Should Christians Play Smite?

Discussion in 'Sports, Games and Health' started by Juk, Jan 29, 2015.

1. About the game I mentioned.

2. Juk, you gotta let the Holy Spirit teach you and not lean on us for everything. I gave you the verses so you can see that we have no law to follow if whatever we do, we do it in faith giving thanks to God. If you want laws, keep the ten commandments and fail like Israel. Don't put yourself in such bondage. Brother, you're a wonderful man of God with a good heart, don't let the devil put thoughts into your head and heart trying to put you back under bondage.

Mykuhl and Juk say Amen and like this.
  3. Thanks! I am still trying to decide. I thought that the Holy Spirit told me not to, but this was in a point in time where I think satan was trying to confuse me, as shown later. Your last sentence made me doubt as well. I am trying to see what the Word says. Hopefully I get my answer before tomorrow, Memorial Day. Lol.

4. When I was a teen, there was a move called WWJD (What Would Jesus Do) based on a book called "In His Steps". Before doing anything, ask yourself, WWJD. Video games were not around obviously, so ask, Would Jesus Play Games? He was a kid, so why not? I don't know the game you're talking about, but the more scripture you know the better you'll be able to answer your own question. Witchcraft, murder, sex, rape, gore and violence would not be something Jesus would play. Don't put Jesus up so high that you forgive He lived just like we did, as a human without His Godly power and authority. He learned obedience. He could take back His power and authority if He had wanted to, but if He had, we'd all die and go to hell. The point is, don't let IT become a god to you where you MUST play it. Everything in moderation. Remember Paul's words:

1 Corinthians 6:12 (KJV)
    All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

(ESV)
    “All things are lawful for me,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful for me,” but I will not be dominated by anything. ​

Don't let anything dominate you... that's bondage.

Juk and Mykuhl say Amen and like this.
  5. I understand. One thing that I liked about this game (and many others) is how it sorta guilt tripped me to into reading the Word of God, if I didn't already. But I might not play it again, because when I like a video game, I tend to think about it a lot and it raids my thoughts. One reason why I started praying out loud.

6. If you do something you THINK is a sin, then it IS a sin... do everything in faith giving thanks to God.

Juk likes this.