Religion, Faith And Rituals

Ro 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
"sin" is a noun as well as a verb, the noun "sin" produces the verb "sin" The "sin" in Paul is in all of us and the purpose of the law was to show us this truth about ourselves. So that we would have no confidence in the flesh and trust only on the Spirit of God. Mike your post are too long to break down into points.. and glad to hear from you:) getting late for me just off wrk

Ro 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

Finally we got it. On the same page. It's the sin in us, In the flesh. The sin in us, that sin consciences. Not the flesh itself as it's just organic material. That unborn spirit, that sin consciences. Has no power to control the lust of the flesh.

ya......... My post are far to long, can't blame folks for not having a hour to read through all of it. I'll try to keep them short. Might be better to address 1 scripture then go like that so nobody misses anything.

Be blessed.

Finally we got it. On the same page. It's the sin in us, In the flesh. The sin in us, that sin consciences. Not the flesh itself as it's just organic material. That unborn spirit, that sin consciences. Has no power to control the lust of the flesh.

ya......... My post are far to long, can't blame folks for not having a hour to read through all of it. I'll try to keep them short. Might be better to address 1 scripture then go like that so nobody misses anything.

Be blessed.

I try, but sometimes I'm multitasking, and then I forgot to come back and read the whole thing. Or I'll try to skim through a post if its really really long, and then comment based on what I think it's about. Texting has really made my generation lazy I think. I'm sorry :(

I try, but sometimes I'm multitasking, and then I forgot to come back and read the whole thing. Or I'll try to skim through a post if its really really long, and then comment based on what I think it's about. Texting has really made my generation lazy I think. I'm sorry :(

Attention span these days is about zero. The generation of the microwave. When I was young, I had to walk to the TV to change the Channel.

I do take the time to read all the post, even if they are long. Many misquote me here, and I have my list of names of those that can't be trusted. I never want to misrepresent or misquote anyone. They take the time to find and post scriptures, I find that valueable even though I don't always agree with them.

I even just got written up for something someone thought I said but never said. I had to go back, grab the post and get it taken off as I am very careful about what I say, and I am very careful about backing everything with a scripture.

It also could be I need to shorten my post.

Knowing how to type fast does not help.

Be blessed.

I tell you some of you need a trip the Cross, and God would show you what is inside of you and you would never question whether men are born sinners.

Beloved, who was your "mentor"? You judge as if you are the authority, when you don't understand the scripture.
You are in effect saying that the sin of Adam is still rampant: which cannot be true. That sin was resolved at the cross...the
same cross that you judge others need. The sin that is running rampant is man's sin, today. Haven't you heard? The sins of
the fathers shall not be visited upon their children.

"All have sinned...". No one is denying that. And it is saying just that: that all have sinned. What you are saying is that babies come out of the womb in sin! Then the Lord Jesus failed to forgive Adam, and his sin is still in everyone that believes...until we all
come to the point of repentance. That seems to be disavowing mercy!
You almost sound as if saying that David's parents didn't sin. Of course they sinned. And yes, they were in sin, because the sin question had not yet been resolved...until Calvary! "Oh, Mr. Villa, but they had the sacrifices of the Law working on their behalf."
Yes, but the sacrifices could never redeem man, nor remit sin. So sin was still there, but God, in His mercy, turned His face away from their sins with the sacrifices they offered! Otherwise, God's righteousness would have demanded the judgment, and the judgment would have demanded the penalty for sin: death.

You have a lot of things correct, Beloved; but a good many things that are not right...they're not even close.

"Study to show yourself approved of God...rightly dividing the Word of Truth."

No one can be without sin. For the one who obeys the whole law but fails in one point has become guilty of all of it. Not even a child is without sin, because are people born loving God? No, they're not born loving God, and if you don't love God you are breaking the greatest commandment.

So babies that die before they sin with their flesh will be sentenced to the lake of fire? Or they will suffer that fate because they already have sin in them, without their knowledge of sin?
That seems to be what I am hearing.

Good scriptures.

