1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Sex Before Marriage

Discussion in 'Marriage and Relationships' started by bigman, May 22, 2013.

1. I know that sex before marriage is a sin but I've heard a few different perspectives lately and I want some clarification. Sleeping around is a sin but if you have sex with a girl and only that one girl you never break up and you marry her what does that fall under. please help.
  2. It's still sin according to God's Word-that simple....

Other 'accommodations' were made in the 'law' for cultural reasons-not Godly reasons. In the beginning God made male & female to be 'one flesh' to 'cleave' to one another in Genesis. Jesus Christ reconfirms this in the Gospels and Paul further clarifies the intent in his epistles.

Here's the thing: you can mess around-God wants us to be fruitful; and if He desires, He will use your sin to fulfill His purposes in the long term. Which means He will use your offspring for vessels of 'honor' or vessels of 'dishonor'. What kind of children do you want to raise?

My advice is start and do it God's way first and always and avoid a whole bunch of headache. The odds of having bore 'vessels of honor' are more in your favor doing it His way. God will not honor your sinful relationship until you repent and do it His way...(Heart condition-turn the heart 'around'/ away from sin.)
    Jake likes this.
  3. Im sorry im not very smart so forgive if im misunderstanding this. So are you saying that i should definitely stop and wait now until marriage or. that is sin but at the same time its ok
  4. If you are currently in this relationship and having sex before marriage-it is not God's original intent for your life. YES-it is a sin. In order to gain God's blessing in your relationship; YOU must STOP and turn away (repent) from your current ways and follow God's plan ASAP. Which means marriage or celibacy....

Until marriage you should be 'sexless'....:confused:

Nope it is not popular; but do you seek the things of the world or the things of God? Your choice....
  5. Well said DRS - completely agreed right there!!
  6. Yes, Its SIN having sex before marriage. Its secondary you marry her or not, Primarily you should not do SEX before marriage.
  7. The Bible solution is get married. Better to get married than to burn with lust. God made us sexual.
    Jasmine888, Lifeasweknowit and Jake says Amen and like this.
  8. this one might be akward or or uncomfortable so if it is feel free to just ignore it im just trying to cover all of my questions so anyway what about masturbation.

9. Your body belongs first to God and then to your future wife....What do you think?
  10. All have given great advice here!
  11. So yea I'll take that as it's bad too.
  12. I was talking with an older woman at work today and she were talking about the old and new testament and she said that some of the old harsh strict laws change or are taken away in the new testament i might have been misunderstanding her but if so can you tell me any in specific im still reading but it would be nice to know some things now.
  13. I agree thank you all so much.
  14. Well....The OT was "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth" in ancient Israel...God in the NT is spreading the Gospel worldwide so that law is no go now.
  15. The 'law' reveals our sin....

It is our duty to abstain from sin once revealed....

Salvation saves us from the condemnation in the law....(we are ALL condemned to Hell in the Law)

But we are still required to know and follow the 'law'....

If you are living right with a heart for God-the 'law' wouldn't pertain to you because you would always be doing the 'right thing' when you truly follow in Christ's footsteps....

Galations 5:
    16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
    17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
    18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
    19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
    20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
    21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
    22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
    23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
    24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
    25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
    26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.
    xspinningisfun and Jake say Amen and like this.
  16. What are all of these fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies revealing
  17. Not sure I understand the question-if it is a question? Can you rephrase?
  18. I just didn't know the definition of them and what the bible defines them as
  19. At some point each individual has to make a choice:

Follow Good

If you do not know what is evil; how do you know when you are on the wrong path?
  20. Good point. just don't wana sit before Christ and and hear him say he doesn't know me and it was because of something i didn't know wrong i mean its all just common sense so i feel like i can make the right choices i just don't want to have to face that idk maybe im just being paranoid And i just need to calm down make good choices read the bible and pray