Revelation 17

That's as far down that trail as we will go. I'm not locking this thread, but will make liberal use of the edit and delete features to keep this thread on track. Now, who wants to talk about Revelation 17?

That's as far down that trail as we will go. I'm not locking this thread, but will make liberal use of the edit and delete features to keep this thread on track. Now, who wants to talk about Revelation 17?

ME!!!!

That is my goal..............to get out the Word of God as best I can.

The way some of our threads get bogged down in personal matters speaks to the great ability of Satan who can so easily turn Christians against one another over "nothing" except words. For that, I appologize to any who were offened by our conversations on these threads and my goal for a new year is to speak directly to Bible verses posted and not opinions or questions that would draw one into a conflict or confrontation.

Life is just to short and hard to live to spend any time as I have before argueing certain theolocial points of contention. So then..............for Revelation 17:

I believe that Rev. 17 describes the "Great Harlot" which is that part of the church that will remain after the Rapture takes place. It will be made up of those who never trusted Christ. Some, many, will be religious and will have thought that their church attendance and doing good works was enough to save them from the judgment....but als they find themselves in the middle of the last days. This is the group that enters the Tribulation Period.

"She sits on may waters".
According to verse #15 the "WATERS" refer to the great masses of people and nations.

"The kings of the earth committed fornication".
That show that there is an un-holy alliance between church and state during this period of time known as the Tribulation Period.

Then the question in Rev. 17 uselly comes down to who is the "MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREAT" in verse # 4-5.

Many people over the years have identified this to be the Roman Catholic church. Personally I believe it goes all the way back to Genesis 10 and the "Land of Shinar" which was ancient Babylon under Nimrod.
His wife was named Semeramus and her son was named Tamuz. She is referred to in the Scriptures as the "QUEEN OF HEAVEN'.

It is from this fountain head of abominations, sex, alcholhol, idol worship that tells me this HARLOT is more than Romanism. It is IMO an amalgamation of all religions. When the Rapture removes all believers, there will be nothing on this earth to prevent men from doing all the evil that is in their hearts and that is exactly what they will do.

BABYLON IMO will be a composite of a religious system that includes Romanism, Protestantism, Islam and every cult you can think of rolled up into one which will be headed by the A/C.

God bless you all!!

Hi all,
There seems to be two matters currently under discussion here. One is who is the rider of the white horse. The other is who/what is "Mystery Babylon".

Regarding the white horse Revelation is not the first time we hear of these particularly coloured horses (black, red, white, ...). It would seem odd to have two seperate but identical sets of horses and riders. That in neither case are they specifically identified would tend to indicate the Lord is telling us that their specific identities are not important for us to know and we should not waste time thinking we can identify them when the Lord has not given us enough information to do so.

However the first time they are mentioned we are given a broad indication of who they are. They are angels who have been given the responsibility to go to and fro throughout the world to see what is happening. (see Zechariah 1:8-12 and Zechariah 6:1-7).

If I were pressed for an opinion on who the riders of Revelation are (otherwise I would not bother as it is obviously not that important because the Lord does not tell us) I would probably opt for these four Spirits of the Heavens that stand before the Lord and are spoken of by Zechariah. The only difference is now they are doing more than just watching.

Regarding "Mystery Babylon" there is a growing body of people who have identified it as the USA which makes it surprising that it is the one obvious option that most discussions carefully avoid. Clearly MB is a world superpower because it sits on (dominates) not only the beast but the many waters representing many nations and people's. It also trades with all the world (hint: it is a centre for world trade). It corrupts not only the people of the world but endeavors to corrupt the people of God also but by seduction, and for gain. It will sell anything it can make people want to buy. Hence the Harlot bit. Also people trade with it by sea. (before commercial aviation all commerce with the USA was by sea and most still is).

But the most convincing arguments come from the prophecy of how it will meet its end (see Rev 17). Think seriously about the current world situation and the rapidly rising resentment, come hatred of the USA in the world today. Think of the world economic situation (USA versus Eurozone, Africa, and Asia) and who stands between Israel and those who wish to see it gone. Ever wondered how many arab nations/kingdoms there are. Then Google "eurabia" and ponder the developing pattern of world events you see in the (world) news. Then read Rev 17 again.

After that decide for yourselves what you will believe. I am not predicting anything BUT I am closely watching world history unfolding with one eye always on Revelation so that I will see when these things come to pass and not miss the budding of the fig tree.

Regards Misty.

I removed a number of posts and their replies having to do with subject matter unrelated to Revelation 17. These posts were removed with prejudice toward none, the subject matter of the removed posts is already under discussion in another thread and serves only to derail this thread.

Back