Ruth 3:14-15

Ruth 3:14-15
KJV(i) 14 And she lay at his feet until the morning: and she rose up before one could know another. And he said, Let it not be known that a woman came into the floor. 15 Also he said, Bring the vail that thou hast upon thee, and hold it. And when she held it, he measured six measures of barley, and laid it on her: and she went into the city.
NSB(i) 14 She slept there at his feet until morning. She got up before it was light enough for anyone to see. He said: »Do not let anyone know that a woman came to the grain floor.« 15 He said: »Take your robe and stretch it out in your hands.« She did so, and he took six measures of grain and put them into it. Then she went back to town.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

14 Sometimes even though we are not doing anything wrong the appearance of evil and what people may think may be harm to our testimony. Ruth and Boaz did nothing sinful but if they saw her coming out of the same place rumors would spread. Sometimes the best way to stop a rumor is don’t do anything to start it.

15 He gave her food this was plenty to care for her until the issue of who she would marry would be resolved, perhaps even enough until the wedding. It was an act f kindness. Boaz here may have shown he wanted to marry her but; he had to obey the rules of the law.

We should be led and not start a rumor. Perhaps you could elaborate?. What are you looking for in the thread?

Blessings as always.

Back