Serve God And Not Religion!

That is why I don't get upset when these preachers pull for money, take believers money. I also look at how long and healthy a minister has been.

God is not mocked, you must reap what you have sown. If you sown wrongly out of deception, you will reap destruction. The curse causeless shall not come. Sickness and money issues are the first things hit, then death. The curse was designed to kill.

It's the clueless that do not know God, nor understand laws of the Spirit. God is not slack as some count slackness, but a minister is judged and will fall. I can name several.

Kenneth Copeland, 77 years old, still fly's his jet plane and missed one set of meetings for disobeying God. He did not do something the Lord asked him to do in one of his departments, fell short of paying the TV bills, and one of his disk in his back was found to be missing. He was told he was done.
Just that one little thing, He set aside and did not do. The ignorant mock him, not knowing God does judge, and is not slack, nor can a man escape what he has sown.

Kenneth said, I confessed healing, I believed but it got to the point I could not hardly walk. It's then I sought God, to know how the enemy got a place. The Lord revealed to me where I ignored him and did not do what he said do. I got it right real quick and learned a lesson. 40 years and only one missed set of meetings to Australia.

We all have our reward, lets make sure it's all good.

;
I don't believe in that. Simply because Jesus never charged any one to listen to him preach. Plus the way my pastor put it was a total turn off she said "it's like going to McDonald's you have to pay there to eat so coming to church and giving to the collection plate is like you being fed the word. So if you have to pay at McDonald's than there's no reason why you should come here and eat for free". When I heard that I was like wow, really. Plus you can give elsewhere and still sow seeds. I rather give to the poor, or buy a homeless person something to eat, or a hot drink. I rather do things like that, it has more meaning to me. And god accepts that, cuz I have reaped great rewards. Praise god!!

I don't believe in that. Simply because Jesus never charged any one to listen to him preach. Plus the way my pastor put it was a total turn off she said "it's like going to McDonald's you have to pay there to eat so coming to church and giving to the collection plate is like you being fed the word. So if you have to pay at McDonald's than there's no reason why you should come here and eat for free". When I heard that I was like wow, really. Plus you can give elsewhere and still sow seeds. I rather give to the poor, or buy a homeless person something to eat, or a hot drink. I rather do things like that, it has more meaning to me. And god accepts that, cuz I have reaped great rewards. Praise god!!

Love is not about getting, but about giving. If things were done in a perfect way, people would support the pastor because of their love for them and their church. The pastor wouldn't have to ask, because he would be believing by faith that his supply is from God and because of his faith God would provide one way or another. The emphasis should be love. However, not all pastors have faith about finances. I am not talking about the pastor demanding money as a scam or the one getting rich off deception or evil, but the simple pastor who may not have faith in this area. Giving should be an act of love toward that person because they still need to pay the bills for the building, electricity, staff, their families etc. Love and truth is what I believe you are giving voice for Magdelena, that is the reality of God, which is good and necessary, but remember even the gold digger is digging a grave for themselves if someone does not love them and bring them to true salvation.

I never said pull for money. Jesus never pulled for money but they had lots of it, and gave to the poor. I tithe, and I give to people that have needs or bills paid. Any pastor asking for money is in error, it's good enough to present things to give to and let the Lord deal with people if they should give to it or not.

I never said pull for money. Jesus never pulled for money but they had lots of it, and gave to the poor. I tithe, and I give to people that have needs or bills paid. Any pastor asking for money is in error, it's good enough to present things to give to and let the Lord deal with people if they should give to it or not.

The Ministry should not ask for tithes and offerings?

p\

A woman pastor?

O-o-o-o-h-h, Brother!(y)

What I would have said in an extended version was that the principles of tithing should be taught as well as giving as on just can't drop money if they don't understand really why. Money without Faith tied to it, does no good.

A Church should be a tithing church and a giving church. Our Church tithes over 10% to shop with a cop, food pantery, other churches, and we have building project we show on screen for other churches and you would designate your money to go to that if you wanted.

We also have a Word supply which we ship CD's DVD's over 50,000 a week or more free, shipping paid all over the Word you can sow into if you like.

http://www.flcbranson.org/freedownloads-serieslist.php

So we have lots of projects we bring on a big screen for other churches you can sow into with Word supply you can designate. It's up to the Lord or the person to know what to sow if anything.

We paid for a 3 million dollar boat to witness to the south pacific. Spent 100,000's on some big earth moving equip for a group to help clean up that Tornado that hit OK last year. things like that. No pulling for money, ever.

What I would have said in an extended version was that the principles of tithing should be taught as well as giving as on just can't drop money if they don't understand really why. Money without Faith tied to it, does no good.
A Church should be a tithing church and a giving church. Our Church tithes over 10% to shop with a cop, food pantery, other churches, and we have building project we show on screen for other churches and you would designate your money to go to that if you wanted.
We also have a Word supply which we ship CD's DVD's over 50,000 a week or more free, shipping paid all over the Word you can sow into if you like.
http://www.flcbranson.org/freedownloads-serieslist.php
So we have lots of projects we bring on a big screen for other churches you can sow into with Word supply you can designate. It's up to the Lord or the person to know what to sow if anything.
We paid for a 3 million dollar boat to witness to the south pacific. Spent 100,000's on some big earth moving equip for a group to help clean up that Tornado that hit OK last year. things like that. No pulling for money, ever.

Sounds good!

All good points, I think.

