Revelation. The Scroll. (ch.6 - 8: 1)

I believe that when reading the book of Revelation we need to remember that it is God the Father who is unveiling Christ to us – His glorious Son & Heir who is exalted high above all.

In Rev. 4 & 5, I believe we see God the Father giving His Son & Heir, His inheritance, the title deeds of the earth. Although the world is ruled by those in rebellion against God, He has brought them to Christ`s feet for Him to deal with.

`The Lord (God the Father) said to my Lord (Jesus Christ), “Sit at my right hand, till I make your enemies your footstool.” (Ps. 110: 1)

Then I believe we are shown in dramatic form, God the Father giving His Son & Heir, His inheritance of the nations.

`I will declare the decree: the Lord has said to me; “You are My Son, Today I have begotten you. Ask of Me, & I will give you the nations for your inheritance, & the ends of the earth for your possession.` (Ps. 2: 7 & 8)

`I saw in the right hand of Him who sat on the throne a scroll written inside & on the back, sealed with seven seals......a Lamb....came & took the scroll....& opened..` the seals. (Rev. 5: 1, 7 & 6: 1)

Then when God the Father gives His Son the title deeds, He lifts His restraining hand that was upon the nations & tells Christ to rule over the nations.

`”Rule in the midst of your enemies!”` (Ps. 110: 2)

With this inheritance I believe there are executive directions as to how Christ is to rule. Thus as Rev. 6 & 7 unfold, I believe we are shown a prophetic drama of `who` & `what` Christ will rule over.

The Executive Orders.

These executive orders are written on the scroll, as it were, & sealed with 7 seals. (7 in Heb. means to be complete) This represents, I believe a complete judgment & fulfilment of what God has promised.

`He will avenge the blood of His servants, & render vengeance to His adversaries; He will provide atonement for His land & His people.` (Deut. 32: 43)

This judgment is upon the rebellious nations of the earth who operate under the influence of Satan. They consider that they control their own affairs & that they are the sole arbiter of their destiny. But Satan & the nations however, do not have the final say. There is a higher authority controlling the world systems & shaping the nations according to His Divine Will.

`Why do the nations rage, & the people plot a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, & the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord & against His Anointed, saying, “Let us break their bonds in pieces & cast away their cords from us.”

He who sits in the heavens shall laugh. The Lord shall hold them in derision. The He shall speak to them in His wrath. And distress them in His deep displeasure; “Yet I have set My King on my holy hill of Zion.” (Ps. 2: 4 – 6)

As the Lord Jesus Christ opens the scroll, as it were, we are shown how He is bringing mankind to judgment. He gathers the nations into large confederacies, exposes their motives, and then corrals them into one area for judgement.

`Into the valley of Jehoshaphat I will herd the heathen folk,.....` (Joel 3: 2 Knox)

Marilyn.

Last edited:
The 4 Horsemen.

`Now.... when the Lamb opened ...the seals... Behold, a white horse,....a red horse,....a black horse,.... & a pale horse...` (Rev. 6: 1 – 8)

These are the 4 spirits of heaven that are sent forth to bring judgement on the nations.

Zechariah saw a similar vision –`red....black.....white....dappled horses, ` (Zech. 6: 1 – 3)

He asked God what he saw. God says –

`These are the four spirits of heaven, who go out from their station before the Lord of all the earth.` (Zech. 6: 5)

God explains that these are the 4 spirits of the heavens, which go forth from the Lord, & operate in the realm of the predominant ruling powers of the world. These ruling powers, great confederacies seek to control & dominate others. Because they do not receive the truth of God, He sends them a `strong delusion.`

`..they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie.`(2 Thess. 2: 10 & 11)

Marilyn.

The Scroll Details.

As the Lord removes the seals on the scroll we see the four different confederacies that are vying for world domination. Each are under a `strong delusion,` because they would not receive the truth.

1. The White Horse – A False Peace.

`Come & see. ...behold a white horse. He who sat on it had a bow; & a crown was given to him, & he went out conquering & to conquer.`(Rev. 6 :1 & 2)

The symbol of the `bow without the arrow,` meaning unarmed, shows that this confederacy speaks of `Peace & Safety,` (Security & Disarmament). This however is a false peace as man cannot bring peace, but can only control others through deception & military force.

The `crown` indicates Political rulership by a sovereign, (King or Queen). Thus this represents a contemporary power bloc that has a king or queen as their Head, & which has control over a large part of the world.

Marilyn.

2. The Red Horse –
War.

1. `Come & see, another horse, fiery red, went out. And it was granted to the one who sat on it to take peace from the earth, & that people should kill one another; & there was given to him a great sword.`(Rev. 6: 3 & 4)

This confederacy has `a great sword,` `that people should kill one another.` This confederacy tries to control others through war, but it is a delusion. They have shed much blood & will continue to do so. God will judge. (Ez. 38: 21)

Marilyn.

