Should You Trust God If ... ?

I can say with certainty that the faith I exercised as a ten-year-old for salvation has grown to something deeper and larger in the last decades.

Sister, the faith you started with has multiplied to where you have now more knowing because it is by faith we understand. You have more understanding today in areas you did not have faith before.

Sister, the faith you started with has multiplied to where you have now more knowing because it is by faith we understand. You have more understanding today in areas you did not have faith before.

I believe it goes hand in hand.

Should one trust God if one isn't strong in faith in an area?

A hypothetical example which often divides Christian opinion is should someone who is weak in faith trust in God for healing? I heard one anecdotal story where a word was given in a prayer meeting, to one gentleman, who had decided in himself not to go for an operation but to trust God for healing and that someone in that prayer meeting allegedly gave him a word that he was not yet strong enough in faith and that God wanted him to put himself in the hands of the doctor. Apparently the operation was a success but it does beg the question: Will God ever tell us to trust in Himself less and a doctor more because of our level of spiritual growth?

[Note: in case this thread gets derailed quickly this is not a question about whether we should go to doctors or not. Just whether its right to trust God for all things we decide to.]
No, to the underlined. Spiritual growth has nothing to do with it.

1. The only requirement to God hearing our prayers is John 9:31 (a worshipper of God). Don't be a sucker for any fool thinking their prayer carries more weight with God then yours!
2. Faith of a mustard seed is needed to move a mountain. We live at an extremely high level of faith as Christians. We believe in an unseen God. We believe a man who walked the earth is God 1 Cor 12:3. Faith of a mustard seed is hence a joke for a Christian to muster up. Faith for healing < mustard seed.
3. Ignoring doctors for any of us is tempting God.
4. God prefers to not heal us 'magically'. He prefers we use doctors Matt 16:4.
5. Scripture tells us to go to the elders for healing prayer. Elders have extra humility and discernment. Unlike the many who are on an arrogant ego trip.

Our healing is in the atonement. We already have it. We merely need to learn how to appropriate what is given to us in our spirits and have it manifest in our bodies.

I am sure to start a hot debate here with this. Faith is not something that go's from a weak, to intermediate, to strong faith. There is no small, medium, jumbo size faith. Faith grows but how we think it does. "Faith does not grow in quality, but in quantity." A man of "great" faith is the man who has faith in all ares of his life. He believes in his salvation, he believes God provides all his needs for godliness, and life. There is no place where he is not having faith in. The man with "little" faith is the man who has faith in his salvation, but has no faith for God to provide the things he needs to carry his mission on earth or housing, clothing, food, ect....
Even though there is only "one faith" but this one faith can do multiple things all at the same time. Jesus said....

Mat 6:30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
Mat 6:31 Therefore do not be anxious, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'

Jesus was not telling them there faith was small, only they had little faith, which means they needed to have faith in all of their necessities of life, not just in a few things. When a person has faith it is already at it fullness, it can not get any stronger that what it is now. You either have faith or you don't. You can even have faith and unbelief at the same time.

Mar 9:20 And they brought the boy to him. And when the spirit saw him, immediately it convulsed the boy, and he fell on the ground and rolled about, foaming at the mouth.
Mar 9:21 And Jesus asked his father, "How long has this been happening to him?" And he said, "From childhood.
Mar 9:22 And it has often cast him into fire and into water, to destroy him. But if you can do anything, have compassion on us and help us."
Mar 9:23 And Jesus said to him, "'If you can'! All things are possible for one who believes."
Mar 9:24 Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, "I believe; help my unbelief!"

This guy had faith in believing Jesus was the son of David the messiah, but he had no faith in believing for the healing for his son. If he knew the same faith he had for believing Jesus as the messiah, could also be used to heal his son, but he did not know that.

I am pretty sure that I can add more wood to the fire here my brother. I have spoken with and prayed for more believers than I can remember who have felt as if God had let them down. They had asked something of the Lord and they did not get an answer to that question or to that need or want. When that happens the usual process for those people is to stop reading their Bible, stop praying and stop attending church. Then those feelings turn into disappointment, anger and then bitterness.

WHY??? I believe that it stems from confusion over the meaning of FAITH. Most people who become disappointed with God misunderstand what FAITH is. Some of our brothers and sisters in the Lord have over the past several years treated FAITH as a
"force or power" that we have to demand something from God. That something goes from money to cars to the healing of cancer.
We have been told by these believers that IF they have enough FAITH, God will have to do whatever they ask Him to do.

