Sharing from Charles Stanley's Book

It's from Charles Stanley's Book. [Not my writing].

Third, your perception of the Father impacts whether or not you really expect Him to answer you. Hebrews 11:6 is clear: “Without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.” Do you trust the Lord is working on your behalf? Are you confident He hears your petitions and is leading you in the best way possible?

If not, you may be like the man in the story at the beginning of this chapter—just talking to yourself. But to the person who believes God is able, who prays according to His will, and who walks in an intimate relationship with Him, Jesus says, “All things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you” (Mark 11:24).

One of my favorite passages of Scripture, Proverbs 3:5–6, instructs, “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.” But what makes God trustworthy? Why should you and I place our faith in His character? You and I can count on the Lord because of His steadfast holiness and unassailable integrity (Num. 23:19; Ps. 22:3–4). People in your life may disappoint you. They may not always be honest or act in your best interest. But you can be certain the Father will do what is good, loving, and righteous on your behalf because He is holy and always does the right thing.

Hebrews 6:18 promises, “It is impossible for God to lie.” When the Father says He cares for you, it is not a trick; it is the absolute truth. He will never lead you astray but will always be honorable and guide you in the best way possible.

What this means for your situation is that the Father is omnipotent—He is all-powerful. He can literally move heaven and earth to accomplish His will for you because He put them in place and guides their every movement (Ps. 104). Also, the Lord is omniscient, which signifies He is all-knowing and completely wise. He sees your past, present, and future and understands everything about your situation, even details you could not possibly discern. He identifies exactly what you need and how to provide it, but He also recognizes how to best use your difficulties to build you up and mature your faith (Rom. 8:28).

Additionally, God is omnipresent. He is outside of time and everywhere at once, so He is always with you in every moment, no matter where you go (Josh. 1:9). Nothing in your life escapes His notice.

He is able to rally resources and influence circumstances that you don’t even know exist in order to solve the problems you’re facing, regardless of what they are. Luke 1:37 testifies, “Nothing will be impossible with God.” No matter how deep, wide, piercing, mighty, complicated, or overwhelming the trials you face, the living Lord is greater and can lead you to victory in them (John 16:33). So again the response is yes, the Father is really able to help you.

Back