Satan and his angels in Hell.

Well, if hell is cast into the "lake of fire", then hell must be a separate place from the lake of fire. Hell was made for the devil and his angels, but I can not find anywhere were it says one day the devil and his angels will be cast into it.
Dude if satan was in hell now - how could he be roaming around like a lion look to whom he can devour? Why would we need to be built up for spiritual war fare ?

He did die.......SPIRITUALLY! That is exactly why Jesus had to come to the Garden and kill animals, shedding THEIR blood instead of Adam and Eve. That was the 1st example of substitionary atonement.

You, unfortunately have confused Hell and Hades. Hades is the correct interpretation in Rev. 6:8.

The correct understanding IMO, feel free to reject it or dig in and investigate, death takes the body to the dust, but Hades is the place where the spirit of the lost man goes. That of course will change when the Lake of Fire opens for business.

I like to call it the day the light went out in the garden..... ;)

Dude if satan was in hell now - how could he be roaming around like a lion look to whom he can devour? Why would we need to be built up for spiritual war fare ?

Brother if the scripture says God cast the angels that sinned to Hell, then that is where they are. We can not call scripture untrue, can we?
If scripture says the devils walks about the earth seeking whom he can devour this also true!
Which scripture do we cut out and discard? We have to "reconcile" them together to get the truth, which would be, "the devil is walking around this earth seeking who he can devour, and he brings hell with him every were he goes. because that is where he is"
Who cares what has been taught for centuries in the Church. It is only what scriptures is telling us today, not what others have logically decided was the only way it could be, without truth.

That verse is touching upon certain angels, and I think many believe that it is about particularly evil angels who are far too dangerous to mankind, who stepped out of line either in pre-history or pre-flood.

Satan and his active horde are not there now, but are located in the second heaven---the space over the earth, between the earth and heaven itself. Remember that Satan is called the prince of the power of the air.
You could be right sister, but we have no scripture to confirm this thought. We can only stick with scriptures we do have.

I would not say I dislike your answer, but :) Did the angels that followed Satan in his rebellion not sin when they left their original job that was given by God?
It appears that 2 peter 2: the entire chapter is talking about how many sinned in the past and even though it seems like their penalty lingereth for awhile, yet most were dealt with swiftly. Talking about the "old world", or "ancient world" in verse 5 where Noah lived their penalty came to a quick end through the flood.

2Pe 2:4.. For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
2Pe 2:5.. And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
Simple logic here... yes, they sinned, but if they were all in hell, a prison, because they all sinned, then they'd still be there and we wouldn't have devils possessing people shooting up fellow citizens, the Antichrist wouldn't come, and Hitler never would have done his evil, which the monks of Tibet all woke up with utter confusion and when the missionaries what's wrong the monks said that 1000s of their spirits left them. That happened on the very day Hitler was elected to office. So, you tell me, which understanding is more logical? Don't forget their leader wouldn't be able to tempt our Lord, and Judas wouldn't have been possessed...

This is an old error .
Angels cannot mate with people.
For not only cannot any one kind mate with another kind .But angels are neither male or female.
To be able to so mate as many have believed.

The right understanding of that ONE verse so often quoted is the sons of righteousness and the sons of Cain.
which later came to be as the children of Israel and the children of those around them when they intermarried .

In Christ
gerald
That's not what the word of God says. Sorry, that is not an old error, that is a new denial because of Calvin.

Simple logic here... yes, they sinned, but if they were all in hell, a prison, because they all sinned, then they'd still be there and we wouldn't have devils possessing people shooting up fellow citizens, the Antichrist wouldn't come, and Hitler never would have done his evil, which the monks of Tibet all woke up with utter confusion and when the missionaries what's wrong the monks said that 1000s of their spirits left them. That happened on the very day Hitler was elected to office. So, you tell me, which understanding is more logical? Don't forget their leader wouldn't be able to tempt our Lord, and Judas wouldn't have been possessed...
Brother, have we not been raised together with Christ from the dead, and are we not sitting on the right hand of God in Christ?
If we are, and we are, then how is it possible for me to be able to walk on this earth while being there?

Not so my brother and you are opening a real big can of worms if you continue with this thought. I will be glad to speak with you on this subject, however I do not think it wise to do so as it always deteareates in to disagreements. But, that is just my opinion. You are the moderator.

Matthew 22:30 says that we as believers with glorified bodies will be like the angles in that we will not procreate. Demons are fallen angels and therefore are "A-SEXUAL" and can not reproduce in any way so the idea of demons mating with humans is impossible.

Not only that, but IF that were possible, that would mean that in the line of the birth of Messiah Jesus, there was a demonic spirit which was involved in His birthline. THINK!!!
You think brother. This was our first "discussion" and we both know where that led. You're wrong and it's just that simple. Everyone before Calvin believed they mated, period. You all don't realize how Calvinistic you are. Stick with the word of God. P.S. Obedient angels don't mate... those that did were thrown into hell where they are still today. You guys all pick and choose and explain away the plain written truth with some man's logic. Moving on...

Brother, have we not been raised together with Christ from the dead, and are we not sitting on the right hand of God in Christ?
If we are, and we are, then how is it possible for me to be able to walk on this earth while being there?
:rolleyes:

You could be right sister, but we have no scripture to confirm this thought. We can only stick with scriptures we do have.
I am sure there is scripture that teaches about Satan's dwelling place. I just don't have the time to do the search. Maybe later!

(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds)​
(2 Corinthians 10:4 KJV)

Yea, we are.

Hello James

I did not say we are not in a battle or at war so to speak as soldier not as civilians as Paul put it .

But the PRIMARY purpose of prayer is "thy kingdom come ..........thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven"
Brother Gerald - if you are not built upon the word of God and know the authority that you have and know how to stand by faith on the written word of God - well the devil will kick you around all through your life.
God Bless
James W

If that was the be all and end all . as in "ye young men the word of God dwells in you richly or abides in you and ye have overcome the wicked one"
But it is not .
For we are to go on "Ye fathers ye know Him who is from the beginning"
When the Lord walked this earth .he had the primary temptations of the flesh at all points in the wilderness .He overcame the devils temptations by the Word of God and the Spirit of God and putting the scriptures quoted by the devil in context .
But his primary objective was not to fight the devil all day long and all his life. But to declare the name of the father and to manifest the kingdom of God and to show that all things are subject to God .
It was when he was opposed that he fought as and when necersary . If there was any battles fought it was always in prayer and nearly always on the mountains . But primarily who for?Himself or for the ones he came to seek and to save?
In that the devil only" left him for a season" and up until his dying day but now by the mouths of men "if thou be the Son of God......" he was tempted . Is a secondary matter .
His prime purpose was the salvation of men and that the prince of this world would be cast down and trodden under foot even as the promise was given in the garden of Eden.
If we resist the devil and submit ourselves under the mighty hand of God the devil will flee from us. That is for us .
But the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but are mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds ....." where? In the mind . and primarily for others .
For it is assumed that we are not at warfare with ourselves?
Though clearly the teachings of Paul were also to pull down the errors and misconceptions of some in the church.

We are not built up for spiritual warfare but to manifest the kingdom of God

In Christ
gerald

Wrong! You do error in not understanding the Scriptures my brother.

Ephesians 6:10-12............
"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Back