1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Sports, Games and Health' started by Mark_18, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Seafood

I don't know how big of a seafood guy I am, but I like my fish'n'chips, tuna...

I'm starting to incorporate a lot of fish in my diet. Look at the nutrition facts on COD. Quite nice besides the cholesterol. You need to go elsewhere for your carbs and stuff of course, but look at the high quality protien.

As for the cholesterol just eat Cheerios right? lol.

Nutrition Facts and Information for Fish, cod, Atlantic, cooked, dry heat

Mmmm breaded COD dipped in a mayo and relish dip. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Any sushi lovers?
  2. I looove Salmon and in Maui they serve a simliar but better kind.. called Ahe.
  3. Tuna and salmon.

Oh! On cheat days, I like Skipper's fish & chips.

Homer looking at fish swimming around: Mmmm, unprocessed fish sticks!:D
  4. Ahi is technically tuna, not salmon...... but all are yummy, so doesn't really matter. :p

I like all seafood. I eat salmon all the time. Normally about once a week or more, but haven't been able to get it where I now moved to. I like all kinds of fish and shellfish. Probably my least favorite fish is Tilapia. Unfortunately it is in great supply in every supermarket around here. Mark, I like sushi. I used to go buy it all the time before I moved. (Note to self: one disadvantage to moving out in the middle of nowhere is the lack of seafood.)
  5. Man your in Texas, you can carry :D lol. Now that's better than seafood any day.

I heard there's less gun crime there because there are so many guns. Like you'd wanna rob a bank when you'd have everyone in the neighborhood drawing their guns on you...

I tried sushi a few times. Didn't mind it, but it's kinda funny tasting and I was eating it more as health food than because I enjoyed it. So I don't anymore.
  6. If we go back to Scripture as found in John 21:1-12 (NLT), there have been studies done as to the type of fish that was caught that day. The general thought is that the species was Tilapia.

We are also shown from Scripture in Matthew 17:27 (NLT) that certain species of Tilapia are sometimes called "St. Peter's fish". This term is taken from the account in the Bible about the apostle Peter catching a fish that carried a coin in its mouth. According to local Mid East tradition, the dark spots on the sides of the fish, a common pattern in many tilapiine cichlids, are the fingermarks of the Apostle, Peter.

A very good way to prepare Tilapia is to heat a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil in a pan along with finely chopped onions, peppers, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Place the Tilapia filets on the mix and turn after approximately 3-1/2 minutes. Cook the other side the same length of time covering both sides with the chopped components and spices. Serve the Tilapia over rice with a side of asparagus and a light cheese sauce for a yummy, Biblically inspired feast. :)