Ruth 3:9-11

Ruth 3:9-11
KJV(i) 9 And he said, Who art thou? And she answered, I am Ruth thine handmaid: spread therefore thy skirt over thine handmaid; for thou art a near kinsman. 10 And he said, Blessed be thou of the LORD, my daughter: for thou hast showed more kindness in the latter end than at the beginning, inasmuch as thou followedst not young men, whether poor or rich. 11 And now, my daughter, fear not; I will do to thee all that thou requirest: for all the city of my people doth know that thou art a virtuous woman.
NSB(i) 9 He said: »Who are you?« She answered: »I am your servant Ruth. Spread your garment over me, for you are my kinsman.« 10 He said: »You are blessed of Jehovah, my daughter: for this kindness is greater than what you showed earlier. You have not pursued younger men, whether poor or rich. 11 »And now, my daughter, have no fear. I will do for you whatever you say, for it is clear to all my townspeople that you are a woman of virtue.

These are my thought, please share yours.

9 Boaz knew Ruth but due to him being half asleep or it being dark did not get a good look at her. Ruth was asking for him to merry her. Boaz was a near kinsman but not the nearest kinsmen.

10 Boaz was happy and honored by having her choose him to be her husband. Ruth had changed and had lived as a Jew being a stranger doing this as unheard of by anyone with the exception of Rehab who was his mother. Ruth choose Boaz by ho he treated her and because he was a man of God. A decision like marriage should not be done off of looks or wealth because these can go away.

11 The people of the town have accepted Ruth a woman of virtue. Ruth had developed a good standing in the community, e as Christians need to do what we can to devolve a good standing in the community as long as it does not lead us away from Christ.

Back