Satan Celebration At Harvard

So.........you don't know either huh chili???? LOL!
A quickie then drop it. God made all the colors of the rainbow. I cant remember the whole story but it was about free will and gay people.........I need to research this more before I stik my foot in my mouth hehehe

A quickie then drop it. God made all the colors of the rainbow. I cant remember the whole story but it was about free will and gay people.........I need to research this more before I stik my foot in my mouth hehehe
In Genesis 9: 8-17 the rainbow was a covenant from God, but I have a feeling that isn't what you're talking about.

I know this is going to sound bad, but does anyone have an bible verses on fighting against sin in others? I know it is right to fight back against sin in others, and to do it in a way that is righteous to God and not let anger cloud us and belittle us to become like the things we fight against, but I wish I had some Bible verses.

I know this is going to sound bad, but does anyone have an bible verses on fighting against sin in others? I know it is right to fight back against sin in others, and to do it in a way that is righteous to God and not let anger cloud us and belittle us to become like the things we fight against, but I wish I had some Bible verses.
Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. (Ephesians 6:11, 12 NLT)

Not sure if this is what you had in mind, but it's the first that came to mine.

Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. (Ephesians 6:11, 12 NLT)

Not sure if this is what you had in mind, but it's the first that came to mine.
that's a pretty good verse. The question came to my mind because I was thinking about the whole Harvard satan mass and even though it is canceled now, I was wondering if it would be right to fight against it, because God does have a plan behind everything, but then I remembered that God hates sin and and that our job as Christians is to spread the Gospel i.e. fighting against sin. Once I realized that I just wanted to have verses to re-confirm what I had thought.

As for sin or false teaching:

1 John 4:1
Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit. You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false prophets in the world.

2 Timothy 4:2
Preach the word of God. Be prepared, whether the time is favorable or not. Patiently correct, rebuke, and encourage your people with good teaching.

For the most part, these instructions are for us to heed and use within the local church. We must tread lightly on people who we have no spiritual authority over. However, we do right by God to counter error, and best done by using the word of God, our source and authority in all matters.

As for sin or false teaching:

1 John 4:1
Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit. You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false prophets in the world.

2 Timothy 4:2
Preach the word of God. Be prepared, whether the time is favorable or not. Patiently correct, rebuke, and encourage your people with good teaching.

For the most part, these instructions are for us to heed and use within the local church. We must tread lightly on people who we have no spiritual authority over. However, we do right by God to counter error, and best done by using the word of God, our source and authority in all matters.
I like the second verse a lot. How come it's only for us to use in our local church though?

I like the second verse a lot. How come it's only for us to use in our local church though?

I believe that God calls us to be an influence to those He places around us and who cross our particular paths. When we are walking closely with God and allowing Holy Spirit to lead us, relying on His wisdom, we will hopefully learn quickly about when and when not to hold our tongues. Speaking what the word of God has taught us about a matter is almost always appropriate, but having the constant intent to correct every error we are faced with will distract us from our main purpose and could rob someone else of being used by God in that person's life to correct.

The best correction we could ever receive is at the hands of those who we know love us and to whom the Lord tells us to heed---our own spiritual leaders. The local church is a source of safety and security where loving rebuke and correction can happen where people's hearts and spirits are not broken by it.

Well the only hope is that the heart would be purged or purified through faith in Christ. But I think this scripture best describes what you are asking...
Eph 5:6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.
7 Therefore do not be partakers with them.
8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light
9 (for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth),
10 finding out what is acceptable to the Lord.
11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.
12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret.
13 But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light.

Back