Searching the Scriptures for ( GOD'S WILL )

I believe that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God and that He allowed Himself to be crucified, died and shed His blood to pay for my sins and have repented and asked Him to forgive me of my sins .
I abstain from meat offered to idols,fornication ,things strangled ,and blood as Acts 15:20 says.
Siloam
Posted To accepting His blood sacrifice as payment for my sins and the Holy Spirit can teach me what I need.
John P.
Posted When I was a Christian who did not read the bible.
Abdicate
Posted Philippines 2:12 To work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Fish Catcher Jim
Posted Commandments such love and forgive and walk by faith and so forth.

Thanks for your posts. I see from them that I am not required to read or assemble in order for me to stay a Christian, that the Holy Spirit will teach/guide me in the way I need to go.

Blessed be God the Creator, Jesus the Messiah and the Holy Spirit !!!

The Holy Spirit will teach you but you need to get the word in you. The Holy spirit is NOT going to do this for !! Faith comes by hearing and hearing of the word.

Please have patience with me as I am trying to understand what I am required to be a Christian .
The posts say that all I need to do is believe ,repent and ask for forgiveness. I have heard the word and have faith.
My original question was if I am required to search the scriptures , the overwhelming posts are no but I can't grow without reading the word ( very very confusing )
The next question asked about assembling . The overwhelming posts is that it not required .Then I am quoted not to neglect ( to fall to do something ) the assembling of the saints ,again ( very very confusing ).
I have Faith why do I need more Faith ,and if neglect is ( failing to to do something ) then it must be a requirement and not just a suggestion .
Did the Holy Spirit mean to say TRY NOT TO neglect the assembling of the saints .

Of course we must get into the word, and daily is good! Getting the truth of the word into our hearts changes us, and it comes up in our thoughts and in our mouths when we need it.

Assembling together is extremely important---so much so, that we are told NOT to neglect doing it.

We who know Jesus have faith, but we need to learn the word and learn how to apply it to our lives, so that our faith blooms and becomes strong and deeply rooted.

Holy Spirit says do not forsake the assembling of ourselves together. Apart from people who live in extremely remote areas, or are invalids, or have life circumstances that warrant that they cannot make church meetings, we are to make sure we become a vital part of the local church. After all, why did Jesus appoint the apostles to establish the local church? There are vital reasons for us to be plugged in---fellowship is only one.

Here is a teaching I put together you may find helpful:
http://www.christianforumsite.com/threads/why-do-we-need-the-local-church.42666/

Am I required to search the scriptures as those in Berea did to find out the truth or to put it another way the WILL of GOD ?

Are we required to assemble ?
If so,what scripture verses tell me when to assemble and how often ?

Does GOD have any rules / commandments that I MUST do/ follow ?

Another question would be......Do YOU think YOU should do those things?????

Please have patience with me as I am trying to understand what I am required to be a Christian .
The posts say that all I need to do is believe ,repent and ask for forgiveness. I have heard the word and have faith.
My original question was if I am required to search the scriptures , the overwhelming posts are no but I can't grow without reading the word ( very very confusing )
The next question asked about assembling . The overwhelming posts is that it not required .Then I am quoted not to neglect ( to fall to do something ) the assembling of the saints ,again ( very very confusing ).
I have Faith why do I need more Faith ,and if neglect is ( failing to to do something ) then it must be a requirement and not just a suggestion .
Did the Holy Spirit mean to say TRY NOT TO neglect the assembling of the saints .
What people are trying to say is well summarized by Paul

1 Corinthians 10:23 (NIV) "Everything is permissible"--but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible"--but not everything is constructive.

Will anyone on this thread explain what 2Timothy2:15 ,Deut.4:2 and Rev. 22:19 is saying to anyone who wants to know the truth.

Please read all of the scriptures that parallel or have the same thought .

I want to know if God wants us to interpret His word to fit our beliefs or did the Holy Spirit have the words that written that God wanted written .

