1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Sex outside marriage

Discussion in 'Marriage and Relationships' started by honestjeenn, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Sex outside marriage

Is this really forbidden? If so, why there are so many practicing now a days the pre-marital sex? Why a lot of people around me here are just fond of living in together?

Also, have some online friends who are guys, who is seem afraid of marriage due to past relationships of them didn't work out...

There are too many broken families now it is because of infidelity... Why? What's wrong?
    Popow Ully Cytorues likes this.
  2. Hmm . it is possible people don't understand what it does to them inside . everything seems okay but there is a certain self destruction involved . as the proverbs say .
  3. Because like I said satan is the root cause of all this way of life and wants to keep people in bondage and darkness . . Jesus is the light of the world and when we fully commit ourselves to Him , He gives us the Holy Spirit who giudes us into right living and we do not want to do those things any more but we want to please Jesus .

Because we live in a fallen world and morality has gone to the utermost extreme becuse of TV , Movies Hollywood asnd internet all of people values and ideas of marriage has just gone out the window . We are definately living in the times of Sodom and Gamorha back in the Old Testament .

Does it make right? nope , it doesn't cause in God's word He has told us to be holy and how can we be holy if we are lowering ourselves to the standards of the world .

I wonder why so many oppose holiness, for they are opposing all things holy. The God we serve is holy, we read His holy Scriptures, we have His holy Spirit, we worship His Holy Son, yet we deny our living holy.
  4. for a long time people have not took the time to way up there choices,and life can become a lot worse.people say they wouldn,t of done this or that in hindsight etc.the young can get into a lot of trouble especially these days.
  5. God created sex for marriage only to give their love and show unselfish commitment. When 2 are not married it can cause many problems because they are not committed enough to each other to make it work for a life time. They want an out if they change their mind, And because of that any time there is a problem then they will just break up instead of asking God to help them work it out.

Just because people do not do as God intended does not make it right. They are not even considering what He says, but just want their own selfish ways.

Fire can be used in a good way to keep us warm and cook our food as God intended. But if we use it for something God did not intend and burn houses down, that's not good. The same with sex. If not used as God intended it is not good for a couple.
  6. May I suggest you read … Romans 8:1-17

Paul says the Holy Spirit works in the lives of Jesus followers to help free them from the power of sin and live a life that pleases God . God strengthens believers and renews believers through the Holy Spirit . . The things that are from God are pleasing to God . People who are controlled or led by the Holy Spirit want to keep their minds and actions focused on what the Spirit desires instead of what the sinful nature desires .

And that is what I was saying about the world we are living in today . People who are in all these sins do not love the Lord or they would not be involved in all these desires . We cannot judge what other people are doing but need to keep ourselves in purity and holiness and follow after Jesus and not what the world is doing because ultimately as it says that brings death and in order to have eternal life we have accepted Christ into hearts and follow His will and direction .

Romans 8

Life Through the Spirit

1Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,2because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering.And so he condemned sin in sinful man,[4in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit.
    5Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace; 7the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so. 8Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God.
    9You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. 10But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness. 11And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.
    12Therefore, brothers, we have an obligation—but it is not to the sinful nature, to live according to it. 13For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live, 14because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. 15For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." 16The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. 17Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.
  7. So if a lot are practicing this because they didn't knew GOD... I maybe won't find someone as people seem don't know now what is wrong and right... Sigh
  8. Jeen .... We as Christians are not practicing this .... We are living this because the Holy Spirit in us guides our life and to live a righteous life before God , we love Him and want to follow His ways . It is not a matter of do's and don't . It is a heart matter .

We as born again Christians desire to let Jesus live through us .

His ways are always better than our ways . Pray and ask the Lord to help you find a Christian who is led by the Lord and he will have the same desires . God will show you and direct you if you ask Him . We need to put our whole trust in Jesus , KNowing that all things work for good .
  9. This is a sin that is not preached on because it steps on, just about, everyones toes, often including the preacher's. My answer to this problem is repentance but the ear marks for who needs to repent always earns me negative results.

People like being religious, it makes them feel good. They do not like following God and God has never favored the religious, He has always sought after people to commune with, a relationship. Biblical marriage is likewise a relationship and these people do not have the true picture of what they are doing.

When Adam married Eve he lay with her and they became one flesh. This remained the only requirement for marriage, at least through Isaac and Rebecka, there was no certificate of marriage. We must learn the truth and to ignore that certificate, it is nothing more to God than a state enforced tax on marriage. Before anyone bothers to ask, yes, everyone of those teenage girls on your backseat are your wives, making you an adulterer before you step outside of the marriage "you" choose to recognize. And again, before you bother to ask, I also am guilty of this sin. I repented and bowed my knee, in submission, to God and have been forgiven. From that point on I have never been unfaithful to my wife, not even in thought!

You see, until folks begin to believe God, there will never be a resolution.
    Krystal and jamiee1869 say Amen and like this.