So babies that die before they sin with their flesh will be sentenced to the lake of fire? Or they will suffer that fate because they already have sin in them, without their knowledge of sin?

I'm not sure what you're hearing, but maybe what you are reading.

The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies. Psalm 58:3 (KJV)

For [the children] being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;) Romans 9:11 (KJV)

Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work [be] pure, and whether [it be] right. Proverbs 20:11 (KJV)

That's great. Everyone's posts are very helpful, and answer a lot of my questions. I do believe in Jesus and the Holy Spirit. I just don't think it's right to pray to any other than god himself. I do know Jesus died for us and the Holy Spirit is our guide, gods voice. Some call it intuition, I call it gods spirit because in my case it's always right never led me astray or to make a wrong decision, that little voice we have. I believe that's Hoffa way to communicate with Us. I am grateful to Jesus for what he has done, because of him we are able to be forgiven and invite god into our life. But as I mentioned I, personally, believe in praying directly to god himself. After all he had the authority to answer and he has the ability to put us in the path he has for us.

So you say YOU pray only to God...but Jesus and the Holy Spirit are also God (YHVH, the Lord)...for example, the Apostle Paul says

Isaiah 43:11 (and many other places) makes his perfectly clear...YHVH (God) is speaking and He says "I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no Saviour...."! So you can see there is only one Savior and that is God...now read what Paul says here...

Titus 1:3 – God our Savior

Titus 1:4 – God the Father and Messiah Jesus OUR SAVIOR

Titus 2:11 - For the grace of God has appeared

Titus 2:13 - our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ

Titus 3:4 - God our Savior appeared

Titus 3:6 - Jesus Christ our Savior

See how John as Olivia has shown you and now Paul as I am showing you both are telling you Christ Jesus IS God...

God IS the Father, IS the Son (who became incarnate as Jesus), and IS the H0ly Spirit

In Acts 5 (read it) when Ananias lies to the Holy Spirit Peter tells him he has lied to God...when ancient Hebrews referred to the Lord, they were speaking of YHVH (the one and only God)...Paul tells us in 2 Corinthians 3:17 that "the Lord IS that Spirit..."

So I know this may be hard to comprehend but what you really are saying is you pray only to the Father and this is fine, but do not miss the fact taught by the apostles chosen by Him to whom He gave the Father's words (John 17) that Jesus Christ is the great I AM manifest in the flesh...it is not required you know this but it is very important...

In Isaiah 48:16 when YHVH (the Lord) says YHVH of Hosts (the Father) has sent me, with His Spirit, YHVH sent became Messiah

in His love

Paul

you seem to hear what you want... The Lord God is a just God and able to judge all things and all people according to His Own understanding and purpose. Of course He would not condemn a child that had not the understanding to choose His Will. I say this also whoever He condemns.. He is just...whoever He justifies ..He is the Almighty.

Beloved, who was your "mentor"? You judge as if you are the authority, when you don't understand the scripture.
You are in effect saying that the sin of Adam is still rampant: which cannot be true. That sin was resolved at the cross...the
same cross that you judge others need. The sin that is running rampant is man's sin, today. Haven't you heard? The sins of
the fathers shall not be visited upon their children.

"All have sinned...". No one is denying that. And it is saying just that: that all have sinned. What you are saying is that babies come out of the womb in sin! Then the Lord Jesus failed to forgive Adam, and his sin is still in everyone that believes...until we all
come to the point of repentance. That seems to be disavowing mercy!
You almost sound as if saying that David's parents didn't sin. Of course they sinned. And yes, they were in sin, because the sin question had not yet been resolved...until Calvary! "Oh, Mr. Villa, but they had the sacrifices of the Law working on their behalf."
Yes, but the sacrifices could never redeem man, nor remit sin. So sin was still there, but God, in His mercy, turned His face away from their sins with the sacrifices they offered! Otherwise, God's righteousness would have demanded the judgment, and the judgment would have demanded the penalty for sin: death.

You have a lot of things correct, Beloved; but a good many things that are not right...they're not even close.

