1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Should I start playing this game again?

Discussion in 'Sports, Games and Health' started by Juk, Jan 31, 2015.

1. I used to play Super Smash Bros 4. But I liked the game so much it started taking over my mind during prayer, which I couldn't handle. I thought I loved the game more than Jesus. So I quit it. I play no video games consistently now, and my life is extremely boring. I have nothing to look forward to after a day of school than reading the Bible (which I love doing).

I recently learned that the mind isn't even a part of prayer, and that it will drift off during prayer because it is of the body. So I began to think that what was happening to me was normal.

One man once told me that giving up the game was called mortification, which God holds dear to his heart. I don't want to break God's heart. Would it break his heart? What should I do?
  2. During prayer, your words should come from your heart. The mind must conform with the heart, but this cannot always happen.
    Be mindful what games you play; you should ask yourself "does this game offend God?"
    If it does, don't play it.
  3. Well, the game is about famous Nintendo characters fighting it out on a stage. I'm not sure if that would offend God. But I think they are fighting for sport, and no one really dies in the game.
  4. I don't see as it being a problem. Pray and play.
    JG27_chili likes this.
  5. I will, moderately, and see what happens. Thank you :)
  6. My pleasure. (y)
    Juk likes this.
  7. Juk, "Imagery" is the most effective means of communications, which is why the Lord uses visions, revelations, and imagery to convey certain truths. For instance, if I had a picture of a beautiful landscape, and I wanted to describe this image to you, it would take many many words in an attempt to transfer this picture to your heart, or I could just show the picture, and immediately you would see and know. Video games are imagery driven and they are speaking words to your conscience through imagery, which in most cases are not good, or edifying to your heart.
  8. But this game has no gore in it.
  9. Brother Juk, I am not telling you to not play this games, I am only telling you how certain messages can be learned by video games, that might seem innocent, when they could be creating a mind set that could be harmful.

Php 4:8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
    Juk likes this.
  10. Ohhhh. Makes sense.
  11. Hey JUK! I like golf...WGT. You can find it in my signature at the lower left corner hehehehehe also flight simulators, X Plane 10
    Juk likes this.
  12. I was once on the driving range; hit this ball as hard as I could with the driver and the ball rebounded off of the metal shields and hit me in the head.
    Never played gold since. :D
  13. Cool :)
  14. :LOL: sorry bout that though.