1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Red Moon

Discussion in 'News and Articles' started by Boanerges(Inactive), Feb 19, 2008.

1. Red Moon

North America is getting ready for a total lunar eclipse on Febuary 20th. The moon is expected to turn red. I have only witnessed this phenominon once before and I am looking forward to seeing it.

NASA - Total Lunar Eclipse: February 20, 2008
  2. A while back my home burned down in a wildfire. I remember wondering what I was going to do, where I was going to stay.

I looked out above the horizon and through the smoke there was this blood-red full moon rising. It looked false in the sky. Scary.:(

Matched the mood.:(
  3. Not really Christian, but it's a cute song.
  4. Instead of a red moon I saw grey clouds.:eek:
  5. I was able to see it... it was cool, but not red. It lasted a total of 3 hours from start to finish.
  6. It was absolutely glorious....

It had a constellation that we have never seen before. I will try to show how it was:

The moon was the biggest O. One of the stars was called Regulus and the other constellation was Gemini. I do not know what the upper star or planet was but it was very strange. It wasn't exactly like this but it's as close as I can get. It was also tipped to about a 10 degree angle to the right...
    The first thing I thought of is that it looked like a cross coming to earth!
    We have seen some pretty amazing things in the sky in our lifetimes but this was without a doubt the most amazing!
  7. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's moon viewing! Just kidding....it truly was spectacular. It was not red RED.....but it was more like a brownish orange.....truly cool.
  8. I saw it. The planet was Saturn, the star Regulus, and obviously the constellation Gemini. :) It was very peachy, reddish, ashy like color. It was a lot bigger, probably because it is closer to the Earth than another eclipse a few years back.
  9. I repent! LOL!:)

I have seen that happen once before and I agree it was not a true red.