Shoot A Pregnant Burglar

A few questions..

If the burglar is not visibly pregnant, why would someone trust the words of a burglar? Shooting a person who is visible pregnant is one thing and what is happening is totally another thing..

Another question.. Even if the person is visible pregnant, how would I know if she is really pregnant or just have stuffed her dress like movies? Just trying to get away with theft? How will I know if that is an exit strategy?

And when she is running away, how would I know what are all the things she is carrying? Leave out money.. What if she has my SS card, school/college certificates, passport, etc.. And when I have caught her and telling her to stop with a gun in my hand and she is not stopping, what should I do?

Answers for these questions would help me make an informed decision :D
Have the Holy Spirit give you the answer to if she is pregnant or not. Maybe say a little prayer. "Lord, if she is pregnant make this bullet miss. However, if she has stolen my SS card, show her no mercy, and allow thy bullet to end her life and send her straight to you for judgment. Amen."
;)

Have the Holy Spirit give you the answer to if she is pregnant or not. Maybe say a little prayer. "Lord, if she is pregnant make this bullet miss. However, if she has stolen my SS card, show her no mercy, and allow thy bullet to end her life and send her straight to you for judgment. Amen."
;)

Haha, that's not entirely fair. We shouldn't automatically assume that a this means shoot to kill.

I definitely would not support "shooting" some fleeing harmless potential assailant...and if and when about the work of God taking the persecution or oppression is a different matter, but if you (any) are telling me that if someone was coming into your home possibly to hurt their children or spouse and you did nothing then that is as apprehensible as denying your child antibiotics or a blood transfusion because of some warped belief of what God was speaking about....

Yeah, yeah as we add absurd requirements it becomes more and more unlikely anybody would harm the person...I mean how far would you chase a starving shop lifter from your store if they had only one arm and was in a wheel chair (I could go on)....Seriously...if someone broke into your house and you yell and they fled of course that would fix the problem and there would be no need to pursue the matter but the original OP was all I had to go on...I do not have/do facebook

What would you have done brother?
Hello brother.
I had a guy scam me for $800 this week. My first thought, which was also my fleshly thought, which was to find this guy and destroy him. With technology, it's really not that hard to catch someone.

After I cooled down, I thought about it some more. I thought how would I be glorifying God by finding out where this guy lives, pistol whipping him, then putting the barrel of my .45 into his mouth and politely requesting my money back, while tears ran down his face. How does that glorify God, and how would I not be breaking the second greatest commandment?

I had to ask God for forgiveness. The man obviously needed the money more then I do, and I'm trying to store treasure in heaven not on earth. So I pray God blesses that man too.

So to answer your question,I would of prayed for the lady. I would of tried to remember the second greatest commandment, and have compassion for the lady, for a pregnant women willing to take the risk of breaking into someone's home, obviously she is desperate. Though not a wise choice, in her mind she probably feels that's the only choice. How sad is that? How can a true Christian not show empathy towards this women's desperation?

While they were laughing at Christ on the cross as he was dying, didn't he say forgive them father? His life was in danger and he didn't need self defense.

I definitely would not support "shooting" some fleeing harmless potential assailant...and if and when about the work of God taking the persecution or oppression is a different matter, but if you (any) are telling me that if someone was coming into your home possibly to hurt their children or spouse and you did nothing then that is as apprehensible as denying your child antibiotics or a blood transfusion because of some warped belief of what God was speaking about....

Yeah, yeah as we add absurd requirements it becomes more and more unlikely anybody would harm the person...I mean how far would you chase a starving shop lifter from your store if they had only one arm and was in a wheel chair (I could go on)....Seriously...if someone broke into your house and you yell and they fled of course that would fix the problem and there would be no need to pursue the matter but the original OP was all I had to go on...I do not have/do facebook
I'm beginning to understand the verse, "However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?""

So to answer your question,I would of prayed for the lady. I would of tried to remember the second greatest commandment, and have compassion for the lady, for a pregnant women willing to take the risk of breaking into someone's home, obviously she is desperate. Though not a wise choice, in her mind she probably feels that's the only choice. How sad is that? How can a true Christian not show empathy towards this women's desperation?

While they were laughing at Christ on the cross as he was dying, didn't he say forgive them father? His life was in danger and he didn't need self defense.
I fail to see how you could make that kind of analogy.
Jesus was supposed to die.......that was a necessary part of the culminating purpose of His incarnation. (not happy about how He died, not all that impressed with myself for nailing Him to the cross.....)
A person pregnant or not is not supposed to rob anyone...............How can you possibly compare the ministry of Jesus, our Saviour to the works of a common thief??

Last edited:
I think it incumbent on anyone who owns a gun to learn how to use it effectively.
An example....The Hollywood idea of an NCIS agent is that they can empty a full clip into a 3" circle in under 5 seconds. That is do-able.
Takes a lot of practice to achieve that sort of accuracy, however a 3" circle can easily be drawn on a thigh, buttock etc. no need to aim at any-thing like the head or trunk.

