Repent and Believe, Preaching Christ Crucified

U

Unregistered

Repent and Believe, Preaching Christ Crucified

At Calvary the Savior of the world bearing the vile sins of the world suffered and was nailed to a cross where God the Father did crush Him, where the Son stretched out His Arms and said "Father Forgive them," where His Blood poured out for the forgiveness of many did quench God's Wrath and satisfy His Justice to save and redeem His blood-bought people, where Jesus said "No one takes My Life from Me but I lay it down for My Friends," where the world and my sins did yell "Crucify Him! Crucify Him!" - put a crown of thorns on Him and spit upon Him, where He cried out "My God, My God, why have you abandoned Me?"- where the Father looked away as the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world was slain, where He nailed the curse of the law to the cross and died a cursed death.

And Jesus uttered a loud cry, and breathed His last. And the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. And when the centurion, who stood there in front of Jesus, heard his cry and saw how he died, he said, "Surely this man was the Son of God!" Mark 15:37-39

He accomplished peace through the blood of His Cross, for His people between man and God, He tore the temple veil from top to bottom, reconciling the world to Himself. He was buried in a tomb and rose bodily on the third day to give His people eternal life. He went to the Father, sent His Spirit to His Chrildren, and is returning to judge the quick and the dead, and is coming quickly and will repay. The one who believes in Christ has passed from death to life and will not be condemned before the Great White Throne Judgement, but will appear before Christ for Judgement at the Mercy-Seat, where they will give Him an account for their life and will be rewarded for their service to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. The end of all things is near. All of your sins will have to be paid for, will you be in Hell, or will Jesus save you? That is the question. Flee to Christ, He alone can save you. We love Him because He first loved us, do you love Him?

"But when Silas and Timothy came down from Macedonia, Paul began devoting himself completely to the word, solemnly testifying to the Jews that Jesus was the Christ." Acts 18:5

"solemnly testifying to both Jews and Greeks of repentance toward God and faith in our Lord Jesus Christ." Acts 20:21

'And with many other words he solemnly testified and kept on exhorting them, saying, "Be saved from this perverse generation!"' Acts 2:40

"For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will also be ashamed of him when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels." Mark 8:38

"for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins." Matthew 26:28

"...without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness." Hebrews 9:22

The message of the cross is offensive to the self-righteous. (Luke 5:32, Romans 3:10, I Peter 2:8, I Cor 1:23, Gal. 3:1, Gal. 5:11)

"Blessed is he who does not take offense at Me." Luke 7:23

It is foolishness to the wise. (I Corinthians 1:21)

It is hid from the perishing. (II Corinthians 4:3)

It it is savour of death to the dead, of life to those who live, and to Almighty God a Sweet Savour of Jesus Christ, the Almighty Savior.

Preach the Gospel 1) to please God out of Love for Him and His Truth 2) out of love to your fellow man, out of love to his soul

The Scricptures can make wise unto salvation and God can save to the uttermost all that come to Him by faith in His Son.

"But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place. For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing; to the one an aroma from death to death, to the other an aroma from life to life. And who is adequate for these things? For we are not like many, peddling the word of God, but as from sincerity, but as from God, we speak in Christ in the sight of God." II Corinthians 2:14-17 [NASB]

"Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place. For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish: To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things? For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ. II Corinthians 2:14-17 [KJV]

"But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men." Matthew 16:23

"For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified." I Corinthians 2:2

"...but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block and to Gentiles foolishness, but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God." I Corinthians 1:23-24

Back