"Study to show yourself approved of God...rightly dividing the Word of Truth."
Look at the world and say that "sin" is not rampant? Your post makes no sense, you seem to want to present an unbiblical doctrines and then defend it by making some of the most unreasonable of points. The Cross, as I have proven in scripture, is foolishness and of no effect to those who do not believe. So what other promises of Christ to you give to the world apart from faith in Him? This borders on universal salvation and other such unbiblical doctrines.

I tell you some of you need a trip the Cross, and God would show you what is inside of you and you would never question whether men are born sinners.

Yes all people are born with the heritage that they will sin, but they are not condemned until they do and without doubt all will (at a very young age)..we are not born condemned because God says "The soul that sins IT must die" and sin is a transgression of the law...now as for Adam's sin, God does not hold us guilty....in the Torah and the Prophets we read that the children are NOT responsible for the sins of their fathers...in Ezekiel it written most clearly that GOd does not hold the sins of the fathers against the children (this includes our father Adam) nor the sins of the children against the fathers...the soul that sins (and we all will) must die.

In His love

brother Paul

It is and it is against too many scriptures to be true...it is the evil invention of the Manicheans who hold all flesh as evil all spirit as good (a pseudo-Gnostic doctrine) and by extension human sexuality is evil (thus the offspring is born spiritually evil) but the Bible teaches it is the first blessing from God upon man whom He created...and I have provided a half dozen scriptures at least that show God creates the spirit in a person, in the womb....see how some have been persuaded that God is the author of evil? God forbid!

If you will come to me you must came as a little child (an evil one?). You must become as a little child to enter the Kingdom (evil enters the Kingdom?). And Jesus picked up the little ones and blessed them (He blesses the evil ones?)...my, my...this is a conundrum...if we adapt that doctrine we are making the bible say that God creates us spiritually dead...Wow!

Be blessed.
Yes the "organic material" is "dirt" it was cursed and is corrupt. Not the spirit that died and was reborn from heaven. The organic material itself has "sin" noun in it... It looks like a big spiritual snake in the spirit realm. Only the Cross has power to purge this from a believer. This "snake" is a "selfish" spiritual force. At the Cross we die to "self" and to this power of selfishness. Love from the Spirit is without selfishness and the whole purpose and plan of God.

Ok now I'm really confused. How could god be 2 people?? Ok so god got Mary pregnant and Jesus was born who was gods son because god impregnated her. So how is god the father and god the son? I really don't get this. If god wanted to come to earth as a human could he not have just come here in a human form himself?

The answer can be found in this verse."God is spirit" (John 4:24). Both God the Father and God the Son, Jesus, are distinct separate individuals who are one in Spirit, in the fullness of the Holy Spirit. God is also the Holy Spirit.

The believer also is one with God in the Holy Spirit, however the believer is subject to the will of God in the Spirit.

The oneness is shown in this scripture. "I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. (John 14:20).

Jesus prayed this, "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.
24“Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world. 25“Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. 26I have made youe known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them (John 17:20-26).

This is being one in Spirit. As believers we walk in the Spirit producing fruit. This fruit is described in the bible as, "the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control" (Galatians 5:22-23).

What is so beautiful, so amazing is how God has made every believer in the Spirit. Each believer is special completely unique and beautiful, yet part of the whole. We are all unique special treasures that adds different blessing and beauty to the whole. We are all like notes in a beautiful piece of music, yet within each tone there are even variances (like loud, soft, fast, slow). Eternity will be filled with never ending creativity in an array of beauty upon beauty, all giving so all are blessed.

The bible explains Mary getting pregnant this way, "The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God" (Luke 1:36). This was a miraculous spiritual experience. Notice that Mary calls herself a bondslave of the Lord, for the bible says, "And Mary said, "Behold, the bondslave of the Lord; may it be done to me according to your word (Luke 1:38). Although she is the physical mother of Jesus, she is not the spiritual mother of Jesus. Mary was a virgin still. Her pregnancy came as a result of God the Father's faith and will for Jesus to be born as our sacrifice for sins. God did not just come to earth because Jesus had to go through what we did to be our sacrifice. Perfection is shown when someone stands the test against evil.

