Simple Thoughts On Promises

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 15

For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. (2 Chronicles 16:9)

Is your heart fully committed to the Lord? If it is, you have nothing to fear. He will strengthen you in all situations, even when you are without strength and helpless.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 16

In famine he will ransom you from death, and in battle from the stroke of the sword. (Job 5:20)

Even during recessions, the faithfulness of God doesn't change. He who sustained Isaac during the famine and gave him a 100 fold yield still lives and is able to take care of you and your family. Trust in his faithfulness.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 17

Surely God does not reject a blameless man or strengthen the hands of evildoers. He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy. (Job 8:20,21)

Sometimes we may feel that God has rejected us and is strengthening the hands of evildoers. But those are just wrong feelings when we pass through bad times. His promise is that he will never leave us nor forsake us. Take heart. He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 18

You will be secure, because there is hope; you will look about you and take your rest in safety. (Job 11:18)

Our hope and security must be in Jesus Christ, not market analysis, expert opinions, intelligent forecasts & wisdom of the wise. All these are good upto an extent but what really matters for a child of God is his ability to trust in the faithfulness of his God.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 19

But those who suffer he delivers in their suffering; he speaks to them in their affliction. (Job 36:15)

Isn't it true that God speaks to us in our afflictions more than at other times? Suffering in our lives makes us think more about God and our relationship with him. Eventually when he delivers us from the suffering, we would have learnt more spiritual truths that would help us live as better Christians.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 20

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade--kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. (1 Peter 1:3-5)

If you have experienced the new birth in Jesus Christ, you have entered into a living hope and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade, kept in heaven for you. Nothing greater than this for anyone living on earth.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 21

You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound. (Psalm 4:7)

Material possessions can only give temporary joy and satisfaction. The joy that David here speaks of is one that he received because of his intimate relationship with God and God has promised that to each one of us. A Father- Child relationship with God can bring us that great joy.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 22

The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. (Psalm 9:9)

As believer's we all go through times when we feel distressed, lonely, leftout, despised, oppressed, troubled or depressed. Many such negative experiences make life difficult for us to live. During those times we can rely on this wonderful promise from the Psalms. Truly, the Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 23

Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you. (Psalm 9:10)

Yes! There's power in the name of Jesus. As Peter the Apostle said after a 40 year old lame man was healed at the temple..."It is Jesus' name and the faith that comes through him that has given this complete healing to him, as you can all see. (Acts 3:16)" Jesus' name and the faith that comes through him can save, heal and deliver even today. Believe.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 24

You, O LORD, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light. (Psalm 18:28)

Afraid that the enemy may extinguish your lamp i.e. your witness for Christ or anything good realted to your life. Fear not! Jesus will keep your lamp burning and turn your present darkness into light.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 25

And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing. [Isaiah 10:27]

The Almighty God..El Shaddai is able to break every yoke that the evil one lays on our shoulder. The anointing of the Holy Spirit destroys every yoke with it's awesome power. We serve an awesome God.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 26

For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock. Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me; at his tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the LORD (Psalm 27:5,6)

More of an affirmation of the psalmist's faith, yet a promise for those who trust in the protection and deliverance that the Lord gives to those who have put their faith in him. Safety, refuge, exaltation is from the Lord. Worship with praises and thanksgiving should be the right response.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 27

In the shelter of your presence you hide them from the intrigues of men; in your dwelling you keep them safe from accusing tongues. (Psalm 31:20)

God is a shelter for those who choose to take refuge in him. He hides them from the intrigues of men. If accusing tongues are what you are troubled with these days, this is the promise that you should hold on to for it says that God is able to keep you safe from them.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 28

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. (Psalm 34:18)

Brokenhearted and crushed in spirit? Call out to the Lord even if it be without words. He will bind the wounds of your mind and spirit and bring comfort to you. He is the Prince of Peace; he will give you the peace that passes all understanding.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 29

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you. (Psalm 32:8)

One of the greatest blessings of having Jesus as Savior in our life is that we don't have to live an aimless and unproductive life. He is there to instruct, to teach, to counsel and to watch over us at all times. Take the help of the Counsellor, the Holy Spirit. He is the Spirit of Truth and will guide you in all the right paths.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 30

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. (Matthew 6:33)

Jesus told his disciples that the right way to getting all the essential things that one needed to live here on earth was to first seek the kingdom of God and his righteousness. If you are doing that, blessed are you. If not, you need to take a new decision and you will see great many positive changes in your life.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 31

Consider the blameless, observe the upright; there is a future for the man of peace (Psalm 37:37)

Are you a man/woman of peace? The fragrance of Jesus in this dying world? You have a future in heaven for sure. Not only that; the presence of the Lord will accompany you all the days of your life. He will make you lie down in green pastures, he will lead you beside quiet waters, he will restore your soul and guide you in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 32

And call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me. (Psalm 50:15)

Suggestion, instruction, exhortation or command. Take it as you will; this verse speaks of God's immense love for you. He wants you to call upon him when you are in trouble, so that he can deliver you. He is God Almighty, your deliverer.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 33

He sends from heaven and saves me, rebuking those who hotly pursue me; God sends his love and his faithfulness. (Psalm 57:3)

The enemy who is troubling you is a defeated foe. Your Savior Jesus shed his blood on the cross to destroy the devil's works. Remember, the battle is the Lord's and he will give you victory. Hold on to his promises with faith. Yes, the victory is yours.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 34

For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God. (2 Corinthians 1:20)

A promise regarding promises. The Bible says, "Not one of all the LORD's good promises to the house of Israel failed; every one was fulfilled." (Joshua 21:45) So be strong and courageous. Whatever God has promised you will also come to pass.

Back