Serve God And Not Religion!

2 Corinthians 3:6 (KJV) Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

2 Corinthians 3:6 (KJV) Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Yes, Beloved. You see how the letter kills: or can keep one from receiving eternal life: but the letter is still glorious! If a person tells me that God is merciful, and I believe: does that save me? Of course not. But it could eventually lead me to the gospel that saves, and the point of salvation!
Problem is not the Law: for the Law offered life to them that lived by it. But only one Man did, and we are offered salvation through Him. No, the problem is in using the gospel that saves like we would have used the Law!
("Interpret/understand the Old Testament in the light of the New Testament; not interpret the New Testament in the light of the Old Testament.")
"For whatsoever is not of faith is sin." Faith in what? Faith in the gospel; that is, faith in the "...foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief cornerstone."

Romans 10:9-10 (KJV) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Romans 10:13 (KJV) For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

I don't see anything about baptism... it's 100% about Jesus and nothing we do except believe can save us. Saying we must be baptized to be saved is just plain wrong. That brings back a law of works:

Jesus + my actions != Salvation;

Jesus + faith = Salvation.

(KJV) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
(KJV) For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
I don't see anything about baptism... it's 100% about Jesus and nothing we do except believe can save us. Saying we must be baptized to be saved is just plain wrong. That brings back a law of works:

To whom was the letter to the Romans delivered: to the Jews (who knew the Law), or to the unbelievers and sinners who were ignorant of the Law? If it was only to the unbelievers and sinners, then I am completely wrong and out of line. However, that would raise a question: how could the unbelievers and sinners "...outside of the Law...", understand the letter, being ignorant of the Law? So it must have been to the Jews who knew the scriptures! Now, we can go to the context.
Paul yearns for the Jews to be saved, so he interprets the Law "In the light of the New Testament".
The Law: "Who shall ascend into heaven..who shall descend into the deep? What says it (does the Law say)?"
Then Paul says: "The word (of the Law) is near you (you know), even in your mouth, and in your heart: that is, the word of faith which we preach. That if you shall confess with your mouth (assent, agree, bring your body into subjection)...and believe in your heart...you shall be (there's that promise again!) saved."
Verse 9, puts the mouth first (it is the tongue that governs the body); and verse 10, the heart first. However, Verse 10, puts it all in perspective. "For with the heart man believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth, confession is made unto salvation."
Man cannot be saved without putting his body in governance; and only the Holy Spirit tame the body.

Saying we must be baptized to be saved is just plain wrong. That brings back a law of works:

what is baptism of the HS ???
why did Paul say did you receive the HS when you believed ???

Jhn 3:3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

why does Peter say we are saved through it like Jesus does ???

1Pe 3:21 Corresponding to that, baptism now saves you—not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience—through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

because it is not just believeing with your mind, but LIVING IT ..
and that comes through OBEDIENCE ..

Act 5:32 “And we are witnesses of these things; and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey Him.”

thus BELIEF is not only agreeing, but DOING ..

Jam 1:22 But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves.
Jam 2:8 If, however, you are fulfilling the royal law according to the Scripture, “YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF,” you are doing well.

Jam 2:14
What use is it, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but he has no works? Can that faith save him?

Jam 2:19 You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder.
Jam 2:20 But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless?

1Pe 4:17 For it is time for judgment to begin with the household of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?
1Pe 4:18 AND IF IT IS WITH DIFFICULTY THAT THE RIGHTEOUS IS SAVED, WHAT WILL BECOME OF THE GODLESS MAN AND THE SINNER?

Mat 7:19 “Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

huh .. Jesus says if I as a believer do not bear good fruit I get tossed into the fire ..

Jhn 3:36 “He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

so BELIEF is LIVING IT not just confessing it with your lips ..
if you do NOT Live it .. then you actually do NOT believe it ..

