Righteous Duties

Ok, so I thought about it more and I combine my answers. I'd stand up for the homeless guy, but if it didn't work i'd just pay him whatever the thief stole. Alright well i'm going to sleep. This was definitely an interesting conversation!

Orrr, I just thought of something ingenious, I just pay whatever the big dude stole. That might work better.
I think I might do something similar. If I didn't have any money, and only credit cards here is what I might have to do.. Say a quick prayer, stretch my legs, then run full speed at the guy and do a flying lui kang kick to the back of his head.

Or maybe use your other tactic and just scream "rape"

Where I am from, I believe they will prosecute over even a piece of gum. So I guess it does depend on the area. I know at Starbucks, they're not allowed to stop someone who is stealing, but are required to call the cops.

How about this scenario. You witness a big huge thug, with a doo-rag on, and his pants sagging take money from a blind homeless guy, and you are in an area where your phone gets no service.

why not take it step further and make it a homeless blind child
lol jk :)

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled."

Example 1: Woman being raped in alley. Do you stop it? I would do everything I could to stop this.

Example 2: People using foul language at a kids play ground. Do you stop it? Depends. Can the children hear it? Then I would speak to the person(s).

Example 3: People using foul language at a bar. Do you stop it? No. Having G-d's righteousness does not make me other people's judge. By law, people in a bar must be adults, I think. If their language bothers me, then it is up to me to leave.

Example 4: Two gay guys making out in public at a family event. Another man says I'm going to teach them a lesson and knock some sense into them. Do you stop him, or help him? What would be the righteous move in this situation? (Keeping in mind Jesus and Nehemiah got physically righteous with folks) I would stop the attacking person, if possible. If I would go up against gay people, I would also have to go up against adulterers, liars, thieves, etc.

Example 5: You see a lady stealing bread from grocery store. Then walk to a car with kids inside it. Do you snitch on her? No. I would pay the store for the bread and see how I can help her get food.

Example 6: You find out your best friend is cheating on his wife. Do you tell the wife? Yes. In this dangerous world of STDs, YES!

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled."

If I witness someone in public doing something unrighteous, would it be wrong for me to make them comply with righteousness?

Example 1:
Woman being raped in alley. Do you stop it?

Example 2: People using foul language at a kids play ground. Do you stop it?

Example 3: People using foul language at a bar. Do you stop it?

Example 4: Two gay guys making out in public at a family event. Another man says I'm going to teach them a lesson and knock some sense into them. Do you stop him, or help him? What would be the righteous move in this situation? (Keeping in mind Jesus and Nehemiah got physically righteous with folks)

Example 5: You see a lady stealing bread from grocery store. Then walk to a car with kids inside it. Do you snitch on her?

Example 6: You find out your best friend is cheating on his wife. Do you tell the wife?
Thus saith the Lord, I will write my law upon their hearts and upon their mind...The Spirit of God must guide us in many of these things.

why not take it step further and make it a homeless blind child
lol jk :)
Don't worry Kimber, I know your new to the forum and I must warn ou that we have certain trouble makers here on the forum...namely Where is the Messiah. If he gives you too much trouble? Just report him! ;)

If I witness someone in public doing something unrighteous, would it be wrong for me to make them comply with righteousness?

Example 1:

Example 4: Two gay guys making out in public at a family event. Another man says I'm going to teach them a lesson and knock some sense into them. Do you stop him, or help him? What would be the righteous move in this situation? (Keeping in mind Jesus and Nehemiah got physically righteous with folks)

Example 5: You see a lady stealing bread from grocery store. Then walk to a car with kids inside it. Do you snitch on her?

Example 6: You find out your best friend is cheating on his wife. Do you tell the wife?

Example 1:
Yes I would. I believe for someone to not try and stop it commits a sin.

Yes I would confront them and ask them politely to stop using the language. If they continued I would then want to smash their face in but I wouldn't resort to violence and call the cops who then would arrest them for disorderly conduct.

