Ruth 3:1-5

Ruth 3:1-5 King James Version (KJV)
3 Then Naomi her mother in law said unto her, My daughter, shall I not seek rest for thee, that it may be well with thee?
2 And now is not Boaz of our kindred, with whose maidens thou wast? Behold, he winnoweth barley to night in the threshingfloor.
3 Wash thyself therefore, and anoint thee, and put thy raiment upon thee, and get thee down to the floor: but make not thyself known unto the man, until he shall have done eating and drinking.
4 And it shall be, when he lieth down, that thou shalt mark the place where he shall lie, and thou shalt go in, and uncover his feet, and lay thee down; and he will tell thee what thou shalt do.
5 And she said unto her, All that thou sayest unto me I will do.

Ruth 3:1-5 The Voice (VOICE)

3 Naomi (to Ruth): My child, it is my responsibility to find a husband and place of rest for you—a place where you will find rest andcontentment.2 You have been working alongside the young women who serve Boaz. Is he not a part of our family? Early this evening, during the late afternoon wind, he will be on the threshing floor winnowing the barley.
They toss the stalks into the wind with a fork and watch the grain fall at their feet as the stalks blow away.
3 Bathe and perfume yourself. Put on your best dress, then go down onto the threshing floor. Be careful, though. Don’t let him know you are there until he has finished eating and drinking.4 Once he is relaxed, he will lie down to sleep. Make sure you notice where he is. Once he has lain down, go to him. Uncover his feet and lie down. He will tell you what to do.
The Hebrew euphemism “to uncover the feet” is a sexual expression; but in this context, and in light of the honorable character of Boaz and Ruth, it is clear that she is simply making herself available for marriage.
Ruth: 5 I will do everything you have told me to do.

The Voice (VOICE) The Voice Bible Copyright © 2012 Thomas Nelson, Inc. The Voice™ translation © 2012 Ecclesia Bible Society All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

1 To have a permanent home showed that they were going to stay not that they were just visitors.

2 So Naomi is doing match making to find Ruth a husband. Naomi knew where he would be based on the time of year and what he would be doing.

3 This suggestion seems very different and seems something more of the world then God. They are not dating she is going to him at night after he has his fill.

4 Boaz was a righteous man and wouldn’t do anything sinful with Ruth but many times this would be something people would take advantage of and would most of the time be very unwise.

5 Ruth was willing to listen to Naomi, sometimes we just to do things trusting others.

Back