Mat 7:22 “Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’
Mat 7:23 “And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’

Mat 25:44 “Then they themselves also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not fntake care of You?’
Mat 25:45 “Then He will answer them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’
Mat 25:46 “These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Abdicate .. the symbolic baptism, is done as an act of profession of the "inward baptism" which MUST occur to be saved .. inward baptism is known by these terms ..
born again ..
baptism of the HS ..
circumcision of the heart ..

baptism of the HS is a "change of heart" ..
to now live in the spirit, and no longer in the flesh ..
this all is a "heart thing" ..

the heart now cries out "Abba father" and no longer "me, me, me" ..
this is WHAT Paul was asking if they were baptized when they believed ..
he was asking "did you consent in your heart to put God's will first" ???

Last edited:
Abdicate .. the symbolic baptism, is done as an act of profession of the "inward baptism" which MUST occur to be saved .. inward baptism is known by these terms ..
born again ..
baptism of the HS ..
circumcision of the heart ..

baptism of the HS is a "change of heart" ..
to now live in the spirit, and no longer in the flesh ..
this all is a "heart thing" ..

the heart now cries out "Abba father" and no longer "me, me, me" ..
this is WHAT Paul was asking if they were baptized when they believed ..
he was asking "did you consent in your heart to put God's will first" ???

it is a "spiritual passover" we must embrace to be saved ..

Jhn 3:3
Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

so a person who is truly a believer, has embraced this spiritual passover .. and as the verse of Paul asking this in Acts records, people can have "partial belief" before they accept in their hearts the "spiritual passover" (being born again) ..

God Bless you ..

Last edited:
And I reiterate, which no one has answer plainly: if you confess Jesus and you repent and died without baptism, will you go to heaven? That's been my only comment. The answer is definitively YES! Others will say NO! And they make it works instead of faith.

And I reiterate, which no one has answer plainly: if you confess Jesus and you repent and died without baptism, will you go to heaven? That's been my only comment. The answer is definitively YES! Others will say NO! And they make it works instead of faith.

Jesus says the answer is NO ..
Peter & Paul say NO ..
you MUST be born again to enter heaven ..

I did answer you ..
"inward baptism" (circumcision of the heart) is the real deal ..
the symbolic action is only a profession of the inward action ..

Last edited:
in the case of children, those without understanding of acting sinfully/rebellious are without sin ..

Jhn 9:41
Jesus said to them, “If you were blind, you would have no sin; but since you say, ‘We see,' your sin remains.

here it is in plain English ..
Jesus said to them, “If you were without understanding, you would have no sin; but since you say, ‘We understand,' your sin remains.

Last edited:
this again, it's faith and works, faith without works is DEAD
if you have faith you will have works
if you claim faith but have no works, something is VERY WRONG with your supposed faith

and by works I don't mean miracles, I mean feeding the poor, comforting the sick, etc.

There is a work that God works in a man; and there are works that man performs, because of the Spirit that abides in him.
"For God so loved the world that He gave...". Even so , if a man receives the love of God, he cannot help but love those whom God has created...especially those who have been conceived by/through His Word. "...everyone that loves Him that begat loves him also that is begottten of Him."
Beloved Brethren, walk in His love.

Nothing wrong with a Pastor making a great living off Tithes and offerings. As it is written, don't muzzle the ox.
Jesus said ask that your Joy may be full. You have not because you ask not............
We are to judge right those given to us and within ourselves. Paul said that.
Babies in the Lord, Children are under rulers and instructors. Pastors are over their sheep.

Fix that and I can agree. If you need scriptures, I'll give a bunch.

Hi Michael, I'd like to clarify what I said in this post regarding tithing and living from church offerings. That is also a personal preference. I do not seek to judge or criticise those who do this, goodness me no. In fact, my own father was a church minister and we lived in a house that belonged to the church and he was paid a salary which he worked hard for. If I have a criticism it is of those, like the pastor of that Mega Church in Korea, who seek after gold and teach prosperity, whilst the whole time they are the main ones that prosper....

