Reviving The Flame

Reviving The Flame

We need the flame.
I got to tell you that I have got a new appreciation for the blessed Baptism in the Holy Spirit and Fire. Where would we be without that flame that rekindles us again and again with the fire and the passion and power. So we can continue the race that is set before us to reach the lost and minister His love to the hurting.

I want to stir you up and get you hungry as I’m sharing my hunger with you. You see I’m one of those that aren’t satisfied with one baptism. I want to have Baptism after Baptism, outpouring after outpouring, time of refreshing after time of refreshing. A hungry heart never gets full, instead it always wants more.

It is time to revive the flame again my friend.
The flame of passion, the flame of zeal, the flame of hunger, the flame that shines in great darkness and bring revival where ever it comes. I’m talking about that OLD PENTECOSTAL FLAME OF FIRE.

If you have the flame over your life you got to maintain it by praying in the Holy Ghost and yielding to the Holy Spirit and obey His promptings. The Apostle Paul gave Timothy the word of encouragement:

2 Thimothy 1:6-8 "Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and of a sound mind… (8) But share with me in the suffering for the gospel according to the power of God."

He reminded him to stir up that flame again and the flame is the Spirit of Power and Love. The flame is already in you by the baptism in the Holy Spirit and Fire. But the flame may have become small and it's time to stir it up again to a huge sparking reviving flame.

Consumed with the flame.
I’m reminded of Stephen in Acts chapter 6
6:5 "Stephen a man filled with Faith and The Holy Spirit."
6:8 "Stephen full of grace and power, did great wonders and signs."
6:10 "they were not able to resist wisdom and the Spirit by which he spoke."
6:15 "looking steadfastly at him, (they) saw his face like an angel."
7:55 "But he being full of the Holy Spirit, Gazed into heaven and saw the Glory of God…"

This man had been overtaken by the flame of fire and was completely consumed and filled with the Spirit of God. Listen, if Stephen had it, you can have it. Stephen yielded until he was possessed and fully overtaken by the fiery flame of God until his very nature became just like the first born (Jesus Christ). Until he manifested the same signs and wonders just as our Lord did. Until he spoke under such heavy anointing and radiated such glory so that the people around him saw his face like a face of an angel.

Power witnesses.
You shall receive power after that the Holy Spirit has come upon you and you shall be my witnesses to the whole world. (Acts 1:8) This is the only way to be a witness of the resurrection of Christ. You know what happened in Acts 2 a mighty rushing wind came and tongues as of fire sitting upon each of them. And they went out with the flame to the world and people got touched in their hearts, souls and bodies.

We need the same flame to be resting in us and upon us for the sake of healing the sick and touching those that need a tangible touch. What I’m talking about is to preach and manifest the resurrection power.

Flame of change.
When the flame is on you everything changes, the way you talk, the way you walk, they way you pray, the way you look on your neighbors. The flame will start dealing with secret pet sins and start to clean out the temple so to speak. When the flame is burning strong no temptation is to hard enough to conquer. The flame keeps you, they flame will strengthen you, will give you supernatural energy from the Holy Spirit when you need it the most. They flame will light up your path and give you discernment of things around you….Glory to God!!!!

Prayer of consecration.
Father we ask you to revive that first flame of the day of Pentecost. Ooh Father how we need the flame of your fiery love and power. We can do nothing by ourselves and we refuse to go in our own strength, we so desperately need the fire to be rekindled and refreshed in us and upon our very flesh. We thank You for the flame, we ask you to consume us in that fire until your thoughts becomes ours and your strength becomes ours and your power and love becomes ours. Father touch us that we may touched the world and become witnesses of POWER AND LOVE in JESUS NAME AMEN.

(Written by Jonatan Svensson)
www.loverevival.com

Back