I fail to see how you could make that kind of analogy.
Jesus was supposed to die.......that was a necessary part of the culminating purpose of His incarnation. (not happy about how He died, not all that impressed with myself for nailing Him to the cross.....)
A person pregnant or not is not supposed to rob anyone...............How can you possibly compare the ministry of Jesus, our Saviour to the works of a common thief??
I'm not comparing his ministry. I'm talking about self defense. Christ did not need self defense. We are not greater than the master. If he doesn't need it, we don't need it. He said if someone hits us then turn the other cheek and let them hit you again. But it seems some want to ignore that and say its crazy not to defend themselves. Then what is Christ talking about when he says turn the cheek?

I'm beginning to understand the verse, "However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?""

So do you really believe God wills that if an assailant was breaking into your house, letting them have at your kids or wife is what He would want you to do? Wouldn't being willing to lay down your own life to save them be a more godly alternative? What is God going to do to those who hurt His kids?

I understand not reacting to violence with violence when it comes to self (someone slapping YOUR cheek) but again thats not the same...

Do you have children?

Paul

I'm not comparing his ministry. I'm talking about self defense. Christ did not need self defense. We are not greater than the master. If he doesn't need it, we don't need it. He said if someone hits us then turn the other cheek and let them hit you again. But it seems some want to ignore that and say its crazy not to defend themselves. Then what is Christ talking about when he says turn the cheek?
The mere fact that He created us with only two cheeks, should tell us that this is metaphor not literal.
1Tim 5:8. But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.
Now when a thief enters your home and steals what you have laid up in provisions for your family and you help him on his way,.............................?
Or do you think that if you provide a loaf of bread for your family, your responsibility ends there?

Last edited:
I like the prayer :)

O.O

No just no.
I mean she wass fleeing ! Leaving.... so to shoot while the person is leaving. And pregnant..that is total spite.

Idk call me a pacifist, but i rather be killed than kill.
I could never carry the weight of putting somone 6ft under... i just cant

[QUOTE="Where is the Messiah, post: 358659, member: 13]Hello brother.
I had a guy scam me for $800 this week. My first thought, which was also my fleshly thought, which was to find this guy and destroy him. With technology, it's really not that hard to catch someone.

After I cooled down, I thought about it some more. I thought how would I be glorifying God by finding out where this guy lives, pistol whipping him, then putting the barrel of my .45 into his mouth and politely requesting my money back, while tears ran down his face. How does that glorify God, and how would I not be breaking the second greatest commandment?

I had to ask God for forgiveness. The man obviously needed the money more then I do, and I'm trying to store treasure in heaven not on earth. So I pray God blesses that man too.[/QUOTE]

Something similar happened to my mom , although she isnt saved and it was 500, she had a family..and said the same thing." They might have needed it more"

She was fleeing when shot.

Would you shoot a fleeing person that was not threatening you?

Most would just let her go. I know when I was about to broken into a couple of days after Christmas in 1995 I just yelled at the guy and he fled. By the time I got to the window all I saw was shoes.

Did I go after him? No.
Did I seek to hurt him or kill him? No.

I was just glad neither of us were hurt in the altercation.

Since they broke into your home the first time, why would you think that they would not come back again to finish the job, and maybe you and your children?

Remember the movie....."Saving Private Ryan".? The squad allowed one of the Germans to run away and he promised he would go straight to the Americans and surrender. Then at the end of the movie, who was it that shot the Captain? THE SAME GUY!

Okay WiM let me tell you a true story that happened to me…

One day my wife and I were at a very busy laundryrmat. We had our 3 year old daughter Victoria with us…while my wife was over at a drier, I was sitting on a bench keeping an eye on V while she was running around and pushing a huge canvas laundry bin, etc…

The place had a convenience store attached with a swinging door in between…some guy was looking in through the glass watching for a moment and as he entered he dropped what looked like a small bag of laundry on one of the tables…I thought nothing of it…

As my little girl was passing near the store end of the laundry he walks over to her and bends down grabbing her arm (my wife’s back still turned to the machine) and offering to bring her into the store to buy her some candy…(he must not have known I was her abba)…he starts pulling her toward the door and she is pulling back but not screaming as he talks soothingly to her…I get up and walk over toward him saying let her go…he began pulling her swiftly to the door….now consider the alternatives…

I could say “Oh Jesus forgive him he knows not what he is doing”, “forgive Him Father”, and just let him alone…or I could insist again (which I did) and when he began to run (literally dragging her now crying out) I kicked him as hard as I could and threatened to beat his head in….he still did not let go so I side-kicked him in his back and slammed my fist into his face…he let her go but I jumped on him and held him yelling for someone to call the police…turns out he was a known pedophile living in the area….

Now as God had given me this precious gift (V) to be her provider and protector, I believe had I taken the “poor lost soul, he knows not what he is doing" approach, rather than the throw the tables over for righteousness sake at risk to my own life, I would have failed in my ABBA’s expectation of me…letting him kidnap her and do God knows what to her would in no wise be exercising true faith…no, her blood would have been on my account because I was able to prevent this evil and did not…do you see? To know to do good and do it not is sin....I hope you do because that is REAL everyday somewhere and as one wise man said all it takes for evil to continue to exist is for good men to do nothing….

The Lord bless…she is now alive and 28 with two children of her own and I would offer my life for either of them as well…and probably for any of your children…and if you believe this is an unchristian perspective, may the Lord forgive you, my brother...

In His love

Paul

Back