1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

SERVICE

Discussion in 'Thoughts for Today' started by godbe4me, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Ted Engstrom in The Pursuit of Excellence writes:

I was cleaning out a desk drawer when I found a flashlight I hadn't used in over a year. I flipped the switch but wasn't surprised when it gave no light. I unscrewed it and shook it to get the batteries out, but they wouldn't budge.

Finally, after some effort, they came loose. What a mess! Battery acid had corroded the entire inside of the flashlight. The batteries were new when I'd put them in, and I'd stored them in a safe, warm place. But there was one problem. Those batteries weren't made to be warm and comfortable. They were designed to be turned on---to be used.
    It's the same with us. We weren't created to be warm, safe, and comfortable. You and I were made to be "turned on"---to put our love to work, to apply our patience in difficult, trying situations--to let our light shine.

Comfort, Security

1 Thess. 5:14: "Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the febble-minded, support the weak, be patient toward all men."

SueJLove, Abdicate and / says Amen and like this.