Simple Thoughts On Promises

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 51

He sent forth his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave. (Psalm 107:20)

The Word of God has power to heal. Once a centurion told Jesus, "...just say the word, and my servant will be healed. (Matthew 8:8)When Jesus heard this, he was astonished and said to those following him, "I tell you the truth, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith. (Matthew 8:10)The Roman centurion believed that one word from Jesus was enough to heal his servant; will you believe?

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 52

But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves released from the stall. (Malachi 4:2)

Do you revere the name of Jesus? There are great many blessings attached to it. One of them is that the sun of righteousness- Jesus himself will shine brightly upon you all the days of your life and that will bring healing to you.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 53

With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation." (Psalms 91:16)

This promise is for he/she:
who dwells in the shelter of the Most High and rests in the shadow of the Almighty. (Psalm 91:1)..who makes the Most High his/her dwelling ...(Psalm 91:9)....who loves the Lord and acknowledges his name...((Psalm 91:14)Hope you are.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 54

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes, with your right hand you save me. (Psalm 138:7)

Great are the saving works of the Lord when the enemy brings trouble to our lives. Satan is the hater of all good and tries to thwart the work of God but he loses again and again because God is the protector of those who walk with him.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 55

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God ; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. (John 14:1-3)

Jesus here asks his disciples to place their complete trust in the Father and in him. Why should we? some ask. For one, there is no other choice though many false choices may be seen on the horizon. And there is no one else with a better track record. He is perfect & unchanging. So put your complete trust in Him.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 56

"Behold, I come like a thief! Blessed is he who stays awake and keeps his clothes with him, so that he may not go naked and be shamefully exposed." (Revelation 16:15)

"Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with dissipation, drunkenness and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you unexpectedly like a trap. For it will come upon all those who live on the face of the whole earth. Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man." (Luke 21:34-36)
Live each day as if the Lord would be coming the same day. Be ready at all times.Watch and pray.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 57

Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever. (Daniel 12:3)

Leading others in the path of righteousness will never go unrewarded. Whatever talent or gift that the Lord has given you should be put to the maximum use to lead others to Christ or to strengthen and encourage other believers; this is what God expects of you and his name is glorified. As the above verse says, "those who lead many to righteousness will shine like the stars for ever and ever."

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 58

Sharon will become a pasture for flocks, and the Valley of Achor a resting place for herds, for my people who seek me. (Isaiah 65:10)

Then Joshua, together with all Israel, took Achan son of Zerah, the silver, the robe, the gold wedge, his sons and daughters, his cattle, donkeys and sheep, his tent and all that he had, to the Valley of Achor. Joshua said, "Why have you brought this trouble on us? The LORD will bring trouble on you today." Then all Israel stoned him, and after they had stoned the rest, they burned them. Over Achan they heaped up a large pile of rocks, which remains to this day. Then the LORD turned from his fierce anger. Therefore that place has been called the Valley of Achor ever since. (Joshua 7:24-26)

In Israel, the name Achor means trouble. The Lord promised the Israelites that a place once called the Valley of Trouble could be changed by him into a resting place for the people who sought his face continually. Are you in The Valley of Achor? God can change it into a place which gives you true rest if you seek him diligently.

In Israel, the name Achor means trouble. The Lord promised the Israelites that a place once called the Valley of Trouble could be changed by him into a resting place for the people who sought his face continually. Are you in The Valley of Achor? God can change it into a place which gives you true rest if you seek him diligently.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 59

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. (Matthew 5:6)

Are you hungering and thirsting for the things of God? Or are you hungering and thirsting for the things of the world? The Bible says, "Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For everything in the world - the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does - comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever." (1 John 2:15-17)
Are you a man/woman who does the will of God? If yes, you will surely live with him forever!

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 60

"Behold, I am coming soon! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy in this book." (Revelation 22:7)

Amidst the hustle and bustle of life, we should never forget this one reminder from Jesus. There is nothing more important for the Christian than to join the Lord at his coming. Prepare yourself for this event then so that you may not be caught unawares. Keep his words and live for him day after day till you join him.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 61

Praise the LORD. Blessed is the man who fears the LORD, who finds great delight in his commands. His children will be mighty in the land; the generation of the upright will be blessed. (Psalm 112:1,2)

How's your relationship with the Lord? These verses say that your children's blessings are linked to that. These are not isolated verses, for many blessings have been promised for children of the upright.