On a personal note, I would also like to say that I would feel embarassed to receive money from other Christians who I regard to be my brothers and sisters, my equals. For example, my husband and I recently travelled to Bolivia on a mission trip, sharing the Good News through music and street preaching, and people would sometimes come up to us and give us money, and many assumed that they would have to pay for the little flyers we gave out with a Christian message. Unfortunately, many street preachers and “bus evangelists” do ask for a collection each time they go out, meaning that they are generally regarded as beggars, something that makes me very sad.

I know that there are Biblical arguments that support doing a full time ministry whilst supported by Christian offerings. However, there is also a solid, Biblical precedent for those who choose not to. For example, the Apostle Paul himself, who wrote:

Don’t you know that those who serve in the temple get their food from the temple, and that those who serve at the altar share in what is offered on the altar? In the same way, the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel.

But I have not used any of these rights. And I am not writing this in the hope that you will do such things for me, for I would rather die than allow anyone to deprive me of this boast. For when I preach the gospel, I cannot boast, since I am compelled to preach. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel! If I preach voluntarily, I have a reward; if not voluntarily, I am simply discharging the trust committed to me. What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge,and so not make full use of my rights as a preacher of the gospel.” (1 Corinthians 9:13-18)

Many of those who justify their right to live from the Gospel stop quoting after verse 14. But we can see that for Paul it was a great joy for him to forego this right and preach “free of charge”.

Whilst we were preaching in Bolivia we met a number of people who were earnestly seeking after God, but had become disillusioned and disappointed by churches and church leaders where they could only see a love of money. Imagine, if we had preached to them and then asked for an offering! Or, if we had invited them to our Bible study and then passed around a hat for donations! And yet, this is sadly what happens ALL THE TIME. Many churches ask for “love offerings” from those who are still seeking and many evangelists ask for donations after they have preached to people.

It was a source of great joy and thankfulness to us that we were able to travel to Bolivia and continue working to earn money in order to finance our trip and make the whole thing possible. Shortly before we set out there for the first time I applied for an online teaching position and got it, meaning that we have the freedom to travel wherever there is a good internet connection and continue to spread the Good News. God enabled it. God has provided, and we are overwhelmingly grateful. To HIM be the glory! We don't earn much but it's enough to live on, and we feel called to live this way for this season.

It was a source of great joy and thankfulness to us that we were able to travel to Bolivia and continue working to earn money in order to finance our trip and make the whole thing possible. Shortly before we set out there for the first time I applied for an online teaching position and got it, meaning that we have the freedom to travel wherever there is a good internet connection and continue to spread the Good News. God enabled it. God has provided, and we are overwhelmingly grateful. To HIM be the glory! We don't earn much but it's enough to live on, and we feel called to live this way for this season.

Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only. For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity. Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account.
(Php 4:15-17)

1Co 9:11
If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?

I am embarrassed also when I see Ministers pulling for money. Paul wanted the people to give not because he wanted their stuff, but He wanted them to enter into the blessing.

Giving to the Gospel and the things of God brings great blessings for the giver. If I preach somewhere, I would never ask to take an offering or even mention it. I would not go unless I could pray for it. Now If God wants me there, he makes a way to get there, and I expect God to bless with with money for doing what He said do.

God is my source, and if I don't have enough to go, then I missed God or need to get something corrected.

God's seed should never be caught begging bread as a minister of the Word.

Be blessed and keep that powerful witness. God supply's all our needs.

Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only. For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity. Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account.
(Php 4:15-17)
1Co 9:11 If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?
I am embarrassed also when I see Ministers pulling for money. Paul wanted the people to give not because he wanted their stuff, but He wanted them to enter into the blessing.
Giving to the Gospel and the things of God brings great blessings for the giver. If I preach somewhere, I would never ask to take an offering or even mention it. I would not go unless I could pray for it. Now If God wants me there, he makes a way to get there, and I expect God to bless with with money for doing what He said do.
God is my source, and if I don't have enough to go, then I missed God or need to get something corrected.
God's seed should never be caught begging bread as a minister of the Word.
Be blessed and keep that powerful witness. God supply's all our needs.