"For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet he did not sin" (Hebrews 4:15).

"In bringing many sons and daughters to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the pioneer of their salvation perfect through what he suffered (Hebrews 2:10).

This is not implying that Jesus was imperfect (for Jesus never had any sin in him), rather it is showing that for perfection to be shown or known as perfection it has to be tested. It was the fact that he suffered in all the ways we do, but didn't sin that shows he was perfect. Isaiah 53 gives us a picture of how much he suffered for what our sins have done:

2 He grew up before him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of dry ground. He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him. 3 He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. 4 Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted. 5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. 6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all. 7 He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth. 8 By oppression and judgment he was taken away. And who can speak of his descendants? For he was cut off from the land of the living; for the transgression of my people he was stricken. 9 He was assigned a grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death, though he had done no violence, nor was any deceit in his mouth. 10 Yet it was the LORD's will to crush him and cause him to suffer, and though the LORD makes his life a guilt offering.

However, this is also extremely beautiful in that Jesus loved us so much and God wanted us so much as his family that he did all this for us. This depth of God's love is eternal.

Yes all people are born with the heritage that they will sin, but they are not condemned until they do and without doubt all will (at a very young age)..we are not born condemned because God says "The soul that sins IT must die" and sin is a transgression of the law...now as for Adam's sin, God does not hold us guilty....in the Torah and the Prophets we read that the children are NOT responsible for the sins of their fathers...in Ezekiel it written most clearly that GOd does not hold the sins of the fathers against the children (this includes our father Adam) nor the sins of the children against the fathers...the soul that sins (and we all will) must die.

In His love

brother Paul
Well of course the scriptures do not say that, one must take random scriptures and through guile translate them as one likes to come up with that understanding. But it does not matter the New Testament has made these issues clear. And the only hope for man is to die with Christ from all that Adam or any man was. And to live the New Life that only Christ can give.

It is and it is against too many scriptures to be true...it is the evil invention of the Manicheans who hold all flesh as evil all spirit as good (a pseudo-Gnostic doctrine) and by extension human sexuality is evil (thus the offspring is born spiritually evil) but the Bible teaches it is the first blessing from God upon man whom He created...and I have provided a half dozen scriptures at least that show God creates the spirit in a person, in the womb....see how some have been persuaded that God is the author of evil? God forbid!

If you will come to me you must came as a little child (an evil one?). You must become as a little child to enter the Kingdom (evil enters the Kingdom?). And Jesus picked up the little ones and blessed them (He blesses the evil ones?)...my, my...this is a conundrum...if we adapt that doctrine we are making the bible say that God creates us spiritually dead...Wow!
So you guys are going to assume that God cannot judge a baby as innocent by His own justice and therefore make-up these unbiblical doctrines based upon a false premise. There are a lot of people that have died in sin, that never heard the gospel nor the law...God is Just and He is the Judge and will judge in fairness. He does not need a group of religious men to use carnal reasoning to make up new doctrines, based on their own lack of understanding. He does not need your defense or your twisting of the scriptures to make up doctrines that are contrary to the gospel.

I do not mean to be harsh against you brother Paul, I must say you have an amazing foundation of knowledge and I am sure you believe what you believe based upon honest intentions. I would that all believers would understand the complete wretched condition of man as from Adam. In this truth the believer is delivered from all confidence in the flesh and self. Christ increases and we decrease to where we have died to the self-principle that attempts to lead us away from God. To trust completely and utterly in the grace of God is to have absolutely no trust in the "old man".

Eph 4:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Well of course the scriptures do not say that, one must take random scriptures and through guile translate them as one likes to come up with that understanding. But it does not matter the New Testament has made these issues clear. And the only hope for man is to die with Christ from all that Adam or any man was. And to live the New Life that only Christ can give.

I'll Amen that...

Back