Restoration Of The Nation Israel

if the accusers of the woman were accurate, if they really had a true case of a person caught in adultery

if ? or there can be other explanation for consistency....

i like to read your links to ariel.org..... not that i think you always agree with them, but it does show you respect their opinion....

excerpt:
On the basis of the Mosaic Law, there were no grounds for condemnation. But He did not excuse her sin, for she was guilty.”

http://www.arunrajesh.com/BibleStudy/mbs049m.pdf

Joy, I'm not missing the point, I understand why they brought her to Him, but for you so say Yeshua didn't care about her guilt???

That was/is the foundational reason for the incarnation. John 3:16

And then to say they they disqualified themselves from being prosecutors and executors, may I ask, if that is the case and by your own admission all men are sinners, who then was to accomplish the task way back when, when the commandment was given?

Because Jesus was the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world Rev 13:8 she was already forgiven,

...who makes the dead live, and calls the things which do not exist as though they do exist. Rom 4:17

Paul teaches us that was how God could impute righteousness to Abraham and all of the Old Testament Saints before the Cross, and what about Isiah (Is 6), how could he of been made righteous by the coal from off of the alter that touched his lips before the shed blood of Yeshua was poured on it?

That, Rom 4:17, is the signification and the authority behind and why He could say He didn't condemn her.

My friend, may I humbly suggest you study Rom 4:17, take it before Yeshua in your personal devotional time and let Him explain it to you.

Also it's not the fact that He was sinless that He kept the law, but rather He came as our superhero, the Second Adam, God incarnate, to fulfill the law so that He could Father/create (1 Pet 1:23) another race of humans to spend Eternity with Him solely by the means of Grace.

AND Jesus telling her to go and sin no more was/is the proof that she was/would be born again/regenerated because in the story she addressed Him as Lord- kurios,

...that no one can say that Jesus is Lord, but by the Holy Spirit. 1 Cor 12:3

and since only those that are/will be born again (during this transitional period at the end of the dispensation of the law) are foreknown (Eph 1:4) to Yeshua, He could say to her to Go and sin no more, because He knew He would inspire John to write some 50-60 odd years after this story, for her and us,

Everyone who has been born of God does not commit sin, because His seed remains in him, and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God. 1 John 3:9

We know that everyone who has been born of God does not continue to sin, but the one born of God guards himself, and the evil one does not touch him. 1 John 5:18

Voila, the rest of the story as to why Jesus commanded her to go and why she could go and sin no more, ...may I reiterate,

...who makes the dead live, and calls the things which do not exist as though they do exist. Rom 4:17

Blessing and may the Lord richly bless you today,

Gene

The reason they could not prosecute her was in regard to the law concerning adultery (I'd been taught that the Law specifically says the adulterer should be put to death but that the first stone could only be thrown by one who had not committed adultery them self) and not because they were sinners. I appreciate your response but you passed over the fact that Jesus would have broken that law.

Abraham believed God and God said he was righteous. He could not go to heaven until payment for his sins was made which is why he and Adam were in Paradise until the atonement. But what about Enoch? Where did he go? Paradise or Heaven? Interesting things. I'm in agreement with your soteriology I think.

The reason they could not prosecute her was in regard to the law concerning adultery (I'd been taught that the Law specifically says the adulterer should be put to death but that the first stone could only be thrown by one who had not committed adultery them self) and not because they were sinners. I appreciate your response but you passed over the fact that Jesus would have broken that law.

Abraham believed God and God said he was righteous. He could not go to heaven until payment for his sins was made which is why he and Adam were in Paradise until the atonement. But what about Enoch? Where did he go? Paradise or Heaven? Interesting things. I'm in agreement with your soteriology I think.

Heh, heh, the forum hiccuped again!

Sorry bro, you've lost me here, from what I have read, correct me if I'm wrong, but the Law was given to sinful man, Jesus was the sinless Man so what I don't understand, since it was He that gave the Law, how He could break it if He followed His own Divinely given Law and did execute her?

Seems to me if that be the case and every unregenerated man standing at the Great White Throne that had worshiped other gods, breaking the first commandment, ...God would not be able to pass judgement on them because He would be breaking His own Law???

And, "the Law specifically says the adulterer should be put to death but that the first stone could only be thrown by one who had not committed adultery them self:, where does the Law state that, the only reference I have found is Lev 20:10, and couple that with Matt 5:8 wouldn't disqualify everyone from casting stones?

Blessings,

Gene

Joy, I read the article and truthfully, their conclusion came from a summation of five different men, I could list five commentators that would give different interpretations, so that doesn't really prove a thing.

They stress the importance of faithfully following the Mosaic Law, but they use Deut 7:7 as their star witness which is not a verse concerning adultery, but rather about a man or a women worshiping other gods, they make a big point in the article about both the man and the women being brought to justice, but their star witness specifically talks about one or the other, like I said, the only verse I find about the punishment for adultery is Lev 20:10, also there is a Divine test for an unfaithful wife Num 5:11-31.

Conclusion, if Jesus was following the Law to the letter, as they have suggested, then why didn't He tell them to take her to the priest and preform the test.