The NT teaches generosity in supporting those in need. Some churches are far removed from that mandate, and probably do need to be challenged in the way they are using money, so I agree that the "pay to eat" mentality is simply not good enough, and I agree that this mentality does not reflect what the scriptures teach about generosity.

However, here's where I might challenge your perspective. Churches decide what kind of organisational structure they will have. Pastors (generally) don't impose themselves on congregations, but congregations decide they have a need for a person in "full-time ministry" and choose to elect/hire such a person. If this is the case in a particular congregation, I'd suggest that congregation has some level of responsibility to see that they person they have chosen to hire is provided for.

I think we have a lot of freedom to assess the needs of our local church and community, and decide on an appropriate structure from there. If a church decides it has a need for paid ministers, it's free to choose so, but then takes on certain moral obligations to meet their needs. Perhaps another church will decide on a different structure, and they are free to do that as well. I suspect that I'm speaking to a kindred spirit in what sort of structures sound best to us, but I must try to keep in mind that the Spirit guides us all in many different ways, but all for the same shared purpose.

Perhaps the Spirit has lain certain compulsions on your heart. You seem to understand God's compassion for those in need, and that Christians will be compelled by His love to meet those needs, and you decide to be generous to meet those needs in a very direct way. Other Christians will be compelled by His love to meet other types of need in other ways. Each of us must follow our own convictions, and even if that ends up looking really different for each of us, we still share a unity of purpose.

All good points, I think.

The NT teaches generosity in supporting those in need. Some churches are far removed from that mandate, and probably do need to be challenged in the way they are using money, so I agree that the "pay to eat" mentality is simply not good enough, and I agree that this mentality does not reflect what the scriptures teach about generosity.

However, here's where I might challenge your perspective. Churches decide what kind of organisational structure they will have. Pastors (generally) don't impose themselves on congregations, but congregations decide they have a need for a person in "full-time ministry" and choose to elect/hire such a person. If this is the case in a particular congregation, I'd suggest that congregation has some level of responsibility to see that they person they have chosen to hire is provided for.

I think we have a lot of freedom to assess the needs of our local church and community, and decide on an appropriate structure from there. If a church decides it has a need for paid ministers, it's free to choose so, but then takes on certain moral obligations to meet their needs. Perhaps another church will decide on a different structure, and they are free to do that as well. I suspect that I'm speaking to a kindred spirit in what sort of structures sound best to us, but I must try to keep in mind that the Spirit guides us all in many different ways, but all for the same shared purpose.

Perhaps the Spirit has lain certain compulsions on your heart. You seem to understand God's compassion for those in need, and that Christians will be compelled by His love to meet those needs, and you decide to be generous to meet those needs in a very direct way. Other Christians will be compelled by His love to meet other types of need in other ways. Each of us must follow our own convictions, and even if that ends up looking really different for each of us, we still share a unity of purpose.
I agree with your statement. You're right when you say that god calls each of us in. A different way to give but I see a lot of older people in my church, they are so stuck on giving to the collection plate that it seems like they are brain washed. Maybe perhaps it's habitual? If you look at scripture and things in general, in the world, you can see that there's many out there who are so much more needy than the pastor who lives in a nice house and drives the nice car, while some church goers still take the bus. So I see it like this... Why give to the one who obviously does not need while there's children who are hungry and that shouldn't be especially in out developed countries. Even sometimes when my church hold this "clothing/food bank" they ask for donations. Ok that's fine, I don't mind that. But shouldn't they maybe purchase some brand new stuff? Plus the church doesn't pay a mortgage any longer. It's been payed off and my pastor is always saying things to make people give, it sounds nice, but if you really listen, not just to what's being said on the surface it sounds very....dont want to use the wrong words here....not genuine.

it sounds nice, but if you really listen, not just to what's being said on the surface it sounds very....dont want to use the wrong words here....not genuine.

Yeah, I think I'm seeing a clearer picture of where you're coming from.

It sounds like you are following the convictions God has put on your heart to address a need that the Bible talks about a lot as a mandate for the church. I don't really see how anyone could fault you for following your conscience here.

I do think it's okay for Christians to support other Christians' ministry. But that whole "pay to eat" story... treating spiritual teaching as a commodity that can be sold makes me really uncomfortable the more I think about it.

The Ministry should not ask for tithes and offerings?
No. I don't think they should. Why? As a Christian
Yeah, I think I'm seeing a clearer picture of where you're coming from.

It sounds like you are following the convictions God has put on your heart to address a need that the Bible talks about a lot as a mandate for the church. I don't really see how anyone could fault you for following your conscience here.

I do think it's okay for Christians to support other Christians' ministry. But that whole "pay to eat" story... treating spiritual teaching as a commodity that can be sold makes me really uncomfortable the more I think about it.
Thank you. Yes and I stopped going to church. I haven't been for a while. Last time I went is when I got that nudge that kept bugging me to go, so one Sunday I have in and went. I love listening to the preaching and the elaboration on it. I love the gospel songs and singing my favorite ones. But the way that pastor goes on about the money really makes me look at her twice. I hope she's not all about doing it for money, treating it as just another job. Because I don't think god will be happy with that. As fact is devil was once an angel. There's many within the church who might not be genuine, also the devil knows the bible probably better than me lol.

There's many within the church who might not be genuine, also the devil knows the bible probably better than me lol.

I use to say the devil knows scripture better than we do. The Lord corrected me saying, "NO, He can quote all of them He don't know them."

Back