10. Yes, as a christian, we are not practicing this BUT men are not thinking now a days of marriage... Men don't have the nerves to marry even women are already pregnant...
  11. We all know that my dear and the only way these people will change is through the power of the cross and it is up to us to show them through our Holy living and showing them what Christ tells us about Holyiness . You see the ways of the world are very selfish and they want everything for themselves and then when they fall they blame it on God .

We have the mandate as Christians to help and guide people one by one to help them to know about the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and unless and untill people believe they will be lost and going to damnation . Sorry but that's the way it is and God's Word never lies .

We cannot look to men ( or women for that matter ) . We need to look at our own lives and decide to follow Jesus Christ and His teachings . When we have Jesus in our lives, He has given us the Holy Spirit to discern right from wrong . He will never do anything to harm us but gives us guidelines to live and if we want to please Him , isn't it more important than what others are doing or not doing ?

Blessings to you sweetheart . I know it is not easy , but with Jesus and the Holy Spirit , we can make it through life , knowing that the ultimate promise is eternal life with Jesus . It will be worth it all .
  12. Bless you, Bill! Great post.

Because I have respect for your age and experience, I hope you'll allow me to comment on the above (I'm a golden oldie too - 71). Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. Romans 13:1 Along with verse 2: Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves.

Because of the 1st 4 verses of this Chapter I've always held that the Government's Marriage Certificate is ratified by God, and just yesterday advised a young lady to closely observe that after a marriage upheaval in her life.

Of course there are situations where the Apostles disobeyed the authorities when it conflicted directly with obeying God, but otherwise I hold to the above verses as our rule of conduct.

Much love in Jesus!

- BM
  13. I have to mention... as a once backslidden Christian my husband and I did this. It was an abomination before God. We also lived together prior to marriage. Once we started attending church and I rededicated my life and he became saved and we were both baptized together... we put a stop to that. An important verse..

Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge. Hebrews 13:4(NKJV)

or The ESV Bible says...
    "Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous" Heb 13:4

1Now concerning the matters about which you wrote: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” 2But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. 3The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. 5Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

8To the unmarried and the widows I say that it is good for them to remain single as I am. 9But if they cannot exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion. 1 Cor 7:1-5, 8-9 (ESV)
  14. I honour you for your post. And for ultimately coming to the Lord.

Bless you both heaps!

- BM

15. I am not looking to the lives of others... My point here is that, in the sense that i am not yet married, how would i able to find someone who is having the same belief as mine as again, i have to mention, men are into flesh... Sigh
  16. I understand what you are saying and I realize it is difficult but as you honour God with your purity and you seek Him and ask Him to help you find the right person , He becomes your all in all and you fall deeply in love with Jesus and His promises . Then all the rest becomes secondary .

17. No worries sis, just struggling sometimes of loneliness... I was working online for 6 hours, have little business at home(ice cream, ice pops, frozen foods, kiddie toys and i let my one unit computer be rented by my neighbors), i was in fact a busy woman but felt boredom and tired of having no one sometimes.. I can't either go out anymore due to, my work was online and spend much time for my home business... Just read my bible twice or thrice a week, watch some fellowship on tv, i never able to come to church anymore... So my time is only at home, the reason why i am looking for a partner even just in an online dating sites... Funny thing but i just don't know.. If godswill to meet a guy, online or in real world, it is up to God... as long as He would give me someone who is a Believer.. Hey, thanks for the encouragement... God bless you sister in Christ...

18. Wow... At least other people are aware of this as seem majority are blind when it comes to this issue...
  19. You are very welcome my dear .

Now this morning as I was reading and spending time with the Lord , He impressed upon me to tell you not to be worried about these things in our life that we think are important but to spend more time with Him .

Yesterday as I listened to a misssionary from Africa who said she gets up even before the rooster crows to pray - read His Word and get His blessings for her day ; I thought - Yes, I need to spend more time at the foot of the cross , waiting on Him , trusting Him for my day and whatever comes . I need to be like the story of Martha and Mary where Jesus does not scold Mary for sitting with Him while her sister runs around with all the preparations for dinner . Mary was just happy to sit quietly with Jesus , listening to everything He had to say.

Reading this morning in Romans Chapter 8 - we learn that Paul was telling the people that even though Moses law was good , and Paul tried very hard to keep all the laws - he could no .

The only way you and I can be free from the desires of the flesh is to accept and believe in our hearts that Jesus came to break the power of sin and death so that we may live with Him forever .

God is the only One who strengthens us and renews us as believers through the power of the Holy Spirit that lives within us when we accept Jesus as our Saviour .

We then want to flee from our old ways of sin and embrase Christ's ways so as to please him - not man .

People who are controlled or a better word " Led" by the Holy Spirit want to keep their minds and actions focused on what the Spirit desires instead of on what the sinful nature desires .

God richly bless you my dear.
  20. Praise the Lord. He rewards those who honor and do what His Word says