Will anyone on this thread explain what 2Timothy2:15 ,Deut.4:2 and Rev. 22:19 is saying to anyone who wants to know the truth.

I want to know if God wants us to interpret His word to fit our beliefs or did the Holy Spirit have the words that written that God wanted written .
Let me ask you this question- Why would God who has a plan for each life ever born and has a set way to live this life ever leave the understanding of His word to our beliefs ?

2 Timothy 2:15.....
"Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

"STUDY"!!! The one who does the "study"----work here is one who is handling the Word of God and thus the conclusion of studying. It takes diligent study of the Word of God to rightly divide it.

ALL of the Word of God is true. There are no contradictions when it is properly laid out. You cannot add to nether take away from it.

Deut.4:2...........
"You shall not add to the word which I command you, nor take from it, that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you."

It seems to me that what it says is very easy to understand. Some will argue that it only applies to the book of Deuteronomy.
Some will argue that it means only the Law which was included in the book of Deut.
Others (Me) will say that it includes the "WORD" which is the original Hebrew meaning. The Word of God is the complete Bible we now have.

Rev. 22:19..........
"And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the Book of Life and out of the Holy City, and from the things which are written in this book".

IMO this warning is concerning the WHOLE Bible.

Deut. 12:32..........
"Whatever I command you, be careful to observe it; you shall not add to it nor take away from it."

Let me ask you this question- Why would God who has a plan for each life ever born and has a set way to live this life ever leave the understanding of His word to our beliefs ?
This is an excellent question .
If what you posted is true ,then why would we have to study God's word or assemble with like believers ?
If God has a plan for each life ever born and has a set way to live this life ,there is no way that we can change what God has already planned and set .
If what you posted is true ,God has already decided if I will go to heaven or spend eternal torment in hell .

If what you posted is true ,then why would we have to study God's word or assemble with like believers ?
If God has a plan for each life ever born and has a set way to live this life ,there is no way that we can change what God has already planned and set .
If what you posted is true ,God has already decided if I will go to heaven or spend eternal torment in hell .

Our eternal destiny is not the be all and end all of our spiritual journey. God wants to raise us up as soldiers in His army, because we live on a battlefield. Our role is to stand tall, wear our armour, and brandish the sword of God---the word--cutting down the enemy coming at us left, right and center, and casting out the enemy's lies and cleverly crafted arguments! We cannot do that if we remain ignorant of all that God says. Our goal, other than just making it to heaven in the end, is to present offspring to God, by being fruitful members of His forever family! Those we influence for Christ become our fruit, our spiritual children! That is what God raises us up for!

Our eternal destiny is not the be all and end all of our spiritual journey. God wants to raise us up as soldiers in His army, because we live on a battlefield. Our role is to stand tall, wear our armour, and brandish the sword of God---the word--cutting down the enemy coming at us left, right and center, and casting out the enemy's lies and cleverly crafted arguments! We cannot do that if we remain ignorant of all that God says. Our goal, other than just making it to heaven in the end, is to present offspring to God, by being fruitful members of His forever family! Those we influence for Christ become our fruit, our spiritual children! That is what God raises us up for!
Please explain .
God either has a plan and is set for our lives or He requires us to study His Holy Scriptures as the Bereans ,to find out what His will / commandments / requirements are.Otherwise there is no way to that we can over turn God's plan and set lifes ,for us .

Please explain .
God either has a plan and is set for our lives or He requires us to study His Holy Scriptures as the Bereans ,to find out what His will / commandments / requirements are.Otherwise there is no way to that we can over turn God's plan and set lifes ,for us .

I don't get your question, Truth. Can you elaborate?

God does have a wonderful plan for everyone's life, but we can hinder it, and of course those who refuse Jesus completely block it.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I don't get your question, Truth. Can you elaborate?

God does have a wonderful plan for everyone's life, but we can hinder it, and of course those who refuse Jesus completely block it.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
It is not a question, it is a statement .
You want to say that God controls a life .
You also say that we can do things ( works ) that would change God's plans for a life .
God either controls a life or not.
Question - do we have a free will to obey God's will / commandments / requirements or not ?

