Satan, same-sex marriage, the family, and Christianity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is is possible that...
The medium of medial exchange in moderation without mediation can mildly self-moderate among moderators; thus we witness our modest and mild moderators connect upon a median of kindness where understanding meets midway in a non-mediocre way to respect the other?

This post reminds me of V for Vendetta (if you've seen the movie). Where V introduces himself:

"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V."

I picture you walking around, talking to everyone like this Great, ha.

Sorry if i sounded harsh or broke any rules, I thought that since this thread was about homosexuality, I could present my thoughts and experiences with you all (don't ask, but I've been through a lot, even though I am young).

Its scary how many people on my facebook are for it . Most of them dont even care about it I can tell they just wanna blend in with whatever is "in" and when Joshua fuernstein posted a video about how this is basically the beginning of the end and he doesnt agree with same sex marriage a good percentage of his "Christian" followers unfollowed him/ attacked him. Very disturbing,

The commute home was another story. At a few of the stops, a few people would hop on, gleefully celebratory looking forward to a fun night, talking about how awesome SCOTUS is, but with the occasional "Ha, those religious fanatics lost," or (what I actually heard) "I hope those f*&#^ing Jesus freaks would just die."

I shouldn't be surprised. This is what will happen naturally. It's going to lead to worse. After all of that, I decided it would be fitting to spend time with Our Lord, so I went to the national basilica and went to an evening Mass to worship. The priest gave a homily, mentioning what happened today reminded us that no matter what the culture says, marriage can never and will never be re-defined. Even if 99% of the culture decides that marriage is only defined as only being for same-sex couples, marriage is still holy institution created by God and will exist because of His victory.

After Mass, I got back on the metro and proceeded back home. When I stopped in downtown Silver Spring, I saw a church group (no idea who they were with precisely) holding up signs with rainbows. One sign read "Forgive us for our being judgmental. God loves everyone." ...This is bowing down to the world.

Amen! Next will be the polygamists and then what? Either way Christians will be on the chopping block - maybe literally. Plus the Pope said yesterday that divorce is ok sometimes, and today they signed a treaty with the "State" of Palestine! Oh, don't forget the terrorist attacks in 3 countries today... evil is growing in power, while He Who hinders begins to remove Himself. So and very soon we are going to see the King!

You know I think we Believers need to start taking God up on His word and join together united in Christ through Gods written word - AND - FOR EXAMPLE -
New International Version
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.New Living Translation
Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.English Standard Version
if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.New American Standard Bible
and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.King James Bible
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.Holman Christian Standard Bible
and My people who are called by My name humble themselves, pray and seek My face, and turn from their evil ways, then I will hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.International Standard Version
when my people humble themselves—the ones who are called by my name—and pray, seek me, and turn away from their evil practices, I myself will listen from heaven, I will pardon their sins, and I will restore their land.NET Bible
if my people, who belong to me, humble themselves, pray, seek to please me, and repudiate their sinful practices, then I will respond from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.GOD'S WORD® Translation
However, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves, pray, search for me, and turn from their evil ways, then I will hear [their prayer] from heaven, forgive their sins, and heal their country.Jubilee Bible 2000
if my people, upon whom my name is invoked, shall humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from the heavens and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.King James 2000 Bible
If my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.American King James Version
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.American Standard Version
if my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.Douay-Rheims Bible
And my people, upon whom my name is called, being converted, shall make supplication to me, and seek out my face, and do penance for their most wicked ways: then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sine and will heal their land. Darby Bible Translation
and my people, who are called by my name, humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from the heavens, and forgive their sin, and heal their land.English Revised Version
if my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.Webster's Bible Translation
If my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.World English Bible
if my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.Young's Literal Translation
and My people on whom My name is called be humbled, and pray, and seek My face, and turn back from their evil ways, then I -- I hear from the heavens, and forgive their sin, and heal their land.

IF I MISSED YOUR TRANSLATION - WELL SORRY -
So Brother Abdicate - do you believe if we could get our brethren together that God would change things ?
God Bless
Jim

This post reminds me of V for Vendetta (if you've seen the movie). Where V introduces himself:

"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V."
t
I picture you walking around, talking to everyone like this Great, ha.

I read your V quote to my wife with authority; I dont think I won her over with any new found favors.

However, I like it though, let us both, with the power that issues forth from the cross, employ its application in the realm of the spirit, where the violent taketh it by force, and where the Spirit above will waste to destruction every hideous imperious foe that emanates from hell.

