Scary Dream... (im afraid of coming true)

Nope. All caps means yelling. Exclamation marks evince emotion.

Extreme stress is the source of your dream and the fact that it has repeated.

It would help if you accepted the fact that you have a bad attitude toward God. My attitude is one of being certain that God is rich in love for you. You are blaming God for your trial, and that won't make the trial go away, but instead will increase the torment you are getting from it until you run to the source of hope and comfort---Jesus.

Most of us are trustworthy to speak the truth of God's word to you. If you don't want to hear it, you can scroll on by.

Run to Jesus and fall into His arms and He will draw near to you and bring you His perfect comfort. There is no need for any of us to fall into a panic because of a dream. Ask Him to help you shake it off---that's what you need to do with it.

Wants help and advice but when it is given it is rejected unless it makes them feel good.
You get back what you put into it.
Be not deceived - God will not be mocked - what soever a mans sows - so shall he reep.
Get it now ?

Hi Pancakes, I've had bad dreams of impending doom or the like. My suggestion is to put on the armor, Ephesians 6:12-17, before you go to bed. The helmet of salvation is for the protection of our minds.
I've also charged angels to surround my home, bed and protect and defend me during the night time.
The enemy wants to get you to fear.
Psalms 91:5 says, "You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,"
Say the 9 1st Psalm over yourself before going to bed.
Father, I ask that you protect Pancakes. Give her quiet rest and peace as she sleeps. I charge angels to surround her bed as she sleeps and defend her from any and all enemies. I ask you would shelter her mind, will and emotions. I thank you Father that she is your child and your love for her is endless. Father, I believe we receive the answer in Jesus Name.
Pancakes, may I ask you do something for me? Begin reading in the epistles and write down every time you see the words "in him." These passages you will find show who you are "in Christ." Primarily, your position in Christ.
I'll start you off with one, ok.
Ephesians 1:4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love,
Pancakes, God chose you before the world was even made. He chose you.
I will be praying for you.

Years ago, or maybe even just a year ago... I had the worst dream ... It was me commuting suicide...

I remember praying hard back then , for God to protect me and stop me from foing or saying anything that will bring this about..

And just now, I woke up from a dream with the same theme. Instead, it was my mom in my dream who dreamt I committed suicide...

These dreams are scaring me and I'm afraid of them coming true.... I wonder why God would allow this... I've had dreams where a friend of mine was abt to commit suicide but I prayed for her....

So why does it seem hopeless with me?

Why does God hate me?

I have no friends,no significant other, I'm not doing hot in school/college , I dont even go to church anymore BC of events that pushed me away...also BC I feel the closer I get to him the better chance these dreams may come true..

I'm scared. :-(
You are falling for the lies of the devil hook line and sinker. And its all to get you to pull away from God. Time to make some changes in your life and stop letting fear control you, stop the worldly attitudes, and ways of living. Seek God with all of you. And stop speaking the lies that God hates you, and blaming God for things that are not His fault. Many people who live in fear, the very thing that they fear comes to pass because they keep speaking it (it happened to my mom).

The things that are in your subconscous come through in your dreams. Also when the mind is not renewed and bubbling over with the Word of God, then when you dream the stuff you dream is from the devil. It is not God's fault.

Maybe I. Need T pray more, before when I was in the church and had a better relationship with God, I would have drams that signified something... Now I have a hard time decerning...
You are closing yourself off to the Spirit (and that is exactly what the devil wants, and you are playing right into his plan), and the more you do that....the less understanding and discernment you will have. And the more the devil will mess with you. I mean the devil tries to mess with strong believers every day, but if you don't know how to fight the good fight of faith and use your Godly weapons.....you won't be successful. I'll be praying for you!

I dont know.
It may be symbolic, after all Jesus says we must all die to ourselves like a grain of corn falling to the ground. Paul says he dies daily.

We have to put to death the old man and then allow the holy spirit to work in us to quicken us and raise us. Like lazarus?

God doesnt hate you. If you believe in His son, he has no reason to hate you.

Thoughts about suicide are never symbolic. God does not operate that way. He does not send bad stuff to make us draw closer to Him. Those thoughts are from the devil. He is the one that is all fear and death. Now a believer that has struggled with those thoughts can turn them around, but one has to have faith that God loves them and wants them to stick around. That they have a purpose. They have to choose to believe God's Word, and His promises....and they have to do the work of resisting the enemy. God can and will help us in many areas, but the mind is our responsibility. That is why Romans 12:2 says to renew the mind with the Word. And why in Joshua 1:8 it says to meditate day and night in the Word. And in Proverbs 4:20-21 it says to keep the Word of God before our eyes, in our ears and in our mouth. For they are life, and medicine to all our flesh (vs22)

2 Corinthians 10:5 says casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledg of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ (which also means the anointing). So in other words we have to not allow ourselves to think thoughts that are not true, or focused on the Bible (the only thing that can define truth). We have to make the choice to think only those thoughts that are pure, noble, lovely, of good report, etc....Philippians 4:8

Years ago, or maybe even just a year ago... I had the worst dream ... It was me commuting suicide...