You also say that we can do things ( works ) that would change God's plans for a life .
Question - do we have a free will to obey God's will / commandments / requirements or not ?
-Yes we have free will or else we could not sin.
-Yes God has a plan for each of us, but we must accept Jesus as our Savior and begin the journey of following the plan. Yes we stray off course and have to realize we have gotten too far away from God and must repent to get back on track. Staying in God's Word (Bible) helps us to stay on the plan He has for us.
-After we are saved, the seed of faith is planted. It is up to us to allow God to work in and thru us to grow that seed.
-The only major requirement/commandment after saved is to love. John 15:12 ; John 13:34 ; Matthew 22:37-40
-Reading the Bible is not required, but it is good for you. Just as eating your vegetables is good for your body, but you can survive without them. Each person is different. One may be more likely to judge and condemn other people's motives and actions. So they need the scriptures which deal with that. Another person may be more likely to commit adultery, so they need to study the scriptures dealing with that. We all have many issues to deal with, and the Bible is the Christian's guide to life and our reason for existing.

Hello Truth,
Noo, nooooo nooooo it dont work like that !! LOL ; )
Actually God does have a plan above and beyond His will for every person born of a woman.
Ok this mean we aint getten out of this one for we have been born through a woman. lol

Now it is up to us to draw near or close to God and seek Him and His ways. As we begin to learn to walk as He has set forth for all of us to walk He will begin to work in you His plan for your life. many people feel they know and just do things which may or may not be bad in them selves but never the less we will still be judged by the plan He had for us.

I heard it once said like this.......Think of it this way....God has a big cut out of you and it shows what you should be if you followed His plan for your life. It does not matter if we fulfilled His plan or not we will still have to stand in front of the cut out and see how we measure up to the cut out of who we should be. This is just an example..........

There are people preaching that God called to sell shoes and preachers selling shoes because people do not seek God in all of this. If I have not totally confused yet I will say this.

Once we find out where we are to be and what wee are to be doing, oh it is ourt happy place and our blessings and grace and power and so forth is there. Let me know if this makes sense? I crashed after eating and I still feel groggy. rofl
Blessings
Jim

God wants us to allow Him control. Yes, we can hinder God's will for us by our poor choices. God cannot control a life that doesn't relent or submit to His ways. God has blessed each of us with our own sovereign will, so that we will choose to follow Him through faith in His Son, Jesus, or choose to follow our own ways.

-Yes we have free will or else we could not sin.
-Yes God has a plan for each of us, but we must accept Jesus as our Savior and begin the journey of following the plan. Yes we stray off course and have to realize we have gotten too far away from God and must repent to get back on track. Staying in God's Word (Bible) helps us to stay on the plan He has for us.
-After we are saved, the seed of faith is planted. It is up to us to allow God to work in and thru us to grow that seed.
-The only major requirement/commandment after saved is to love. John 15:12 ; John 13:34 ; Matthew 22:37-40
-Reading the Bible is not required, but it is good for you. Just as eating your vegetables is good for your body, but you can survive without them. Each person is different. One may be more likely to judge and condemn other people's motives and actions. So they need the scriptures which deal with that. Another person may be more likely to commit adultery, so they need to study the scriptures dealing with that. We all have many issues to deal with, and the Bible is the Christian's guide to life and our reason for existing.

Greetings BM,
You said reading the bible is not required but is good for you as in eating your veggies. ; )
I shall give you a half like for that one. ( LOL ) it is vital for us to eat of His word.

We are told over and over to NOT allow this book or His word to depart from our eyes or mouth. This tells us we need to constantly keep His word before our eyes which would be reading it and speaking His word through prayer and simply saying what GOD SAYS ABOUT EVERY SITUATION we are in.

You can not survive on a memory of last weeks meal............you must feed or eat a meal to survive or to stay strong......it is the very same way with His wrtitten word. We can not walk in victory or stand strong on last weeks revelation or reading of His word.

