Should Homosexual Behavior Be Illegal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've never looked at a woman with lust in your heart? If you say no I'm sure that makes you a liar. You could very well be a murderer as well. Have you ever hated? I like you man, but you have to stop with the hypocrisy.

The dictionary says voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a person who is not his or her spouse.

This is why I asked are we talking thoughts of being gay or actually having intercourse with a man.

One is easier to prove in court. I can't see someone getting arrested just for having gay thoughts. Too hard to prove.

Yes I have looked at a woman lustfully when I lacked discipline. And I think if our society had a severe penalty or any penalty maybe I wouldn't have.

What about people with no morals that do not steal? If its not because of morals it's because of the penalty they might face.

You've never looked at a woman with lust in your heart? If you say no I'm sure that makes you a liar. You could very well be a murderer as well. Have you ever hated? I like you man, but you have to stop with the hypocrisy.
I like you too man. I don't see any hypocrisy in my posts. Just giving my humble opinion.

Yes I have looked at a woman lustfully when I lacked discipline. And I think if our society had a severe penalty or any penalty maybe I wouldn't have.

What about people with no morals that do not steal? If its not because of morals it's because of the penalty they might face.

God's penalty isn't enough? You can't forcefully change someone's heart. The unsaved won't be saved by being forced to follow Biblical rules. I don't see how this changes anything. You can't "catch the gay" so locking people up for it won't change anything. Besides, this could go both ways. If the government has the power to force morals on us then who's to say it would be biblical morals.

I believe homosexual activity is a sin, but I would never even consider actually arresting people for it. That is giving the government WAY more authority than I'm comfortable with. This is coming from an ex cop. I have seen people get arrested hundreds of times for bull crap so I can't imagine what it would be like if cops had this type of authority.

God's penalty isn't enough? You can't forcefully change someone's heart. The unsaved won't be saved by being forced to follow Biblical rules. I don't see how this changes anything. You can't "catch the gay" so locking people up for it won't change anything. Besides, this could go both ways. If the government has the power to force morals on us then who's to say it would be biblical morals.

I believe homosexual activity is a sin, but I would never even consider actually arresting people for it. That is giving the government WAY more authority than I'm comfortable with. This is coming from an ex cop. I have seen people get arrested hundreds of times for bull crap so I can't imagine what it would be like if cops had this type of authority.

So do you think prostitution should be legal?

P.S. I'm enjoying the conversation whether we agree or disagree, I hope the same for you.

Get over yourself. No one is saying we don't sin. The bible calls homosexuality an abomination not us. Did you know marrying a non Christian is an abomination also?

Some people here actually think that they are righteous and have no sin. Read the posts and you'll notice it.

Some people here actually think that they are righteous and have no sin. Read the comments and you'll notice it.
Yes I think people should be locked up for any sin. Can you imagine how much better our society would be if people feared lashings, or death for sinning? No hypocrite here ;)

Examine yourself and you'll see that you will also have to spend sometime behind bars, like the rest of us. We are all sinners and the only difference between us and the rest of the world is that we have been rescued by Jesus. Those who boast about their righteousness deceive themselves.

Examine yourself and you'll see that you will also have to spend sometime behind bars, like the rest of us. We are all sinners and the only difference between us and the rest of the world is that we have been rescued by Jesus. Those who boast about their righteousness deceive themselves.
Who's boasting?

All 235 of them?

So should prostitution be legal? And those that are against it, are they boasting about their righteousness?

I think the best way to fight prostitution is to fine the clients and to use the money to pay for the rehabilitation of the women who are working as prostitutes.

Last edited:
I agree with you 100%. I told you what would come of this thread. Hateful self righteous people love picking at others flaws and Christians seem very good at it.
So those who reject that the grace of God is an excuse to promote wickedness are "hateful" and self-righteous?:rolleyes:

Come on read the scriptures! This is what makes the true grace of God appear as destructive to some and you guys should be ashamed and be sure the judgment of God is against people who pervert the truth of the gospel to support their own perversions!

I think the best way to combat prostitution is to fine the clients and to use the money to pay for the rehabilitation of the women who are working as prostitutes.
"....I think"....you think! thats the problem, you are not submitted to the truth of Gods word and "think" you can replace His judgment with "your" own!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back