Silly Town Names A to Z

Discussion in 'Sports, Games and Health' started by Annie, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Before I begin, I would like to say that FCJ 'told' me to pick a town beginning with A and go for it. I know a whole lot of silly town names that begin with B, but I couldn't come up with one that began with A, so I searched on the interweb for a UK town and found:

ASSLOSS, Ayrshire, Scotland.

Scotland has alot of verrrry strange names..

Via dolarossa, CoffeeDrinker, sandpiper and 2 others say Amen and like this.
  2. Please somebody post a town beginning with B!

Via dolarossa and CoffeeDrinker say Amen and like this.
  3. Buttsville Missouri

Buttsville is an unincorporated community in Grundy County, Missouri, United States.

Via dolarossa, Annie and sandpiper says Amen and like this.
  4. Chocowinity, North Carolina

Via dolarossa, Annie, Fish Catcher Jim and 1 other person say Amen and like this.
  5. Do Stop, Kentucky. :D (Yes, there is such a place).

Via dolarossa, Annie, Fish Catcher Jim and 1 other person say Amen and like this.
  6. Eggs and Bacon Bay, Tasmania, Australia.

Via dolarossa, Annie, sandpiper and 2 others say Amen and like this.
  7. Funny River, Alaska (I lived in Alaska 34 years and never heard of it until now) :D

Via dolarossa, Fish Catcher Jim, Annie and 2 others say Amen and like this.
  8. Great Snoring, Norfolk, England.:sleep:

Really...

Via dolarossa, Fish Catcher Jim, Cturtle and 1 other person say Amen and like this.
  9. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :D :D

Happy Camp, California, USA. (I wonder how happy they really are there). ;)

Via dolarossa, Fish Catcher Jim, CoffeeDrinker and 2 others say Amen and like this.
  10. Probably happier than the people that live in Buttsville, but not as happy as the people that live in Eggs and Bacon Bay:D

Via dolarossa, Fish Catcher Jim, sandpiper and 1 other person say Amen and like this.
  11. Idiot Creek, Oregon...... wouldnt want to be known as an Idiot... lol

Via dolarossa, Fish Catcher Jim, sandpiper and 2 others say Amen and like this.
  12. Seems like we've hit a dry spot with J.

So. JOHN O'GROATS, Scotland.

Many moons ago, when I left home (to go overseas), I bequeathed my younger brother my car. When I returned, about 1 year later, I was concerned to find that my poor old car was almost completely clapped out. Of course my brother was 'all innocence'. However, I then found (because I was a snooping CSI girl), photographs of him and his friends, who had decided to drive from Land's End to John O'Groats.

Land's End is the most southern point in the UK, and John O'Groats is the most northern.

And I found photo's (in the day's before smart phones & selfies etc) of himself and his stupid mates grinning like idiots in front of both Town signs, to prove that they'd actually been there.

Needless to say, I was a tad cross.

But just thinking about it now makes me laugh.

Via dolarossa, sandpiper and Cturtle says Amen and like this.
  13. Kickaboo, Kansas :D

Via dolarossa, Annie, Fish Catcher Jim and 2 others say Amen and like this.
  14. Lizard Town (Cornwall, UK)

Via dolarossa, Annie, sandpiper and 2 others say Amen and like this.
  15. M.
    State Michigan
    County Monroe

Town Name
    Maybee

Via dolarossa, Annie and Cturtle says Amen and like this.
  16. NEVADA // JIGGS
    About 30 miles south of Elko, Nevada, sits the small town of Jiggs. In 1918, businessman Albert Hankins owned the local hotel, dance hall, and general store—which basically meant he owned the whole town. Looking for a new name for the place, he took a suggestion from his kids. “Jiggs” was the top hat-wearing, Irish-American protagonist of their favorite comic strip Bringing Up Father. Following the name change, the women’s organization in town dubbed itself Maggie’s Club after the character’s wife.

Via dolarossa, Annie and Cturtle says Amen and like this.
  17. IMG_0852.JPG

Can anyone speak Welsh here?

Annie likes this.
  18. Letter O
    State OKLAHOMA
    TOWN...OKAY

Okay is a town along the Verdigris River in Wagoner County, Oklahoma, United States. The population was 620 at the 2010 census, a 3.9 percent increase from 597 at the 2000 census.

Annie, Peter Luke and Cturtle says Amen and like this.