Ruth 2:8-10

Ruth 2:8-10 King James Version (KJV)
8 Then said Boaz unto Ruth, Hearest thou not, my daughter? Go not to glean in another field, neither go from hence, but abide here fast by my maidens:

9 Let thine eyes be on the field that they do reap, and go thou after them: have I not charged the young men that they shall not touch thee? and when thou art athirst, go unto the vessels, and drink of that which the young men have drawn.

10 Then she fell on her face, and bowed herself to the ground, and said unto him, Why have I found grace in thine eyes, that thou shouldest take knowledge of me, seeing I am a stranger?

Ruth 2:8-10 The Voice (VOICE)

Boaz (to Ruth): 8 Listen to me, my daughter. Do not go and glean in any other field. In fact, do not go outside my property at all but stay with the young women who work for me following the harvesters and bundling the grain into sheaves. 9 Watch the harvesters, and see which field they are working in. Follow along behind these servants of mine. I have warned the young men not to touch you. If you are thirsty, go and get a drink from the water jars my young men have filled for the harvesters.

10 Overwhelmed, Ruth bowed down before Boaz, putting her face to the ground in front of him.

Ruth: I am just a foreigner. Why have you noticed me and treated me as if I’m one of your favorites?

The Voice (VOICE) The Voice Bible Copyright © 2012 Thomas Nelson, Inc. The Voice™ translation © 2012 Ecclesia Bible Society All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

8 So Boaz was going to let no only get what is left behind that way she doesn’t have to go to another field, God works in this way if He puts limits on things in our life then what we need will be met inside those limits. Boaz knew her need for grain and was going beyond what was required of him, often times we forget everything God does for us is out of love not because of any requirement.

9 Boaz is treating her as his own servant and also giving her safety. God treats us as His own when we come to Him those who haven’t He desires to treat as His own. God will meet our needs and bless us beyond them.

10 She knew that he was being gracious, she is not worshiping him but showing her thankfulness, this is similar in begging those who beg in scripture are not doing worship. The law was not for the other nations so he may have even been able to tell her not to take the left overs from the field, Naomi certainly had that right but Ruth didn’t because she wasn’t Jewish she was suppose to have stayed in her land a remarried their, we are not God’s chosen people as Gentiles but as the Church He accepts us as the same.

Back