Salvation By Faith Alone Verses Works Based Salvation.

7 so that being justified by his grace (past/justification) we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life. (future/salvation/progressive sanctification)"

Brother, might has already been correctly explained, ...here is another "nugget" in the verse, hope in the New Testament is always used in a positive sense, something that is guaranteed, an assurance, we can have confidence in, what Paul is saying is you/we can have assurance, confidence, it's guaranteed, ...our salvation is sure.

What I don't understand is why would you want to doubt your salvation, why not bask in the assurance of knowing we are saved, ...Father is very intelligent and He made sure their wouldn't be any loop holes.

One more thing bro before I have to go to work, Paul tells us there are three things, faith, hope and love, but the greatest is love,

faith takes care of our past, we have faith that our sin debt has been fully paid,
hope settles our future, we know there is a heavenly home waiting for us,
love..., with our past settled, our future confirmed that frees us to love, love people the way Jesus loved people (He knew His past and He knew His future, reflect on John 17) with His agape love by and through the Holy Spirit living and working inside of us, ...that's why love is the greatest, the other two are done deals.

Have a good day in the Lord and may He richly bless you,

Gene

Because salvation does not happen until glorification, the final step in the process. That is when the redemption is complete. If your loved one is held hostage, you may perhaps give money for a ransom in exchange for his life. But your loved one is not saved until you physically come to collect on your payment.

Question: 21God made him who had no sin to be sinb for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God" (2 Corinthians 5:17-21).

Why does Paul say that we "MIGHT *** BECOME"the righteousness of God instead of saying that "in Him we ARE the righteousness of God?"

NOPE.

Salvation happens the moment you place your FAITH in the Lord Jesus Christ for the payment of your sins.

The Christian's glorification describes their ultimate and complete conformity to the image of Christ Jesus.

Glorification is the final link in the great golden chain of salvation, but one must be saved first and it is so certain that it is going to happen that the apostle Paul refers to it as having already happened (Romans 8:30).

Another great promise is given to us in Philippians 1:6................
“For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.”

God makes us like His Son. To be glorified is another way of saying the believer will be "conformed" to the character of Christ which is God’s ultimate purpose for the Christian. No longer will the Christian "fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23).

7 so that being justified by his grace (past/justification) we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life. (future/salvation/progressive sanctification)"

Brother, might has already been correctly explained, ...here is another "nugget" in the verse, hope in the New Testament is always used in a positive sense, something that is guaranteed, an assurance, we can have confidence in, what Paul is saying is you/we can have assurance, confidence, it's guaranteed, ...our salvation is sure.

What I don't understand is why would you want to doubt your salvation, why not bask in the assurance of knowing we are saved, ...Father is very intelligent and He made sure their wouldn't be any loop holes.

One more thing bro before I have to go to work, Paul tells us there are three things, faith, hope and love, but the greatest is love,

faith takes care of our past, we have faith that our sin debt has been fully paid,
hope settles our future, we know there is a heavenly home waiting for us,
love..., with our past settled, our future confirmed that frees us to love, love people the way Jesus loved people (He knew His past and He knew His future, reflect on John 17) with His agape love by and through the Holy Spirit living and working inside of us, ...that's why love is the greatest, the other two are done deals.

Have a good day in the Lord and may He richly bless you,

Gene
Again what translation is this that contains that word "might" its NOT IN THE GREEK! nor is it suggested in context.

Again what translation is this that contains that word "might" its NOT IN THE GREEK! nor is it suggested in context.
Both the NIV and ESV have it worded this way. It is funny however, because I never even considered when seeing those versions that it meant might in how it is being stated here. I agree with you that it should be read as you stated "be empowered" which is consistent with all other scriptures and is how I always read it.

Both the NIV and ESV have it worded this way. It is funny however, because I never even considered when seeing those versions that it meant might in how it is being stated here. I agree with you that it should be read as you stated "be empowered" which is consistent with all other scriptures and is how I always read it.
One of the first things the Holy Spirit began to teach me was a basic understanding of the Greek.. I am not a scholar but I do read the Greek in an able way... I am so thankful that I can read the scriptures in their intended meaning and context. This is a horrible translation of that passage, almost looks like a work of satan to me?

Back