3. The Black Horse –
Market Economy.

1. `Come & see, ...behold, a black horse & he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand ...A quart of wheat for a denarius, & three quarts of barley for a denarius;` (Rev. 6: 5 & 6)

The symbol of the scales refers to a market economy. This indicates a measurement of goods & produce. The `denarius` is equivalent to a day`s pay, revealing the great hardship of that time. You would not receive much for working all day, barely enough to live on.

The delusion here is that man can share the wealth of the world fairly. This power bloc has initiated the economic philosophy that has gone throughout the world, -`Free Trade.` Yet the multinationals absorb or delete their opposition, thus taking control of the food & resources of the world. This eventually reduces the people to great poverty.

Marilyn.

4. The Pale Horse –
Terror.

1. `Come & see, ...behold, a pale horse,& the name of him who sat on it was Death,.... And power was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword, with hunger, with death, & by the beasts of the earth.`(Rev. 6: 7 & 8)

This fourth confederacy will be the most terrifying force the world has ever seen & eventually controls most of the world. It will use the sword, cause famine, bring plagues & the beasts of the earth to kill a quarter of the world`s population - billions of people. The delusion here is siding with Death, not life.

Note that `death & Hades` are following, which indicates that this power bloc & the rest of the world will come under great satanic power.

Marilyn.

When the Lord releases these powerful spirits (the 4 horsemen) it is the time of judgement upon mankind that has not received the truth of God but believe the lie. We see the predominant confederacies come together to form a global government. People who do not want to belong to this evil beastly system, but are trusting God, many will be martyred.

5. Martyrs – Under the Altar.

`He opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God & for the testimony which they held.`(Rev. 6: 9)

These martyrs are `under the altar,` referring to the ultimate protection of God. Man may kill the body but God protects the soul. They are given a `white robe,` which is righteousness in Christ Jesus, & then they have to wait for all those who would still be martyred.

Marilyn.

6. The Great Earthquake – Shaking Heaven & Earth.

`there was a great earthquake; & the sun became black...the moon like blood....stars ... fell... sky receded..Kings,..great men...rich men..commanders,..mighty men, every slave,...free man hid...`(Rev. 6: 12 – 15)

The final cataclysmic judgements shake the heavens & earth to such an extent that even great leaders & mighty men are hiding, fearful of God`s wrath being poured out.

`Fall on us & hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne & from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of His wrath has come & who is able to stand?`(Rev. 6: 16 & 17)

Marilyn.

7. The Seventh Seal – Silence in Heaven.

Judgement is completed, Satan is dealt with & Christ is King over all the nations of earth.

`The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord & of His Christ, & He shall reign forever & ever!` (Rev. 11: 15)

SUMMARY

The 7 Seals of the Scroll mark three key points in the tribulation period -

Beginning – release of the 4 Confederacies.

Middle – the martyrs.

End– the great earthquake.

This helps us to place all the other details that are to come in chronological order.

Marilyn.

When the Lord opens the scroll, He shows us how He rules in the midst of His enemies, We are also shown 3 groups of people that the Lord delivers from the enemy.

1.The Martyrs, 2. The Priests of Israel, & 3. The Great Multitude out of the Nations.

The Lord delivers these groups of people right through this judgment period of time as they call out to Him. Thus they are not written about at any specific opening of the scroll, but are in a separate section before the final seal is opened.

First, before any judgments the Lord sends four angels to hold back the winds of the earth. This would make for a very eerie stillness, a calm before the storm of judgments.

`I saw 4 angels .... holding the 4 winds of the earth.... `(Rev. 7: 1)

Then another angel is given the task of `sealing,` the priests of God in Israel.

`Do not harm the earth, the sea, or the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God....` (Rev. 7: 3)

These are 12,000 from each of the tribes of Israel, the priests that God said would rule. This was part of God`s covenant with Israel.

`you shall be to Me a kingdom (rule) of priests & a holy nation.` (Ex. 19: 6)

The `sealing,` represents the anointing of the Holy Spirit enabling these people to go forth & tell others of the coming millennium kingdom. This kingdom was promised to Israel, as part of God`s Covenant & what they looked forward to.

` Jesus said, `this gospel (good news) of the kingdom (promised to Israel)will be preached in all the world as a witness to all nations, & then the end (of the age) will come.` (Matt. 24: 14)

God has not forgotten His people Israel or cast them aside, but held them in discipline till the time for God`s Covenant purpose for them to be outworked.

`has God cast away His people (Israel)? Certainly not!.....` (Rom. 11: 1)

God still has His purpose for the Nation of Israel but it has been held in check until God`s appointed time. As we look further in Revelation we will see this great Covenant purpose of God unfold.

`blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in, & so all Israel will be saved.` (Rom. 11: 25 & 26)

Marilyn.

