Sensus plenior

Ah, and that's why He wept, because He saw the signs and knew .

Well .. it seems God taught me to think on multiple parallels at once for a reason .. i'm gonna have to create a glossary first .. and then continue from there .

I used to have this idea that the seven candlesticks were on earth .. and the seven stars were in heaven . and when they both lit up together and lined up in our spirit .. something happened .. i applied .. but cannot remember for the life of me what happened .. i just remember being repaired inside in some profound way . memory is a tricky thing .

Actually what you're talking about in this Higher Meaning study .. reminds me of my own search to find what i called "the anatomy of scripture" what you have shared so far has been very helpful, thank you :)

Actually what you're talking about in this Higher Meaning study .. reminds me of my own search to find what i called "the anatomy of scripture" what you have shared so far has been very helpful, thank you :)

Anatomy is a good metaphor. The threads of the tapestry are the life blood and sinews of the living scripture. No thanks are required. It is a joy to be able to share without having to draw out in tedious details the justification for everything, like drawing a picture to explain a joke.

I have generally stayed away from Revelation since it is the least understood book, yet people tend to be most protective of their personal interpretation of it. I have people who have known me for years who cut me off for showing Christ in Rev 17. They accuse me of calling Christ the beast. This is a gross misunderstanding. If there are four layers, and the priest always speaks of Christ, then of course even the narrative of the beast speaks of Christ in the voice of the Priest. But there are three other voices, one of which is literal. The problem is that Revelation appears to be the Rosetta stone of the Bible. The sensus plenior is what is 'in your face' as the supposed literal, and the literal historical is hidden. Much of it is a recapitulation of the same theme found everywhere else, and so turns out to be key to understanding the other riddles.

Here is a paraphrase of teh first few verses of Revelation.

1.1 The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave to Jesus, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass, and he made it known by his messenger (Peter) unto his servant John.

2. Who bore record of The Word of God (Christ), and of the testimony of Christ, and all things that he saw.

3 Blessed is he that understands (sees), and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

4. " Jehovah is a gracious giver" to the whole church which is in the fire or which is in the wife. Grace unto you, and peace, from him which is , and which was, and which is to come, and from the fullness of the Spirit which is before his throne.

5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the judge, and the first born of the dead, and the King of the kings of the earth.

Unto Christ that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, 6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen

7 Behold, he cometh with <the church>; and every eye shall see him, and <the church>: and all earthly kindreds shall <be cut off> because of him. Even so, Amen.

8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

10. I was in the spirit on the Lord's day and heard the familiar voice in the things that had passed, as a proclamation.

11. Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou understand, write in a book, and thrust it into all the assembly which is in the fire and the bride; unto "permitted" (Ephesus), and unto Myrrh (Smyrna), and unto height (Pergamos), and unto odor of affliction (Thyatira), and unto red ones (Sardis), and unto brotherly love (Philadelphia), and unto justice of the people (Laodicea).

12 I changed my thinking to understand the voice that spoke to me. And having changed my thinking, I understood the fullness of the divine testimony.

i'm gonna have to create a glossary first

I have a wiki that I am making as a reference. Perhaps as you make the glossary you would like to add it there. The project is to parse out the sensus plenior for every verse. I use wiki links so that you can follow the transformation from the original, to the riddle, to the paraphrase.

I am afraid to give you the link because I enjoy chatting with you so much, I am afraid you will go off and read, and forget to talk with me about it ;-)

The wiki is non-commercial and no copyrights are asserted. It is just the natural way to make a reference of it all.

http://wiki.sensusplenior.net

I guess i can see why you're so reserved about revelation then . but since i come to similar conclusions in typology .. it is no worry . Since it is prophecy .. it should point to Christ . that's the point . so i see nothing harmful from a godliness perspective in what you're proposing to set out and do . also .. looking at the wiki . should be some fun reading material . bookmarked it . but i enjoy these conversations too . especially not having to justify myself every two seconds . a pleasant discussion about deep stuff is a nice change of pace .

Back