Should I keep on asking for forgiveness?

It helped me to read these posts, Juk. I'm glad that you started this thread. As old as I am, there are still a couple of areas of sin that I fall into, one of them an addiction that I live to control. I hate that they seem to always be there somewhere, lurking. But running to God and praying, being serious that your choice is with HIM, and always trying to be a good example to all...keep all this in your mind, and keep fighting the good fight. It helps to read the Bible and/or listen to it daily. I particularly like Daniel Whitfield's audio versions on YouTube, as they have different characters and sound effects, like radio dramas of the old days, and I can listen as I work around the house or on my projects. Or plug in and drown out the never-ending flow of bad news coming from the tv my husband watches. May God help you as you exercise your spiritual muscles and grow stronger.
I do read the Bible daily. I am trying to finish it by the end of this year. But after that, I will continue to read it daily.

I heard that God has given us the ability to resist sin by not thinking of the sin and the results of it, because that will definitely get us to sin.
You are right!!! We do not sin when do things that are wrong. That is only the "results" of "sin" dwelling in us. Sin becomes sin when we think it.....

Jas 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
Jas 1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

The actions part is just the results of abiding sin.
A lot of people think all they have to do is stop doing evil, which is not correct thinking. We have to stop thinking it before we can stop doing it.
This is impossible with man, as that is all he wants to think about. It requires a new mind, and a new heart before this can come about.

Reactions: Juk
It requires a new mind, and a new heart before this can come about.
Exactly and that is why we are told so many times in the written word of God to renew our minds and meditate upon the written word of God.
Little renewing of our minds in the word of God means we will have more to deal with and more of a STRUGGLE within this life.....

An important thing to remember is this...
God knows what you're going to do before you do it; that's the beauty of God, he's omniscient.
We all sin Juk, there is one sin I keep committing on a daily basis (I won't go into it) but I repent as soon as it happens.
We should always seeks God's forgiveness; of course He will forgive as Jesus died for our sins.

An important thing to remember is this...
God knows what you're going to do before you do it; that's the beauty of God, he's omniscient.
We all sin Juk, there is one sin I keep committing on a daily basis (I won't go into it) but I repent as soon as it happens.
We should always seeks God's forgiveness; of course He will forgive as Jesus died for our sins.

Amen...once for all....

Back