research paper: angels, demons, and ghosts

research paper: angels, demons, and ghosts

Hey, I need some advice about something.

I'm in an American folklore class, and the major assignment for the semester in there is to do a huge 10 page research paper. In order to do this, we had to pick a topic of interest from folklore, conduct interviews, do research, and then compile the information in a paper.

I've been thinking about my topic, but before I embark on it, I wanted to get some input. I originally wanted to do something where I researched ghost, angel, and demon stories, in the hopes that I would come to some answer as to what ghosts actually are. I had a theory, and I wanted to know if it might possibly be true. Anyway, my professor told me that the topic was too broad, and that I should just research one of them. Am I totally stupid if I decide to research the demons. Now, I wouldn't be trying to invite any into my life, just hear stories of people who have dealt with them, and find out what that person did throughout the encounter. I'm just looking for stories, not seance invitations or something.

I just wanted to know if ya'll thought that this is totally stupid and that I should go with the angel encounters instead. Better yet, maybe I should go with traditional Christmas foods or something. Anyway, any advice ya'll could give me would be appreciated, and should I go with this topic, prayer would too.

In Christ,

CLY

Cly, having experience in the deliverance ministry I believe that messing with demons and demonic stories is not a good thing to do. If you would like to do some research on that subject you should do it from a Christian perspective of the casting out of demons. There are many ministries that work in deliverance but some are not reputable so be careful. Before you even begin your research pray about it and see what God would have you do. Many times when you have knowledge of demons and deliverance you can come under attack.

I am not saying this to scare you but I just want you to understand that demons are nothing to mess around with. Also pray that God with put a hedge of protection around you and be sure that you don't have any unconfessed sin that could be a door for the demonic to oppress you.

I would think that studying angels might be a better idea. Billy Graham wrote a book about angels and the Biblical jobs of angels. You might want to check it out.

Do well in your studies!

In Yeshua,
Pastor Kristin

Thank you for your advice and comments, Pastor Kristin. I've decided, however, to go with the Christmas food. I have decided this for several reasons, but I don't want to go into all of them. The biggest reason is that the type of stuff I would want to know and the type of paper it has to be just simply aren't the same. Not to mention the fact that the demon topic is a very scary thought, and if I ever do take on researching it for any reason, I want - and need - to be able to approach it fully prepared, without the added worries of grades, etc.

Thank you, again, however, for your comments. I really appreciate them.

In Christ,

CLY

Back