Revelation 22

Revelation 22:1:
And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
Revelation 22:2:
In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
Revelation 22:3:
And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
Revelation 22:4:
And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

In the previous chapter, Earth and it´s heavens have been destroyed y our Lord, and the Earth has been recreated in the perfection. There are no oceans, God´s Children are at home on the New Earth and Heaven is now found there with physical entrance to the Throne Room available. We are now in our perfect bodies for the past thousand years and flowing in the midst of a street leading to and from the Throne Room is found the perfect Water of Life. And then on either side of the street is found the same tree Adam did not eat of, the Tree of Life.

Because the Garden was on the Earth and the trees are presumed to have been real and not spiritual, the Tree of Life in Heaven is considered to be physical also. This is a matter for a great deal of consideration and, perhaps, discussion. Be careful though, what the Holy Spirit has not chosen to reveal is held in secret for a reason.

Revelation 22:5:
And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

All of my life I´ve understood this verse to teach that the Sun is no neither the light nor the warmth of the New Earth and when we think about it, why would we need it, we have the Glorified Body, just as Jesus does and God the Father, His Son and the Holy Spirit are, then, in our midst.

Revelation 22:6:
And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.
Revelation 22:7:
Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

I hear the nay sayers all the time asking where is He? And when this question t is our duty to the LORD to be prepared with the correct answer. The answer is, ¨There is no relation to time, as we know it, in Heaven.¨ And now that you know the correct answer you need to e ready for the dismay your answer will strike. Not long ago a book, ¨Heaven Is For Real,¨ was published in a soft cover edition. You need to purchase a copy and read it and e ready to loan it out.

This four year old was dead for about three minutes on the Operating Table and the things he did in Heaven could never e accomplished in this time span. After you have read the four year olds account, not only will you have a deeper understanding, you will be better equipped to illustrate it.

Revelation 22:8:
And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.
Revelation 22:9:
Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.
Revelation 22:10:
And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
Revelation 22:11:
He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
Revelation 22:12:
And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

There is a good deal of argument over verse 8 because John reports that he saw these things. Over the years, since my conversion, I have heard the quiet still voice of God and there have been visions but I will never report that I have ¨seen¨ these things because that is not the nature of a vision, but, neither is that the case here, John saw these things.

Also, worship is to be reserved for our God and we, more than any people should be careful when and who we worship. John was awe struck, as would be any of us, but in verse 9 we see that the angels in Heaven are not at all like Satan. The angel is quick to stop John as he almost errs. He is quick to explain to John that he is no greater than he and he then conveys the message he has been sent to deliver.

Revelation 22:13:
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Be careful with the context of verses from 8 through 13, these are easily misread and great heresy is produced when that happens. The angel and He that sent him are identified here and we must discern one from the other.

Revelation 22:14:
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Revelation 22:15:
For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

God has never left us with any task that He has not provided the method for us to accomplish it and in the two verses we see te contrast drawn between those in Heaven and those without.

Revelation 22:16:
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
Revelation 22:17:
And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
Revelation 22:18:
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Jesus points out that this message, from Him, is for the Church and not for anyone else. Yes, there is a warning here for the Lost but just as in the first century, a.d., the Lost will laugh themselves right into Hell and the Fiery Abyss. Without the faith required for salvation there will nt e belief until it is to late. And then in verse 18 we find a warning the average man makes fun of saying that this pertains only to the Revelation found in the letter from God. This same warning is also found in the first five books of our Bible and my, very conservative, view is the warning applies to all of the scriptures.

Revelation 22:19:
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Revelation 22:20:
He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
Revelation 22:21:
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Hi Bill

I have nothing to comment on, just want to say your revelations posts have been a great help in fellowship discussions with friends.

Thank you for the flowers. I begin Acts in class this week and plan to post it also. In my class we do not have a monolog, but it is an interactive discussion and if my classes cause other discussions then I can praise
god even more. Again, thanks.

Back