Signs

Genesis 3:14-15 is a foreshadowing of the Messiah to come. Awesome in itself the prophecy right here. Do we see any other hidden meanings within the first few chapters of Genesis of the coming Redeemer? Well, let’s look at Genesis 1:14 “And God said, “Let there be lightsin the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night,and let them serve as SIGNSto mark sacred times,and days and years,”

So the key word we are looking at “signs” and look at the significance of it when looked through the lens of the Hebrew language (Disclaimer: I am by no means any expert on the Hebrew language, or even English for that matter. So verify what I am writing before you take it as the Gospel. This is just one little nugget I thought I would pass on that may, or may not realize what an amazing Father we have.)

In the OT, Exodus 13:16, Joshua 24:17, Isaiah 7:14 and many other passages point to the coming of our Messiah to come. So these prophecies that were fulfilled were accompanied by signs for the people of the time to watch for the Messiah. Now for the meaning of signs in Hebrew.

Signs = #1.1 Scriptures forאוֹת(Htr. ’ot) meaning 'sign' Strong's 226

This can also mean “miraculous sign.” Now lets look at the word אוֹת

א (Aleph) is the first word of the Hebrew alphabet. It originates from the ancient pictograph of an ox head - representing strength and power from the work performed by the animal. This pictograph also represents a chief or other leader. When two oxen are yoked together for pulling a wagon or plow, one is the older and more experienced one who leads the other. Within the clan, tribe or family the chief or father is seen as the elder who is yoked to the others as the leader and teacher. http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/3_al.html

וֹ (Vav) The original pictograph used in the Early Semitic script is a , a picture of a tent peg. The tent pegs were made of wood and may have been Y-shaped to prevent the rope from slipping off. http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/3_waw.html

ת(Hey) The original pictograph for this letter is , a man standing with his arms raised out. The Modern Hebrew and original name for this letter is “hey”. The Hebrew word “hey” means “behold”, as when looking at a great sight. This word can also mean “breath” or “sigh” as one does when looking at a great sight. The meaning of the letter is behold, look, breath, sigh and reveal or revelation from the idea of revealing a great sight by pointing it out. http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/3_hey.html

You put the 3 pictographs together and you have the leader nailed with his arms raised out. Sound familiar?

So how does this tie into Genesis 1:14? Simple, look at Matthew 2:2.

How many more signs did the people need at that time to realize Jesus was the “One” Micah 5:2, Jeremiah 31:15, Isaiah 11:2, Isaiah 9:1, Zechariah 9:9, Isaiah 53:3 on and on we can find many more passages realizing the fulfillment of the Scriptures.

Just sharing this with you as I feel led to share the richness of the studies I am doing from a different perspective then what taught in the traditional Sunday church services. There is so much more to learn and discover about the amazing complexities (of which we can never know on earth) of Adonai. Just thought I would share this to take a break from the usual discord about grace, forgiveness, The Holy Spirit as in other topics here. Just food for thought. Peace be with you and you’re in my prayers.

1 Thessalonians 5:12-18
12 Now we ask you, brothers and sisters, to acknowledge those who work hard among you, who care for you in the Lord and who admonish you. 13 Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other. 14 And we urge you, brothers and sisters, warn those who are idle and disruptive, encourage the disheartened, help the weak, be patient with everyone. 15 Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else.
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

Back