I remember praying hard back then , for God to protect me and stop me from foing or saying anything that will bring this about..

And just now, I woke up from a dream with the same theme. Instead, it was my mom in my dream who dreamt I committed suicide...

These dreams are scaring me and I'm afraid of them coming true.... I wonder why God would allow this... I've had dreams where a friend of mine was abt to commit suicide but I prayed for her....

So why does it seem hopeless with me?

Why does God hate me?

I have no friends,no significant other, I'm not doing hot in school/college , I dont even go to church anymore BC of events that pushed me away...also BC I feel the closer I get to him the better chance these dreams may come true..

I'm scared. :-(
God does not hate you, He loves you more than than anyone else can or ever will. You truly need to believe, understand and settle that in your mind or you will never really trust Him when you are struggling and confused, and the enemy will have a field day with you.

Yes, God will save you and comfort you when you desperately cry out to Him when you can't do anything else. But, there comes a time when you will have to just start believing(really believing) His word. Our whole Christian walk and life is all about our faith in Jesus/God, without it we have nothing. God, wants us to mature to as Christians, and believe and act on what we believe. Please know that I am writing this out of experience and what God has been teaching me about it. I know some of what you are going through because I have been through some of the same(as you know).

What has been said about the enemy deceiving you is correct. Please please stop believing what he is saying and doing and start believing the truth instead, no matter what it looks like.

For example, i dreamed prince William visited me in his private jet outside my door. Somehow, I dont think thats gonna come true.

While prayer is as essential as breathing, you actually need to believe more. You're not accepting the gifts God has given you. Meditation on the word of God will set you free from all this garbage. 5 mins reading the word of God is not enough to overcome the bombardment of garbage ingested through the eyes and ears.

AND also adding to this that Brother Abdicate has said

Getting His word in you is required and Believing His word is required - HOWEVER - there is still a Requirement that is REQUIRED Greatly......This is Acting On His Word or another words doing what it says - living the way He has said to live in His word.

All the praying and believing will NOT do you a hill of beans good if you dont walk the walk. We can not expect God to come through for us when we are so full of self or another words always busy doing things OUR WAY and disregarding His ways.

NO one including myself is trying to be hard on any one. We have all been there before. Sugar coated pat me on the backs saying oh poor ol you is not going to help or change a thing. Truth will set you free. There comes a time in the natural realm and spiritual realm where we have to grow up and walk on our own. Another words - loose the training wheels and baby sitting. God is still there - however He expects us to stand on our two feet and do what He says.

It is simply a choice we all have to make. Yes Pancakes you are in our prayers but it is up to you to change how you operate in this world.
God Bless
Jim

How come when I "talk turkey" I get a load of backchat, and others can say what I have said and MORE and---nothing?

Well, pancakes...you've had a lot of great, honest and godly feedback. I pray that the simple truth of it all will reach your heart, and you will begin to walk the walk of faith in Jesus Christ, in right relationship with the Father who loves you more than you can comprehend.

Philippians 4:6-9
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. 9 Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.

For example, i dreamed prince William visited me in his private jet outside my door. Somehow, I dont think thats gonna come true.

Lol I understand not all, or most dreams have significance..its just when I was close to god the ones I did have had a Dee meaning to it..and a few came true.

I had a dream in my twenties where I was hooked up to an IV that was attached to an enema bucket full of...what's the nice word? Anyways, I was intaking a lot of bad stuff....so it was true. We can all self-destruct - some do it faster than others. Only you know what is in your life and what you can change to make it better. Maybe you are looking for where your will and God's will agree but that is not how it works. His will is all-knowing - past/present/future....yours is limited to you and your understanding of the right now. Yahweh loved you from the beginning of the universe. You've been given the right advice - pray and read His word while asking (always) for the Holy Spirit's help. This is done for your own understanding and comfort - not for His. I'm still praying for you and your household.

How close would you say you are now to God? Just spend some time with Him. He's always there. No matter what youve done. If you think you've done something awful, just confess it and ask Him to forgive you.

I'm not playing games with him...when I was in the church I tried T do my best... BC of a negative experience in the church, I fell off and fell away.
Pancakes I am not trying to judge or claim anything. I just remember all the other threads you made and things like I dont care what God wants I am getting what I want do play into being. You had this attitude about a spouse. I simply looked at the entirte picture and not one post or thread.
God Bless
Jim

Back