Sabbath 7/4/2015 Daytona SDB Church Minister Terri sermon “For Crying Out Loud”

Sabbath 7/4/2015 Daytona SDB Church Minister Terri sermon “For Crying Out Loud” Psalms 34:17

“The righteous cry and the Lord heareth and delivereth them out of ALL their troubles”

The phrase “For crying out loud” is a way Christians can be upset and let you know it without cursing outright. For me, when the recent events in SC happened, my reaction to the violence was to be very angry. While dealing with the unrest inside of me, a still small voice came to me saying “I got this. Do I ever do anything without a purpose?” This “purpose” can be seen when God led the Children of Israel to their promised land. They went through many issues and troubles on their way to their promised land.

God will provide for us while we are going through trials. God does not do anything without a purpose. We may not know what it is, we may not like it but God does EVERYTHING with a purpose. There are lessons for us to be learned. God shows His unconditional love to us. God teaches us to do the same thing to other people in our lives. Instead of choosing to do revenge on people that do bad things to us, God wants us to show His love. Show God’s love to the people who cut in front of our car within an inch of causing an accident. Show God’s love to the people who blast their music at 2 am in the morning. God says He’s got this! God says He’s got this and for us to be calm. C–A-L-M. We ought to remember that these people have to give an account of their actions and what they did to us on Judgement day.

God wants us to have unconditional love for everybody and to TRUST in Him. This is not a voluntary thing. God commands us to have this love, His love.

AMEN

Back