Now off the record.........every time I see your name I go right back to up state new york for there was an awesome fishermen, charter boat Captain and so forth who had been bitten with thy ol Musky feaver named Big Moose.
Thank YOU for the awesome memories Brother. ; )
Blessings
Jim

"Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

"STUDY"!!! The one who does the "study"----work here is one who is handling the Word of God and thus the conclusion of studying. It takes diligent study of the Word of God to rightly divide it.

ALL of the Word of God is true. There are no contradictions when it is properly laid out. You cannot add to nether take away from it.

Deut.4:2...........
"You shall not add to the word which I command you, nor take from it, that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you."

It seems to me that what it says is very easy to understand. Some will argue that it only applies to the book of Deuteronomy.
Some will argue that it means only the Law which was included in the book of Deut.
Others (Me) will say that it includes the "WORD" which is the original Hebrew meaning. The Word of God is the complete Bible we now have.

"And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the Book of Life and out of the Holy City, and from the things which are written in this book".

IMO this warning is concerning the WHOLE Bible.

"Whatever I command you, be careful to observe it; you shall not add to it nor take away from it."
Thanks and mayGod bless you for your post.
Please read the Whole Post, Thanks.
As humans we do not want to do God's will/ commandments/ requirements.
We only want to hear what we want to hear ( ).
The Holy Scriptures are set in order as God intended.

The Holy Spirit did NOT put in words that are not the will/ commandments/ requirements of God.
To say that anything that God (wills/ commands/requires) is works is an abomination.

Verily means truly certainly ( not maybe )
Forsake means abandon,desert ( not just leave)
Neglect means to fail disregard ignore ( not just overlook )
Baptism means emersion ( not sprinkling )
Remission means forgiveness ( not may remember)
Wash away means remove, cleanse ( not leave on )
Matthew, Mark ,Luke and John ( The Gospels ,the Good News ) reveals the birth of our Savior ( Christ) .
John the baptist ( emersion ) preparing the way , by The Holy Spirit stating that Baptism is for the remission of sins.
Christ choosing His apostles,Christ training His apostles and proving Himself to be the Messiah with signs ,wonders and miracles.
Christ the only begotten son of God ,being the Perfect Sacrifice was crucified and after fulfilling all prophecy of His life Died and shed His Blood ( ) for our sins and Christ after being sacrificed for our sins was raised from the dead to become the Head of His Kingdom.

Acts -the acts of conversation ( the requirements by God ) to be SAVED, be the recipients of the Grace of God.
NOTE that all who believed were baptized.
Paul ( also none as Saul ) was baptized the same hour, even though he had not eaten or drank for 3 (three ) days and he was a chosen by The Savior to be a special apostle.

Romans through Revelations are written to churches ( beleivers/saints / people ) who have already obeyed the (will /commands ) which are not works but are ( requirements ) of God that He says that we must do to be eligible to receive His Grace ( the ability to enter Heaven even though we do not deserve His Grace )

All Scriptures are given by The Holy Spirit, they were written by different people ,But The Holy Spirit is the author and chose every word, each word means what The Holy Spirit intended it to mean.

Searching the Scriptures is applying what Matthew wrote to what Mark wrote and that to what Luck and John wrote to find the whole Truth(,for instance ) Peter cut of the right ear of Malcus ,who is a relative and a servant of the High Priest and was the last person to ask Peter ( before the cock crowd ) if he was with Jesus.

Is it possible for anyone today to tell a mountain to move or a tree to be planned in the sea. Jesus was speaking to His apostles . When the Scriptures written to the apostles are applied to us today it is NOT RIGHTLY DIVIDING the word of Truth.
The Holy Spirit spells out the requirement for Salvation but WE only want to do what WE want to do.
This will be my last post on this thread .
I pray that all who read this thread will TRULY SEARCH THE SCRIPTURES FOR THE TRUE WILL OF GOD !!!!!!!!

Back