Researchers: Asteroid Destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah

• Thread starter Boanerges(Inactive)
  • Start date
Bo - they were kind enought to quote the Bible at the end! :)
Tale of devastation
"Then the Lord rained on Sodom and Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of Heaven; and he overthrew those cities and all the valley, and all the inhabitants of the cities ... [Abraham] looked down toward Sodom and Gomorrah and toward all the land of the valley, and beheld, and lo, the smoke of the land went up like the smoke of a furnace."
Source: Genesis 19:24-28
So why would they think Abraham was standing there watching the scene if this was such a wide-spread impact of devastation? I think God fully capable of limiting his downpouring of brimstone and fire upon the limited area as stated in Scripture.

Well I am not sure exactly what method God used. Could an asteroid have rained down as fire and brimstone? It seems logical. Could the heat and radiation have affected Lot's wife? Maybe. Or did God use some other method? I guess He knows for sure. I didn't post this to be adamant just because I thought it an interesting idea.

It is interesting, Bo. I think we can all, as Christians, rest assured that whatever method God utilized in the destruction of Sodom and G. it would be perfectly in accord the the Biblical record. It is interesteding, though, how man and the science community are discovering records that do support God's record. Though, we as Christians do not need a record other than the Word.

Back