Scriptures For A Funeral?

We are saved by the "Person" of Christ who is equal to the Father and the Spirit in esseance.

Yeah It’s up to Katy-follower. Before replying again to that topic. But would like to answer the other question.

The bible tells that they are not the same in authority and power. They are not equal.

I Corinthians 11:3- But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

The head of Christ is God meaning God is higher than Christ.

But better if we ask the Son.
John 14:28- Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Very clear from the Son.

Now How can you say the Father, the Son and the Holy spirit are the same in authority and power?
You know the principle of the Gospel.

John 13:16 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.

Yeah It’s up to Katy-follower. Before replying again to that topic. But would like to answer the other question.

The bible tells that they are not the same in authority and power. They are not equal.

I Corinthians 11:3- But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

The head of Christ is God meaning God is higher than Christ.

But better if we ask the Son.
John 14:28- Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Very clear from the Son.

Now How can you say the Father, the Son and the Holy spirit are the same in authority and power?
You know the principle of the Gospel.

John 13:16 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.

Reanne.........You quote 1 Cort. 11:3 noting "the head of Christ is God".

It is important here to note that the correct concept of headship does not connote qualitative or essential diffenerce. It connotes a functional subordination. That is what is seen in the Trinity. The Father and the Son are co-equal yet the Son is answerable to the Father as seen in Jn 6:38-40, i Corth. 15:28 and Pilip. 2:6.

Then you quote John 14:28 .

"MY Father is greater than I"...............Theses words have to do with the Lords incarnation and humiliation.
Jesus was one with the Father in the beginning, co-equal with God, but when He spoke these words He was dwelling in a human body of flesh made like unto man while God the Father is an eternal Spirit. Jesus was and is equal to the Father as touching the Trinity, the Godhead, but He was inferior to God as touching His manhood.

Those who believe in the Trinity believe in the humanity of Christ as strongly as they do in His Divinity.

Jesus was very God but He was also very man. As God He is equal with God from eternity throughout eternity but as Man He was inferior to the Father.

So you can understand now I hope the difference.

Now lets deal with John 13:16 shall we................
"neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him".

This verse is not in referrance as to who is greater than the other so it actually does not help in your case to use it.
It is all about humility and humbelness. Jesus emphasizes the principle of service reminding His disciples that the servant is never greater than his master. Jesus had just humbled Himself by washing their feet.

Humility is one of the keys of Christianity.

Back