When God spoke to Isaac regarding blessing him, he said,
"I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and will give them all these lands, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because Abraham obeyed me and kept my requirements, my commands, my decrees and my laws." (Genesis 26:4,5)
AND HE AGAIN TOLD HIM....
"I am the God of your father Abraham. Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bless you and will increase the number of your descendants for the sake of my servant Abraham." (Genesis 26:24)

Would you have your children's blessings stunted because of your poor relationship with Jesus? Let it not be so. Fear the Lord and find great delight in his commands. It will surely be a blessing to your offsprings.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 62

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? (Matthew 6:26)

God knows what you need at this very moment. He cares for you. The Bible says, "As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him" (Psalm 103:13). It's all a matter of trust. If you believe that God is your father, do also believe that he is able to take care of your needs, now and always.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 63

God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them. (Hebrews 6:10)

Have you been refreshing the hearts of your brothers and sisters in Christ by doing good for them? God never forgets what you do for his children. Your reward is definite and The Bible says, "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up (Galatians 6:9). Continue in your good work. God will surely bless you and your children.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 64

Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him; and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen. (Revelation 1:7)

What will be a situation of great joy to the few who believe in the Lord and live for him will also be a situation bringing everlasting grief to the majority who live on earth. They did not choose to walk the narrow path, so they will go into eternal torment. What about you? Remember the words of Jesus..."Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it" (Matthew 7:13, 14). Choose the right path my friend and if you have chosen the right path, walk in it faithfully till you reach eternity.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 65

From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another. (John 1:16)

Whatever we have and whatever blessings we are going to receive are all because of the grace that has come through Jesus Christ. We can lose everything in a moment as it happened in the life of Job but God doesn't allow it because of his love for us. The Apostle Paul said, "By the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect....(1 Corinthians 15:10)
Remember... "God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. (2 Corinthians 9:8) So let's be grateful to him at all times.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 66

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true." (Revelation 21:4,5)

A time is coming when all the problems that we (believers in Jesus Christ)face while we live here on earth will come to an end. God says in the above verses that the old order of things will pass away. No more death, mourning, crying or pain. No more mental anguish. Are you longing to see that day? It will surely come. Stand firm in your faith, for he who called you is faithful and will guide you right upto that day with his Holy Spirit. Praise the Lord.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 67

He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, (2 Corinthians 1:10)

If your hope rests in Jesus he will continuely deliver you from the schemes of satan, worldly temptations and fleshly lusts and make you an overcomer. Many promises in the book of Revelation are for the "overcomer".

To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God. (Revelation 2:7)

He who overcomes will not be hurt at all by the second death. (Revelation 2:11)

To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it. (Revelation 2:17)

To him who overcomes and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations - (Revelation 2:26)

He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels. (Revelation 3:5)

Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name. (Revelation 3:12)

To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne. (Revelation 3:21)

He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son. (Revelation 21:7)

Hope we all become "overcomers" by the Grace of God.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 68

As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him; (Psalm 103:13)

Why does the Lord have compassion on those who fear him? The reason is given in the very next verse which says,
"for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust. (Psalm 103:14)"
No human being however strong or intelligent can stay alive forever. Only Enoch & Elijah according to the Word of God have been translated to heaven without dying. Scientists may not agree that we are dust, but that is a fact and the curse that Adam was given by God on sinning stated,
"By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return." (Genesis 3:19)
Shall we then humble ourselves at the Lord's feet and give ourselves wholly to him knowing that it is only because of his compassion that we have breath and are living?

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 69

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. (1 Peter 5:6)

There are ample examples in the Word of God where this promise has already been fulfilled. Humbling is not very easy as we can see in the lives of the Israelites who left Egypt for the God promised land of Canaan, but since Canaan was a promise and since the Israelites would not humble themselves, God humbled them as is written in the verses below.
"Remember how the LORD your God led you all the way in the desert these forty years, to humble you and to test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commands.
He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your fathers had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD. (Deuteronomy 8:2,3)

Have you been called by God to be a member of his heavenly kingdom? Better to humble yourself under God's mighty hand than to have him humble you. And if you do humble yourself by obeying his Word and doing his will, he will lift you up in due time. God bless.

Back