There is nothing wrong with tithing, offerring, or asking for tithes or offerrings. When a believer gives, it should be unto the Lord that he gives: and he sows to the Spirit. Otherwise one would be sowing to the flesh.
Now to them that are making a merchandise of the believers, and teaching them to do likewise, it is to the flesh that they are receiving and they have their reward; whereas as those who give likewise, to the flesh do they sow.

I love God over all things and I desire to serve him with all my heart, “in Spirit and in truth” ().

I want to preach the Gospel as Jesus commanded us to ()

I want to proclaim “the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Messiah” (, , ) as the only solution to humanity’s problems.

I want to be part of a brotherhood in which we are all equal, like in early Christianity.

Obeying the Bible as our authority and not “teaching for doctrines the commandments of men” ()

Serving God and neighbour with sincere love and not hypocrisy or selfish ambition.

Not making money from the Word of God nor living off tithes and offerings.

Doing good, consoling others with the Word and giving to poor as our Lord did.

Not asking for anything, but giving generously.

Not judging, but consoling.

Not ordering others about, but encouraging them in love.

Not tearing down, but building up.

No more religion!!! Christ is “the Way, the Truth and the Life” (), only He can lead us to the Father and only His sacrifice can make the forgiveness of sins possible.

Religion is guilty of inciting people to kill and hate each other ().

Religion is the lair of false prophets and charlatans ()

Religion is like a shop that sells salvation, but without a guarantee.

Religion enjoys “excessive luxuries” (), making a profit from the faithful. It proclaims itself to be “the house of God and the gate to heaven”, “Noah’s ark”, the way to salvation. However, her corruption is self-evident and we know that “God has remembered her crimes”. This is why the Bible warns us to “Come out of her, my people,’ so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues;for her sins are piled up to heaven, and God has remembered her crimes”. ()

If you share my thoughts or some of them, please write to:
May the grace of God the Father, the love of Jesus Christ and the guidance of the Holy Spirit illuminate and guide us!

http://faithandencouragement.wordpress.com/
I am definitely with you on this!! I do not believer nor do I follow religion. Was raised catholic, but once I got old enough to question I figured that religion is nothing but men made and it became a job. Jesus never charged for people to listen to him preach. People turned teaching the word into something disgusting, money making scheme. It's so wrong that's why I barely go to church. I only go when I get that nudge.

Romans 10:9-10 (KJV) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Romans 10:13 (KJV) For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

All the Bible is about Jesus.

There is nothing wrong with tithing, offerring, or asking for tithes or offerrings. When a believer gives, it should be unto the Lord that he gives: and he sows to the Spirit. Otherwise one would be sowing to the flesh.
Now to them that are making a merchandise of the believers, and teaching them to do likewise, it is to the flesh that they are receiving and they have their reward; whereas as those who give likewise, to the flesh do they sow.

That is why I don't get upset when these preachers pull for money, take believers money. I also look at how long and healthy a minister has been.

God is not mocked, you must reap what you have sown. If you sown wrongly out of deception, you will reap destruction. The curse causeless shall not come. Sickness and money issues are the first things hit, then death. The curse was designed to kill.

It's the clueless that do not know God, nor understand laws of the Spirit. God is not slack as some count slackness, but a minister is judged and will fall. I can name several.

Kenneth Copeland, 77 years old, still fly's his jet plane and missed one set of meetings for disobeying God. He did not do something the Lord asked him to do in one of his departments, fell short of paying the TV bills, and one of his disk in his back was found to be missing. He was told he was done.
Just that one little thing, He set aside and did not do. The ignorant mock him, not knowing God does judge, and is not slack, nor can a man escape what he has sown.

Kenneth said, I confessed healing, I believed but it got to the point I could not hardly walk. It's then I sought God, to know how the enemy got a place. The Lord revealed to me where I ignored him and did not do what he said do. I got it right real quick and learned a lesson. 40 years and only one missed set of meetings to Australia.

We all have our reward, lets make sure it's all good.

;

Back