Plus in coming to their conclusion they pick and chose the verses they want to comment on and leave out others, i.e. as stated above, she addressed Jesus as Lord-kurios, which they completely overlooked or left, exactly what they accuse others of doing, ...when God inspired John to record this incident He wanted everything that transpired recorded, so we have to interpret Scripture with Scripture or we can go off on tangents.

Sorry bro, I'm not a libertine as they call those that don't think the way they do, I have learned to be far less judgmental from watching Jesus, a bruised reed He would not break and a smoking flax He would not extinguish, He came as the ultimate example of Grace and Truth and that is one of the major themes throughout the whole Bible, and He used Paul to write 14 books of the New Testament all about Grace, this might be an over simplification, but, basically what Paul is saying is, ...Grace changes everything.

Blessings,

Gene

BUT, when you read the account, Jesus looked up to the men who would prosecute her, the ones who had charged her.....and they were gone.

Enoch and Elijah went to Paradise side of Sheol and were there until Jesus set the captives free and then took all of captivity to heaven with him.

Morning bro,

Enoch and Elijah went to Paradise side of Sheol and were there until Jesus set the captives free and then took all of captivity to heaven with him.

I don't mean to be nit-picky here, but we must remain faith to the Word, concerning the departure of Elijah,

And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven. 2Ki 2:11

The Hebrew is shâmayim shâmeh used 495 times in the Old Testament, the first place we find it used is Genesis 1:1,

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

I don't understand how He did it and I can't explain how it could be, but that's what He wrote so in faith I believe it.

Blessings,

Gene

I must admit I can't put my finger on the specific instruction that those who were without sin were the only ones fit to bounce stones off people's heads. Indeed would the Lord give such a command thru Moses knowing that there would be found no one free of sin that they could throw the first stone? Can you help me out with the passage in which this ruling was given to the Jews?
There are many things that can be said of this woman's apprehension. Firstly, Moses instructed that both the man and woman be stoned yet the Jews brought only the woman in direct (apparent} violation of Moses' instructions. Was this the way in which the Jews sort to trick Jesus so as to be able to bring a charge against Him? John 8:6.
Or, was it that His whole ministry was on His own admission, one of reconciliation. Had he encouraged people to start bouncing boulders off her head, His words of reconciliation would be worthless.

Morning bro,

I don't mean to be nit-picky here, but we must remain faith to the Word, concerning the departure of Elijah,

And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven. 2Ki 2:11

The Hebrew is shâmayim shâmeh used 495 times in the Old Testament, the first place we find it used is Genesis 1:1,

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

I don't understand how He did it and I can't explain how it could be, but that's what He wrote so in faith I believe it.

Blessings,

Gene

It is not nit pickey at all to me. Good question to a section and thought that there is really not much in the Scripture to fall back on.

Consider Rev. 21:27
"And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life."

If Enoch and Elijah went directly to heaven, how, when were they made "un-deliled".

I understand exactly what you are saying and it does present a problem IMO.

The blood of Christ had not been shed to remove the stain of sin from all sinners. Old Test. saints were saved on credit waiting for the blood of Christ to cleanse them. When done on the cross, it is then that Jesus desended into Sheol and removed all the Old Test. saints. (Ephesians 4).

That makes sense to me, but there is no direct statement of scripture that says this is the case. There could be other reasons for their wait as well.

You correctly said as is presented in 2 Kings that Elijah went to heaven. IT could be that God clearly gave them a special privilege and portion. Just like miracles, they were allowed to break the rules, so to speak. I am convinced that God enjoys messing up our neat systems of thinking so we will have to keep coming back to Him for truth. God's full truth will always be greater than any system man can conceive.

Question: Could we consider Paradise a "type" of heaven then ?

Bro, I don't really understand why you posted Rev 21:27 concerning defilement in this situation, you and I both know we read the book in the chronological order given to us by Jesus as he told John to write it Rev 1:19, and by the 21st chapter everything that once defiled (Satan, demons) or could defile (unregenerated mankind) is in the Lake of Fire.

So as to the question of could Enoch and Elijah be in Heaven today in their corruptible bodies, since satan has access to Heaven to accuse us before the Father I don't have a problem with them being there today, for me an even bigger question is how/what are they breathing, but then maybe it's a mute point because nothing can die in the presence of God (don't throw rocks folks, I'm just speculating).

Now why'dg have to go an throw in Eph 4 o_O :) :D

Personally I don't think so seeing how Paradise was a park or forest in the center of the earth and Heaven is above the earth where Jesus is sitting at the right hand of the Father, ...however, just think about it, there's all the Old Testament Saints, spirit and soul only and Enoch and Elijah in their bodies cruising around Heaven and Moses' body hangin' over there on a nail in the wall. :D

Be blessed bro,

Gene

Shalom, as believers living in the Land of Israel its amazing to see the growing support for Israel and its people. Its equally amazing to see how Israelis react to this show of support. As forces in the world conspire to defame and delegitimize this nation it is more important than ever that Christians hold onto the Word in regards to the promises for Israel and His people. Thank you from Jerusalem!

Back