1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Should Christians Play Smite?

Discussion in 'Sports, Games and Health' started by Juk, Jan 29, 2015.

1. I'm sure that God already told me that I should not play Smite, so I do not play it anymore. But I want to know if you guys think that God would approve of it based on what the Bible says and what the game is about.

Here is the website for the game: http://www.hirezstudios.com/smite/ I suggest you read through most of it or just all of it.

In a nutshell though, the game is about mythical gods fighting it out in a battle arena. When I say mythical gods, I mean the gods that the Egyptians worshiped, the Hindus worship, as well as Chinese, Norse, and Greek gods.

I think that God already told me that most of you are going to say no, because when I was typing "Norse", I mistakenly type "NO" and then saw the mistake. God bless. :)
  2. Deuteronomy 10:17 (KJV)
    For the Lord your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward.
    The passage is clear. Be mindful of this when you play such games.
  3. I used to play the game very cautiously and didn't like to spend too much time on it. I don't play it anymore because I felt that the Holy Spirit was telling me not to and I was terrible at the game anyway.
    JG27_chili likes this.
  4. If you say the Holy Spirit has said something, then obey. You do not need our out anyone's approval. Anything not done in faith is sin, Romans 14.
    Cturtle, Euphemia and Juk says Amen and like this.
  5. I just wanted to know you guys' thoughts on it. I quit the game long ago.
  6. Interesting word "smite"!
  7. I think it is funny that the ancient gods of the pagans have been reduced to mere play-things.

Play the game, and Smite the weak gods! :LOL:
    Juk likes this.
  8. That's the same exact thing I love about Smite. These "gods" (which I call characters, not gods) are exposed for what they really are: warriors. Human warriors with human desires. When I play the game, I think about how awesome Jesus is and how these "gods" are nothing compared to Him. :D
  9. I know. It's one of those words that sound just right for a video game.
  10. It's just a game. It's different to be interested of ancient mythology, which is part of human history, than actually worship those gods.
  11. No one else deserves worship but our Lord. :)
  12. I've played Smite and to be honest I'm torn in the fact that its just a game yes, but we as Christians should keep ourselves focused on Christ.
    Currently I see nothing wrong with it as long as Christ comes first, and it does not become an idol.
    JPPT1974 and Juk say Amen and like this.
  13. Really never hear of that game. Until you all brought this up. Really do not like the new video games. Prefer Donkey Kong and Pacman. But you need to always put Christ first and foremost.
    Juk likes this.
  14. I found Scripture that I believe God gave me, which is the answer:
    1 Corinthians 10:20-21 KJV
    But I say , that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils. [21] Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.

Time to look for other MOBAs.
  15. What are MOBAs?
  16. MOBAs are multi-player online battle areas, where two teams of five players have to work to take down towers and minions to work to defeat this one big boss at the end. Smite, in my opinion, is the only good MOBA out there. All the other have auto-attack and are from a bird's-eye view, but Smite puts you right in the game
  17. Ahhh ok.
    It kind of reminds me in a way of an old X-men game I used to play years ago at the arcade. We would work together to defeat all the opponents on the way to a boss at the end of each round.
    Juk likes this.
  18. Colossians 3:17 (KJV)
    And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, [do] all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. ​
    Colossians 3:23-25 (KJV)
    And whatsoever ye do, do [it] heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons. ​
    Juk likes this.
  19. Thank you for those verses; they just gave me motivation to succeed. But what would be your verdict?
  20. About what? Playing games? I wrote before and you must have missed it. I come home from work and play Dark Reign while I watch the news online. When either finishes I study the word of God.
    Juk likes this.