Replies to Survival Tips Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I will put my first post here

:cool: Time to place my first post on here.

I haven't been here long enough to know how this site works.

It looks a lot like one I visited in the past but it seems that it will possibly be monitored better.

:fish: Thanks for making this site to whoever made it !

I would like to try it out and possibly meet some new Christian friends.:israel:

Banarenth I've been on a lot of forums and you just topped the list with your guidance and... ahh... suggestions!! WOW!

I've truly never seen better. If it's CHRISTIAN forum - then let's be Christian. Do it properly and quit the cackle!

Thankyou for setting this all out so that everyone is absolutely clear about wot's wot from day one! ;)

Bless you!

- BM and his Lady

Thank you for your kind words. Yes, as simple as it seems, we've seen in the past exactly how uncommon, common sense really is.

(wheeze-gasp-wheeze)Um,Ban(whew thats a long trip), I don't know if you knew this or not, but,(puts hand on chest over heart to reassure it the worst is over-heart not happy about the little hike and is making that very clear)I went to check in on the sherpa to see if he wanted a burger or anything, (wheeze) and he seems to be gone.(ow! wipes sweat from eyes with sweaty shirt-hmm,should have thought that out better. ow!) I did see that he left a (thanks God for oxygen, and asks for more)note on his pillow that said,"Gone fishing. Please direct any future complaints to my understudy, as he has more patience than myself for this type of thing,and he has the smiling and nodding thing down to a science. God bless." (lies down to give legs a break)Next to the note is a bobble head doll that bares an uncanny resmblance to our brother Larry.(ooh, this feels niice.Think I give my eyes a break too) I just though you might like kn...............................(zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

You all are so funny - this is great! Thanks for the intro (which I didn't read before my first post :() Anyway, I desire to be uplifted and a lifter-upper of others. I desire to display the grace of God in all I do and that includes my displays of text on this intellectually stimulating and hilariously intriguing forum. Thanks for the guidelines and may we all be compliant with whatever we need to be compliant with. Or rather compliant with that which we should be compliant.. ..... or whatever.

We were all excited the first day we signed in here. It's a great place, and I know you are just itching all over to dive right into this wonderful community and participate in many wonderful discussions. Ah, but before you jump into the swimming pool without taking your shoes off, I thought it might be useful to share with you what may make your experience here nicer. There are several things to note:

First, your profile. I know, I know. You've probably been to TONS of places where nobody even looks at that information. And yeah, maybe you are a little nervous about sharing your personal info here. But remember, we're all friends here. If you are a Christian, then you should be PROUD to set an example and share your testimony. Who knows, maybe it will be your little bit of info that helps encourage someone who's 'been there'. So, make sure you fill it all out.

Second, we recognize that this is a Christian forum. We are not a Baptist, Methodist, Pentecostal, Catholic, or any other denomination. People who come here have many, many different backgrounds. And while I know you are bursting with pride to share your beliefs with us, and we will be overjoyed to hear your thoughts, keep in mind that Christian modesty is also important. We all agreed to the most important and basic tenants of Christianity when we agreed to come here, so while you may heartily believe in a particular aspect of your denomination, don't be surprised if there are others who don't like being continuously reminded about how much better your theology is than theirs.

Third, think about WHY you want to join us before posting. This is a FRIENDLY...let me say it again...FRIENDLY Christian only Community. We are here to support each other. If you have come to advertise your website, denomination, ignorance, or anything else, please let us know in advance so that we can block your account without the usual controversy. Nobody here wants to debate or argue with you. You can go somewhere else if that is what you are looking for. You do NOT hold the only truths in the universe, and God has not opened up a special and unique line of communication to you that makes your opinions more important and true than everyone here. This is not the place to grumble about politics or how you feel you have been persecuted. If you feel that someone has wronged you, we will be happy to help council with you, but if you are only posting to complain, then we would like to direct you to the complaints department. It is down the hall, 2nd door on the left, take the elevator to the 12th flood, make the first three lefts, take the next elevator back to the 4th floor, there you will find a Sherpa. He doesn't know where the complaint department is, but he has been trained to smile and nod, so you can complain to him all you want until you get it out of your system.

Fourth, relax and have fun. We promote a very casual environment here, and while the nature of our beliefs causes some discussions to get very serious, they should never, ever become and argument, or even a debate. This is a place of fellowship, support, encouragement, and learning. If you are not here for one of these reasons, you will not be happy here. We are truly sorry if you do NOT enjoy your time here, but that does not mean you have a right to ruin anyone else's time here. You can join our fellowship, participate in our conversations, games, or whatever else interests you.

Fifth, agenda. This is mostly covered in the previous points, but I feel that I cannot say it enough. If you have an agenda for being here, leave it at the door. You are welcome to share your thoughts and opinions with us, but remember that we recognize the Word of God as the truth, and your personal thoughts on that are still your opinion.

Sixth, Be sure to protect your personal information, both in your profile and in your posts. There are a lot of bad people out there who think it is fun to stalk and persecute Christians, so please be sure to protect your full name, birth dates, social security numbers, and other identifying information from prying eyes. The forum DOES have a place to enter your birth date, but this is not shared with anyone but the board administrator, and is required information to prevent the illegal collection of information from underage users.

Lastly, spammers. I doubt any of you will actually read this post, but the few that do, I ask you to think again. yeah, maybe somewhere you've seen some self-righteous hypocrisy. That does not mean that Christianity is bogus, or even that all Christians are jerks. Your time here will be brief, and whatever damage you think you will be doing will disappear and be forgotten. Nobody thinks your ignorant jokes are funny. Nobody thinks that God will strike you dead for your "oh so rebellious" actions. They are pathetic. You really want to be rebellious? Then maybe you should ACTUALLY look into the Bible with a willing heart. Few people seem to do that anymore.

And with that, I say good posting and welcome to everyone.

I guess I am just slow in reading all the instructions listed for our protection. As far as I am concerned this does not bother me, but have you noticed when we first became members we were asked our birth dates? I noticed both yours and mine pubicly list our birth dates (at random I see many others also).

I guess I am just slow in reading all the instructions listed for our protection. As far as I am concerned this does not bother me, but have you noticed when we first became members we were asked our birth dates? I noticed both yours and mine pubicly list our birth dates (at random I see many others also).

I have sent you a pm about this.

Yay! I finally found a place where I can talk about god where people will not try to be mean, rude, Or negative because they dont like what I say which is positive. :D

I think I'm going to like it here. ;) I wanted to have a huge speech to say that would make me sound witty or hilarious like other people, but I'm just going to settle with that for now.:p

Greetings & Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah :

I really enjoyed reading the helpful directions. I too have had dissappointing experiences. Looking forward to the inspiration and encouragement.

Jesus Love,
Silversheep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back