken. (Psalm 15:1-5)

And in the book of Revelation we read,
But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars - their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death." (Revelation 21:8)

Even liars are out...Some would say that's not a sin that equals idolatory or murder or sexual immorality. Well, one can't change what's written in the Word of God.

In Psalms 15 we read the same...who speaks the truth from his heart and has no slander on his tongue....

For some believers, lying is a habit and they do it for small things and for big. They do not realize that the Spirit of God who resides in them is the Spirit of Truth and that he abhors lying.

Jesus prayed to the Father for his disciples:
Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. (John 17:17)

Jesus wants each one of us to sanctify ourselves with his Word and the Holy Spirit. Why?? Only for 1 reason...He prays,
"Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world. (John 17:24)

May the Lord help us all to join him and see his glory when the time comes. Praise the Lord.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 89

For here we do not have an enduring city, but we are looking for the city that is to come. (Hebrews 13:14)

Some people love the place that they live in so much that they keep bragging about it. How about you? How much ever one may love it, as a believer one must remember the above verse. The places that we live in are our temporary homes. We are to look forward to the city that is to come.

There are others who have to live in different places because of financial problems or because of their jobs. Sometimes frequent shifting becomes a pain and people despair. For such people, if they are believer's, the above verse is a source of comfort because they will finally be staying at one place which they can finally call home.

And the places that we live in may not be the ideal ones as some would testify. Uncertainites loom large because of strifes, conflicts, job insecurities, financial calamities and personal problems.
The Word of God exhorts us in this matter and I quote:
For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. (2 Corinthians 4:17)

So how do we overcome in this matter?
It's best for us to take the advice that the Apostle Paul gave the Corinthian believer's:
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Like Abraham, let us look forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God. Praise the Lord.

Back