I have to agree that is one avenue that the devil has used....but another way has been through people being hurt (abuse) by the opposite sex and then through unforgiveness and bitterness a distaste developes and then because the person chooses not to forgive...they open the door to other ungodly thoughts and actons. So even though we disagree with their lifestyle, make sure we pray that God will open the door of their hearts to His repentance. Because He does desire for all unbelievers to be saved.
Blessings

You know I think we Believers need to start taking God up on His word and join together united in Christ through Gods written word - AND - FOR EXAMPLE -
New International Version
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.New Living Translation
Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.English Standard Version
if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.New American Standard Bible
and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.King James Bible
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.Holman Christian Standard Bible
and My people who are called by My name humble themselves, pray and seek My face, and turn from their evil ways, then I will hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.International Standard Version
when my people humble themselves—the ones who are called by my name—and pray, seek me, and turn away from their evil practices, I myself will listen from heaven, I will pardon their sins, and I will restore their land.NET Bible
if my people, who belong to me, humble themselves, pray, seek to please me, and repudiate their sinful practices, then I will respond from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.GOD'S WORD® Translation
However, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves, pray, search for me, and turn from their evil ways, then I will hear [their prayer] from heaven, forgive their sins, and heal their country.Jubilee Bible 2000
if my people, upon whom my name is invoked, shall humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from the heavens and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.King James 2000 Bible
If my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.American King James Version
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.American Standard Version
if my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.Douay-Rheims Bible
And my people, upon whom my name is called, being converted, shall make supplication to me, and seek out my face, and do penance for their most wicked ways: then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sine and will heal their land. Darby Bible Translation
and my people, who are called by my name, humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from the heavens, and forgive their sin, and heal their land.English Revised Version
if my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.Webster's Bible Translation
If my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.World English Bible
if my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.Young's Literal Translation
and My people on whom My name is called be humbled, and pray, and seek My face, and turn back from their evil ways, then I -- I hear from the heavens, and forgive their sin, and heal their land.

IF I MISSED YOUR TRANSLATION - WELL SORRY -
So Brother Abdicate - do you believe if we could get our brethren together that God would change things ?
God Bless
Jim
I certainly do, but we all need to remove man's teachings and live in the Spirit to effect change because then it'll be His doing not ours. If we do not walk in the Spirit then it's man's work and nothing will change, but will only become the work of the devil and get much worse.

Today the Supreme Court ruled in favor of same-sex marriage. The world is rejoicing. I'm not surprised. One of Satan's nicknames is "the prince of this world." Friends of mine are posting pictures on facebook and twitter with harshtags like #Equality and #OneHeart and #LoveConquersAll.

There is still a disconnect that people have when it comes to marriage...it is still a uniquely sexual union, and this also means that sexuality is only a marital subject. Ask any regular schmoe off the street if marriage alone is a sexual union, first he'll say no. Then if you ask if marriage can only be a sexual union, he will then also most likely say no.

The final war between Satan and God is over the family. Why? Because the family is icon of the Holy Trinity. The communion of love between the three Divine Persons is the original family. This Divine communion is fruitful, that is, it brings forth life. It cannot help but do so. Life bursts forth from the love of the Holy Trinity. The family is the earthly image and icon of Trinitarian love. The communion of love between husband and wife is designed to be fruitful, to bring forth life.

Pray for the world and their salvation. Stay close to Our Lord. At some point as the world moves in this direction, choosing Christ or the World is going to look much more grim for Christians all over. Even if you don't die as a martyr, strive to live like one so that if you do die as one, you'll be prepared.
Thats terrible.

I think we should keep contending for the faith once delivered to the saints and shining our lights in a crooked and perverse nation.

When people come to a valley of decsion, ultimately it is their choice. They can choose life or choose death. As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

We know the end for those who dont. We can warn them, but if they refuse the promise of eternal life for pleasures of this world, we cant beat them, or join them,...we need to shake the dust off our feet and move on.

Reactions: Juk
I think one major concern is where Christianity will be held.
By no means would I ever want people who live with same-sex attraction to be treated as anything less than human. Not in a million years. However, Christians very likely will be treated as less than human.

A cardinal in the Archdiocese of Chicago wrote this not long ago: "I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square."

Even in society, there is a very bizarre treatment toward homosexuality as if it renders someone better, as if a free pass is deserved. I recently moved, but in my old neighborhood of Chinatown (which I still go past to and from work), there is well-known DC gang called the Check-It. They are a gay gang and run in large numbers. They have caused big disturbances, assaulted innocent people, robbed them, and are no less thugs than any other gang. However, they have been written about in local and national papers, overlooking their crimes and only reporting on how creative they are and how so many of them want to become designers and innovators in fashion. Even a documentary sympathetic to them came out this year. Meanwhile, the victims of their crimes aren't reported.

Have you considered that according to the prophet Daniel, the Anti-Christ '"may be" a homosexual?

Is is possible that...
The medium of medial exchange in moderation without mediation can mildly self-moderate among moderators; thus we witness our modest and mild moderators connect upon a median of kindness where understanding meets midway in a non-mediocre way to respect the other?

And after I read that......I need my Medication!

A thought on the subject of a sexual lifestyle that deviates from one man - one woman came to mind the other morning and it has to deal with a matter of consistency and rationality. Would it be fair, that if scientific data shows justification (for example, a predisposition to something) for a sexual lifestyle aside from one man - one woman and people use such data in their argument for the lifestyle, to ask them 'if their spouse, girlfriend, boyfriend, what-have-you, were to cheat on them, if they would get angry and break up with them'? After all, scientific data has also been interpreted to say humans go against their sexual nature to remain monogamous. In one instance, the scientific data is embraced and people encourage such behavior, in another, it most would likely condemn the behavior as wrong and it needs to be suppressed. What's my point? Can one argue in the instance of something being seemly natural and embrace it, while denying something else seemly natural and reject it/condemn it and be rational/consistent? Does my random thought even make sense?

Does science then replace the commands given from God to us on behaviour?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back