Red Moon

Discussion in 'News and Articles' started by Boanerges(Inactive), Feb 19, 2008.

1. Red Moon

North America is getting ready for a total lunar eclipse on Febuary 20th. The moon is expected to turn red. I have only witnessed this phenominon once before and I am looking forward to seeing it.

NASA - Total Lunar Eclipse: February 20, 2008

2. A while back my home burned down in a wildfire. I remember wondering what I was going to do, where I was going to stay.

I looked out above the horizon and through the smoke there was this blood-red full moon rising. It looked false in the sky. Scary.:(

Matched the mood.:(

3. Not really Christian, but it's a cute song.

4. Instead of a red moon I saw grey clouds.:eek:

5. I was able to see it... it was cool, but not red. It lasted a total of 3 hours from start to finish.

6. It was absolutely glorious....

It had a constellation that we have never seen before. I will try to show how it was:

The moon was the biggest O. One of the stars was called Regulus and the other constellation was Gemini. I do not know what the upper star or planet was but it was very strange. It wasn't exactly like this but it's as close as I can get. It was also tipped to about a 10 degree angle to the right...
    The first thing I thought of is that it looked like a cross coming to earth!
    We have seen some pretty amazing things in the sky in our lifetimes but this was without a doubt the most amazing!

7. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's moon viewing! Just kidding....it truly was spectacular. It was not red RED.....but it was more like a brownish orange.....truly cool.

8. I saw it. The planet was Saturn, the star Regulus, and obviously the constellation Gemini. :) It was very peachy, reddish, ashy like color. It was a lot bigger, probably because it is closer to the Earth than another eclipse a few years back.

9. I repent! LOL!:)

I have seen that happen once before and I agree it was not a true red.