Then comes a crisis. Mama has been told she has cancer, Dad is about to lose his job of the past 40 years, the car has blown up and a new one is needed. Then they try to move God into action by their prayers and THROUGH their faith. When God does not respond, disappointment takes over. Their misunderstandings have lead to unrealistic expectations and mama dies, dad does lose his job and there is no new car parked out front.

IMO there is something missed and it effects every single person. If one will read the faith chapter of Hebrews 1, one will see the definition of what FAITH is and we can see that there is something associated with every single person of faith. That something is a PROMISE. The people of faith were so certain and sure because each one of them had received a PROMISE from God.

They were confident that God would do exactly what he PROMISED, and that my beloved is the ESSENCE of faith!!!!

The word PROMISE or one like it appears 18 times in Hebrews and 7 times alone in the 11th chapter. What does that mean??? FAITH and PROMISES of God go hand in hand. Where there are no promises, there can be no faith. There can be HOPE, but not faith and there is a difference. FAITH then is confidence in the promises of God that He will do what He has promised.
We as believers should then take God at His Word.

What does this mean? It means that FAITH is not a power we tap into like the "force" in Star Wars movies. FAITH is not a lasso we slip around God's neck to force our will onto His will. FAITH is not a button we push to prod God into action. It simply just does not work that way.

FAITH is confidence that God will do what He has promised.

3. Ignoring doctors for any of us is tempting God.
4. God prefers to not heal us 'magically'. He prefers we use doctors Matt 16:4.

Does that mean that if one does go to a doctor but then seeks a second opinion from another doctor he is tempting God? And what if he ignores both and goes to a naturopath?

Does that mean that if one does go to a doctor but then seeks a second opinion from another doctor he is tempting God? And what if he ignores both and goes to a naturopath?

The reason for going to doctors is to use our God given brains. If yours leads you to a second opinion or naturopath, so be it.

I was thinking about miracles and healing the other day. I am a believer in miracles and have faith God has already given us the gift of health if we would just believe.

I watched a commercial for a medication and at the end, like most commercials, it had the side effects. The Holy Spirit then spoke to me and said there is no side effects with God.

This is based on my personal testimony.. When we pray for a certain need (health or financial breakthrough, etc), we envision victory in a certain specific way.. We pray with faith that we will overcome.. We have limited vision into future.. God looks into eternity.. As we all agree, God is not bound by time.. We look victory over specific events in life.. God looks at making victorious from eternity perspective.. We look at isolated incidents of our life.. God looks at our entire life..

When Joseph was thrown into the pit by his brothers, he was not victorious in man's terms.. When Daniel was taken captive by Babylonians, he was not victorious in man's terms.. When we look at the whole picture, we see how God carried them through all their life.. When we pray with Faith, we can be certain that all things would work out for good..

In my life it was losing 2 babies.. But I can already see how God has made me strong through this.. May be there is more to come.. But I am learning to be more dependent on Lord for everything..

In my view, praying in faith is not simply expecting a desirable output.. Praying in faith would mean, trusting God that irrespective of the outcome God is in total control and as per His promise, everything will work out for good..

I would have to disagree with the control part. God doesn't control us like puppets. Does he use situations to help us learn? Yes. Does he want us hurt or unhealthy? No.

I would have to disagree with the control part. God doesn't control us like puppets. Does he use situations to help us learn? Yes. Does he want us hurt or unhealthy? No.
I would never say God would hurt us... God allowing a thing to happen is very different from God making a thing happen..

I am sorry you lost two babies. I do believe God can use something like that to make you stronger in an area. I don't believe God allowed the deaths to serve His purpose for you. The devil came to steal, kill and destroy not God.

This is based on my personal testimony.. When we pray for a certain need (health or financial breakthrough, etc), we envision victory in a certain specific way.. We pray with faith that we will overcome.. We have limited vision into future.. God looks into eternity.. As we all agree, God is not bound by time.. We look victory over specific events in life.. God looks at making victorious from eternity perspective.. We look at isolated incidents of our life.. God looks at our entire life..

When Joseph was thrown into the pit by his brothers, he was not victorious in man's terms.. When Daniel was taken captive by Babylonians, he was not victorious in man's terms.. When we look at the whole picture, we see how God carried them through all their life.. When we pray with Faith, we can be certain that all things would work out for good..

In my life it was losing 2 babies.. But I can already see how God has made me strong through this.. May be there is more to come.. But I am learning to be more dependent on Lord for everything..

In my view, praying in faith is not simply expecting a desirable output.. Praying in faith would mean, trusting God that irrespective of the outcome God is in total control and as per His promise, everything will work out for good..
Thanks for sharing. Sad to hear about your kids and your suffering there!! :( Absolutely amazing to hear of people still serving God after such tragedies.

Back