Finally we are shown a great multitude that has come out of every nation, tribe & tongue, on earth. We are told by an angel that these are people who have turned to God in the great tribulation. They have gone through terrible judgments but have cried out to God & repented. So, although they died of hunger, thirst, or heat, God in His great mercy heard their cry & saved them. They are given `white robes,` of righteousness of Christ.

`Behold, a great multitude which no man could number... standing before the throne & before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands,` (Rev. 7: 9)

The palm branches in their hands, indicates the time of the Feast of Tabernacles. This Feast has its fulfilment when the `Tabernacle of God` comes out of heaven to rule over the earth. (New Heavens & New Earth) This great multitude of every nation will be those that walk in its light.

`And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, & the kings of the earth bring their glory & honour into it.` (Rev. 21: 24)

Marilyn.

I believe that when reading the book of Revelation we need to remember that it is God the Father who is unveiling Christ to us – His glorious Son & Heir who is exalted high above all.

In Rev. 4 & 5, I believe we see God the Father giving His Son & Heir, His inheritance, the title deeds of the earth. Although the world is ruled by those in rebellion against God, He has brought them to Christ`s feet for Him to deal with.

`The Lord (God the Father) said to my Lord (Jesus Christ), “Sit at my right hand, till I make your enemies your footstool.” (Ps. 110: 1)

Then I believe we are shown in dramatic form, God the Father giving His Son & Heir, His inheritance of the nations.

`I will declare the decree: the Lord has said to me; “You are My Son, Today I have begotten you. Ask of Me, & I will give you the nations for your inheritance, & the ends of the earth for your possession.` (Ps. 2: 7 & 8)

`I saw in the right hand of Him who sat on the throne a scroll written inside & on the back, sealed with seven seals......a Lamb....came & took the scroll....& opened..` the seals. (Rev. 5: 1, 7 & 6: 1)

Then when God the Father gives His Son the title deeds, He lifts His restraining hand that was upon the nations & tells Christ to rule over the nations.

`”Rule in the midst of your enemies!”` (Ps. 110: 2)

With this inheritance I believe there are executive directions as to how Christ is to rule. Thus as Rev. 6 & 7 unfold, I believe we are shown a prophetic drama of `who` & `what` Christ will rule over.

I believe God the Father telling Jesus to ask him for the nations as his inheritance happened way back in the beginning of creation. The Father also told Jesus in the next verse verse.....

Psa 2:6.. "As for me, I have set my King on Zion, my holy hill."
Psa 2:7.. I will tell of the decree: The LORD said to me, "You are my Son; today I have begotten you.
Psa 2:8.. Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage, and the ends of the earth your possession.
Psa 2:9.. You shall break them with a rod of iron and dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel."

Interesting Jesus said this about all those who would overcome......

Rev 2:26.. And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
Rev 2:27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

The same thing the Father gave Jesus as his inheritance Jesus has also given to his Church. We know that Jesus asked his Father for the thing his father told him to ask for because of this scripture.......

Rev 7:9.. After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
Rev 7:10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

Hi @CCW95A,

Thank you for those thoughts. I also believe that we, the Body of Christ, under Christ`s rulership will rule over the nations of the earth. Very good point there, bro. However on this point I may enlarge - You said -

`I believe God the Father telling Jesus to ask him for the nations as his inheritance happened way back in the beginning of creation.`

Since the Father & the Son are in harmony (& the Holy Spirit) then the plan of the ages was `discussed` (if you know what I mean) in their counsel together. So this was planned - Jesus receiving the nations as an inheritance. What I believe we are seeing in Rev. 5 & 6 is the pictorial representation of the outcome of this `counsel.` Jesus is the glorified Son of Man & Son of God, & as there are others around, there is a visual investiture of authority & power given to the Lord Jesus Christ. He is proclaimed Worthy to receive.... & we are present to acclaim & worship Him. As I said it is `pictorial` of an awesome, majestic, ceremony that (as you said) was planned & received before creation.

The quote from Psalm 2 sets the ceremony in context -

`Why do the nations rage, & the people plot a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves & the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord & against His anointed, saying, "Let us break their bonds in pieces & cast away their cords from us."

He who sits in the heavens shall laugh; the Lord shall hold them in derision. Then He shall speak to them in His wrath, & distress them in His deep displeasure; "Yet I have set My king on my holy hill of Zion." "I will declare the decree; the Lord has said to Me.\, "You are My Son, Today I have begotten You. Ask of Me & I will give You the nations for Your inheritance, & the ends of the earth for your possession. You shall break them with a rod of iron; You shall dash them in pieces like a potter`s vessel."
(Ps. 2: 1 -9 )

Marilyn.

