Shock and Awe

The basic weapon is a 6-barrel, air-cooled, and electrically driven machine gun. The electric drive rotates the weapon within its housing, with a rotating firing pin assembly and rotary chamber.[1] The minigun's multibarrel design helps prevent overheating, but also serves other functions. Multiple barrels allow for a greater capacity for a high firing rate, since the serial process of firing/extraction/loading is taking place in all barrels simultaneously. Thus, as one barrel fires, two others are in different stages of shell extraction and another three are being loaded. The minigun is composed of multiple closed-bolt rifle barrels arranged in a circular housing. The barrels are rotated by an external power source: usually electric, pneumatic, or hydraulic. Other rotating-barrel cannons are powered by the gas pressure or recoil energy of fired cartridges. A gas-operated variant, designated the XM133, was also developed, but was not put into production.

Vex; IN all fairness, I mentioned many ways that this device can be used and I don't believe that "mass-murder" was on my list.

Are you open to the possibility that firearms are useful on many levels and not necessarily all bad or evil?

Now, obviously this gun was designed for a massive impact, but it also carries a "shock" factor.

That is to say that it is a great deterrant! Thus it can save many lives.

As far as the .762 goes, it is a mangnificent multi-purpouse device that like all blessings can be used for good as well as evil. I own several, and spend a great deal of time enjoying them and bonding with my family with them.

Currently, I am delighting in the fact that my electrical power is supplied by a nuclear reactor.

That is not the same thing as delighting on nuclear energy being used as a weapon af mass destruction. :)

Mass murder? If I were in a combat situation (I was drafted) and the enemy was determined to kill me - I would be glad to have such a weapon. Most anyone would. This reminds me of "Mac" in the movie "The Preditor" when he was using the mini gun - and that was slow compared to this new one.

Back