Shoot A Pregnant Burglar

Since they broke into your home the first time, why would you think that they would not come back again to finish the job, and maybe you and your children?

Remember the movie....."Saving Private Ryan".? The squad allowed one of the Germans to run away and he promised he would go straight to the Americans and surrender. Then at the end of the movie, who was it that shot the Captain? THE SAME GUY!

Of course we'll use a war movie as analogy for a fleeing, non-violent woman that was shot solely because the shooter said she was slower than the other.

Yes that makes perfect, logical, Levitical sense.

Of course we'll use a war movie as analogy for a fleeing, non-violent woman that was shot solely because the shooter said she was slower than the other.

Yes that makes perfect, logical, Levitical sense.

Is there a reason why you are going out of your way to show all of us just how arrogant you are?

Because you do not have an open mind but instead an agenda to prove, you missed the whole point of a war movie analogy. The point being proposed is that which you do not take care of when you should have in a proper way, just may come back to hurt you on another day, pregnant not withstanding.

Who can honestly say what they would do given a certain situation? The Lord may direct our path differently from what we think we may do. The just shall live by faith in the Son of God in leading them to do what He wants us to do.

I'll admit, believers do not always do what He has taught them to do, but those trusting Him to be led by Him, shall perform His will for they trust Him to enable them to do so.

Psalm 19:12 Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults. 13 Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression. 14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

Proverbs 16:9A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps.

Jeremiah 10:23 O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. 24 O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing.

James 4:13 Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: 14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. 15 For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that. 16 But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil. 17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

There are some things in life that we have to decide today what we will do if confronted with those challenges in life. This situation we are talking about here IMO is one of those things. Most of us do not know what we would do when faced with something out of our ordinary life.

I can remember vividly the first man I shot and killed in combat. It did not just happen. I was drilled, and trained over and over and over. For 6 months all soldiers are trained as to what they should do in a given combat situation so that when it does happen, you act more on the training and instinct that you do on your heart. It is still an inner conflict when it does happen, however, the time spent in training on what to do saved my life and not only mine but millions of men who have found themselves in the same situation.
Preparation is the key to success, and in combat.....surviving for another day.

There are some things in life that we have to decide today what we will do if confronted with those challenges in life. This situation we are talking about here IMO is one of those things. Most of us do not know what we would do when faced with something out of our ordinary life.

I can remember vividly the first man I shot and killed in combat. It did not just happen. I was drilled, and trained over and over and over. For 6 months all soldiers are trained as to what they should do in a given combat situation so that when it does happen, you act more on the training and instinct that you do on your heart. It is still an inner conflict when it does happen, however, the time spent in training on what to do saved my life and not only mine but millions of men who have found themselves in the same situation.
Preparation is the key to success, and in combat.....surviving for another day.

Military prepareness doesn't always grant success nor give a guarantee for survival, but it can help.

Jesus also calls us to prepare in Luke 12:40-49 in order to avoid being left behind when He sends fire on the earth.

The difference between the two is the former relies on their training whereas the latter relies totally on Jesus Christ as their Good Shepherd. It was Him that carried me through situations what any other red blooded American would not take lying down. Looking back as the devil often tempts me to get a grip on my anger to become malicious, Jesus again, carries me through it to forgive them for they know not what they do so I can trust Him to carry me through whatever future situation He would have me go through as abiding in Him & His words.

As it is, I am flooded with malicious thoughts of what I would do to any invader in my family's home as I do not think it is in me as in, in my flesh, to suffer a thief at all, but Jesus is Lord.

Back