Searching the Scriptures for ( GOD'S WILL )

Water does not save .
When God commands anything ,He requires that command to be carried out .
Baptism is a command .
Baptism is to remove our sins, by being buried with Christ ,as in His death and being raised a new creature ,without sins , born again .
When we are buried with Christ ,we are baptized into Christ ,
Is assembling with the saints a command or a suggestion ?
Is not committing adulty a command or just a suggestion ?
Etc. Etc. Etc.
Some of the posters believe that they can't lose their home in Heaven , I pray that they do not disobey God's commands .
Without obeying God's commands we will not receive God's Grace ,it will not matter how many times The Lord ,Lord is called upon .
Gal. 1:6-8............
"I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed."

Gal. 1:6-8............
"I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed."

I believe that about says it all concerning one who would come here to ply us with error and to sow doubt. Thank you.

The Op
I really do wish I could figure out what you are trying to say!!!

Every thing just runs together and you go from one thought to another and never come to grips with the premise of the conversation............IMO.

I do know this however. You said: "It takes more than the scriptures alone to know the will of God

Romans 10:17 says........
"Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God".

Psalms 119:9-11..............
"How can a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed according to Your word.
With my whole heart I have sought You; Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!
Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You."
was on the face of it nothing to do with baptism.though I think that was the original intention.
It does God honour when people ask straightforward and honest questions.
Any crooked or dishonest questions do more the work of the devil than of God.
Actually you will find that I present an 'argument' a poor following maybe of Paul method (see Romans and hebrews) I would grant you. But a sequential thought and argument that is not only speaking to the person I am replying to but to any who may also read it.In that regard what you may need is not what another may.Faith in God comes not just by hearing the Word of God,for if it did all would be saved every ti email the gospel is preached.
so it is not just the hearing that is needed with the ears.but the uderstanding also.
what says the scriptures? With all thy getting, get understanding.
Yes ,I did say it takes more than the scriptures to know ow the will of God.But was that all I said?Did I not then go onto say what else is needed?
How is it then you quote the scriptures which apear to justify you. But do not then quote the scriptures that I gave to justify what I said?

I did not then go off at a tangent. I simply did not conform to your thinking and quoted scripture you had perhaps never considered before.
I stand then by what I said.
Not that I deny the scriptures but that those self same scriptures teach how a man may "know and prove what is the will of God"
In Christ
Gerald

Yawn.
I said no such thing, and in fact I was baptised forty years ago as an adult.
I am merely opposing the the forcefully presented false doctrine that baptism is necessary for salvation.
Just for clarification when I used the term 'you' I was speaking as in an argument. I was not telling you personally what to do as I had no idea when I wrote it if you had bee baptised or not.
In christ
Gerald

I just ran across a great example of taking one or two verses and making more of it than what is there.
Romans 8:24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

What????? I have been always taught that we are saved by grace thru faith. (Tongue firmly planted in cheek!)
You must take into account all other scripture on whatever issue you are making a determination about, while being lead by the Spirit. One or two verses does not make it so.
Just like this verse, the Holy Spirit is conveying a thought to a believer who should know what really saves them, and how hope is an element to the faith of the believer. Keep letting the truth of the Word sink in to realize meaning and understanding.

Back