Hi @CCW95A,

Thank you for those thoughts. I also believe that we, the Body of Christ, under Christ`s rulership will rule over the nations of the earth. Very good point there, bro. However on this point I may enlarge - You said -

Since the Father & the Son are in harmony (& the Holy Spirit) then the plan of the ages was `discussed` (if you know what I mean) in their counsel together. So this was planned - Jesus receiving the nations as an inheritance. What I believe we are seeing in Rev. 5 & 6 is the pictorial representation of the outcome of this `counsel.` Jesus is the glorified Son of Man & Son of God, & as there are others around, there is a visual investiture of authority & power given to the Lord Jesus Christ. He is proclaimed Worthy to receive.... & we are present to acclaim & worship Him. As I said it is `pictorial` of an awesome, majestic, ceremony that (as you said) was planned & received before creation.

The quote from Psalm 2 sets the ceremony in context -

`Why do the nations rage, & the people plot a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves & the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord & against His anointed, saying, "Let us break their bonds in pieces & cast away their cords from us."

He who sits in the heavens shall laugh; the Lord shall hold them in derision. Then He shall speak to them in His wrath, & distress them in His deep displeasure; "Yet I have set My king on my holy hill of Zion." "I will declare the decree; the Lord has said to Me.\, "You are My Son, Today I have begotten You. Ask of Me & I will give You the nations for Your inheritance, & the ends of the earth for your possession. You shall break them with a rod of iron; You shall dash them in pieces like a potter`s vessel."
(Ps. 2: 1 -9 )

Marilyn.

Sister Marilyn, sometimes, in fact most of the time when we find the Lord God is speaking of events that are happening on planet earth, he (God) relates those same events to, and there reasons as to why they are happening to events that had happened in his Kingdom. Sin is sin no matter at what time in history, or eternity they are committed, and there motives, and actions never change. Lucifer rebelled against the Lord God, and one third of all the angels followed suit against God's anointed one. Just the fact that God the Father told his Son that he would give him the earth, and the nations for his inheritance tells us this event which is spoken in verses 7-9 happened in the beginning. There are parallels that can be understood with that of Jesus's earthly ministry in his death, and resurrection, and it's results found in the book of Revelations, but this event happened way before them. The question should be asked when did God the Father say to his Son, "You are My Son, Today I have begotten You"? At what point in time or in eternity did God the Father bring forth, (which also means to beget, or begotten. Women who give birth are actually bringing forth) his Son. I think we find this answer here......

Pro 8:22.. "The LORD possessed me at the beginning of his work, the first of his acts of old.
Pro 8:23.. Ages ago I was set up, at the first, before the beginning of the earth.
Pro 8:24.. When there were no depths I was brought forth, when there were no springs abounding with water.
Pro 8:25.. Before the mountains had been shaped, before the hills, I was brought forth,
Pro 8:26.. before he had made the earth with its fields, or the first of the dust of the world.

Of course this would be Jesus speaking here for it is talking about "Wisdom". Jesus is the Wisdom and the power of God, and it would be through him (Jesus Christ) that all the worlds would be created, visible, and invisible, as all things were made by him, and for him.

Last edited:
Hi @CCW95A,

I think Hebrews 1 sums it all up for us -

`God who at various times & in different ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom He also made the worlds; who being the brightness of His glory 7 the express image of His person, & upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the majesty on high, having become so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

For to which of the angels did He ever say: "You are My Son, Today I have begotten you?" And again: "I will be to Him a Father, & He shall be to Me a Son?".... (Heb. 1: 1 - 5)

How wonderful that God the Father should reveal His precious, only begotten Son to us in all His glory.

Marilyn.

Hi @CCW95A,

I think Hebrews 1 sums it all up for us -

`God who at various times & in different ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom He also made the worlds; who being the brightness of His glory 7 the express image of His person, & upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the majesty on high, having become so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

For to which of the angels did He ever say: "You are My Son, Today I have begotten you?" And again: "I will be to Him a Father, & He shall be to Me a Son?".... (Heb. 1: 1 - 5)

How wonderful that God the Father should reveal His precious, only begotten Son to us in all His glory.

Marilyn.

Marilyn, did you notice in Hebrews is says, "...AGAIN, when he bringeth in the first begotten into the world....."?

Heb 1:5.. For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
Heb 1:6.. And again, when he bringeth in the first begotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

"AGAIN" inferring there was a previous time in which God brought his Son into this world. The first time God brought forth his first begotten Son was to create and sustain it by the Word of His power. The second time God brought forth his first begotten into the world was to save that which he had created the first time. Not only is man saved and delivered from corruption, but the earth it self shall be set free because of the corruption that Adam had brought upon it because of his sin.

Rom 8:19.. For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God.
Rom 8:20.. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope
Rom 8:21.. that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God.

Hi CCW95A,

Thank you for completing the scriptures relevant to our discussion. Wonderful truths there bro. Great.

BTW I believe the `agains` are referring to each quotation the writer is saying.

Marilyn.

Back