I don't go to bars so I guess I wouldn't say anything :)

I would inform the man that it wasn't the right thing to do and I would confront the two sinners :) and explain to them that they are causing a disturbance and the way they are acting was inappropriate. If they continued I would call the police and they would get arrested for disorderly conduct. I'm sure they would argue with the police because they were violating their rights and then they would be charged with resisting arrest as well. I would then visit them in jail and witness to them :)

I would have confronted her right away and ask about her situation. I would then probably pay for the bread and possibly buy her more food for her family.

Example 6: You find out your best friend is cheating on his wife. Do you tell the wife
I would confront my friend and tell him that he needs to stop and come clean with his wife. I'm assuming the friend has some sort of Christian beliefs. If he refused to tell his wife then I would have to insist my wife inform his wife, that way my friendship was still good with the so called friend lol. My sister actually was involved in a situation like this. A co-worker of her husbands brought another female to a Christmas party my sister was having at her house. It was very uncomfortable and she told his wife about it. Lets just say my sister lost all her friends over the ordeal. Her friends were all catholic and really didn't have a Christian life style and my sister and her husband both had gotten saved that year.

Example 1:

Some good questions :).

1. Definitely or you are en route to hell.
2. As Asuk said in post # 3.
3. As Asuk said in post # 3.
4. Agree with LanceA above.
5. No. 1. You tell her that God cannot help her if she steals. 2. Let her escape. 3. Tell the store owner she stole but God allowed you to see it so you can settle her debt. Witness to him. Maybe he starts giving his daily left overs away instead of trashing it like most.
6. We cannot give a yes or no answer on this. Every situation requires a judgment call. I think we have all had friends do this. I chose not to tell my friends wife. He cheated once and had immense remorse. We must not forget that a Christian has God watching their spouses. If they really doubted their partner, God would help. God helps His children. In general we must avoid getting into other peoples personal affairs.

Example 1 is a no brainer. You should help the woman.
Example 2 You should ask the foul mouths to respect that kids are listening.
Example 3 You shouldn't say anything because that's what they do there and why would you be there anyway listening to it?
Example 4 You shouldn't use violence. You should ask them to act respectful to others and cut it out.
Example 5 You should confront the woman and inform her that she shouldn't steal. You may want to offer assistance if the family is in need. Invite them to church also.
Example 6 You should set your friend right on this. Make him feel the conviction of his sin and encourage repentance. I would probably not tell the wife. I would give him an opportunity to make a change.
I'm in total agreement.

Based on the answers, it looks like you're looking for what we SHOULD do...
Example 1:
Yes. 100%.

Remind them that there are kids around and to be mindful.

No. Don't condone it, don't participate, but they have chosen to speak this way on their own behalf.

Jesus never attacked anyone with violence as an aggressor. Initiation violent aggression is wrong. The gay guys making out is another subject to be addressed, but I would of course stop someone from doing this.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think helping her with her groceries and slipping her some money and telling her to do the right thing and not steal anymore would be right. And then going into the store and paying for her groceries...but without calling her out.

Confront HIM and tell him he absolutely must do the right thing. If he continues, perhaps that's when the wife needs to know.

Would what you do personally be different from what you should do?

It depends on the scenario. I want what I would do to match what I should do...but sometimes I am a coward and I sin. I can only honestly say that some of the scenarios I would truly do what God would want me to do...others, perhaps not.

I am only speaking honestly. Sometimes the Holy Spirit has a way of surprising me and I find myself doing things I know God is pleased with. But sometimes, I fall.

It depends on the scenario. I want what I would do to match what I should do...but sometimes I am a coward and I sin. I can only honestly say that some of the scenarios I would truly do what God would want me to do...others, perhaps not.

I am only speaking honestly. Sometimes the Holy Spirit has a way of surprising me and I find myself doing things I know God is pleased with. But sometimes, I fall.
I can relate to that.

Back