Ruth 2:14-16

Ruth 2:14-16 King James Version (KJV)
14 And Boaz said unto her, At mealtime come thou hither, and eat of the bread, and dip thy morsel in the vinegar. And she sat beside the reapers: and he reached her parched corn, and she did eat, and was sufficed, and left.

15 And when she was risen up to glean, Boaz commanded his young men, saying, Let her glean even among the sheaves, and reproach her not:

16 And let fall also some of the handfuls of purpose for her, and leave them, that she may glean them, and rebuke her not.

Ruth 2:14-16 The Voice (VOICE)

14 Later during the meal, Boaz spoke to Ruth again.

Boaz: Come over here and have some of my food. Dip your piece of bread in the vinegar wine.

So Ruth sat down among the harvesters. Boaz also offered her some roasted grain. She ate as much as she wanted and even had some left over.15 When her meal was finished, she got back up and returned to work. Then Boaz pulled some of the young harvesters aside and gave them instructions about her.

Boaz: Let her pick up grain from among the sheaves. Do not reprimand or humiliate her for gleaning where it is usually forbidden.16 Instead, periodically pick out a stalk or two from the sheaves that have already been bound, and leave them for her to gather for herself. Make sure that no one gives her a hard time.

The Voice (VOICE) The Voice Bible Copyright © 2012 Thomas Nelson, Inc. The Voice™ translation © 2012 Ecclesia Bible Society All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

14 This is kind of what we see today as dating whether that is what is happening isn’t clear but he is being hospitable and kind to her.

15 So he is telling his servants to let her gather and that they should not mess with her in any way, just as Boaz was protecting Ruth from his servants, God protects us from some of the things in this world if we are doing what we are meant to do here.

16 He is telling them to leave grain behind, this would make it easier for her to gather grain, sometimes God just throws out blessings for us to pick up.

God protects us from some of the things in this world if we are doing what we are meant to do here
Greetings Brother clark thompson,
I do not wish to take anything away from your post but rather simply expound on it.

Where brethren seem to miss it and blame or question God for the things that happen or they are going through, can clearly be seen in the quote above.

You brother wrote (if we are doing what we are meant to do here)

That's key..... and when expounded on we can clearly see that God has set ways of doing things. He has given unto us certain ways to live by.

If we walk with in them, well sir then God is able to protect us and steer us around things.

It's when we step outside of these things or how God has commanded us to live, then we get out there on our own for the most part. We end up in areas that God never intended for us to be in and go through things we did not have to.

I apologize clark thompson for taking this perhaps in a little different direction But I really wanted to bring up this point and add it to something you said.
Blessings
FCJ

Back