1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Re: 401 Unauthorized - IP Blocked

Discussion in 'Staff Announcements' started by Jeffin, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Hi, you might have seen this error while trying to visit the forums in the last few hours. This error was caused by an anti-spam add-on that I had installed here a long time. Something triggered the add-on and it caused all IPs to be blocked. The issue is now resolved and the forums are back to normal. Sorry about the interruption.

Special thanks to our tech expert @MattW from https://mattwservices.co.uk/ and to those who reported this issue via Facebook and emails.
    TezriLi and MattW say Amen and like this.
  2. All seems to be good now TY Jeffin.
    Jeffin likes this.
  3. Glad that I was able to reach you at the Facebook portal. (y)
    Jeffin likes this.
  4. I thought it was just me.
    TezriLi likes this.
  5. #5 Jeffin, Sep 7, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
    It happened to everyone. I am still investigating as to what triggered the block.
  6. This should all be fixed now. The required module has been re-installed so the webserver is seeing the correct IP addresses for members.
    Huntingteckel and Jeffin say Amen and like this.
  7. Thank you again to our CFS hero MattW. He has been here helping us out whenever we had technical issues with the forum and server. So happy to have known you. :)

If you have a VPS that needs to be managed, I highly recommend MattW for all your tech needs.
    MattW likes this.
  8. Thank you Jeff (and team)!

(But now I see that my posts are 'awaiting moderation approval'...)
    Jeffin likes this.
  9. On behalf of the team; you are welcome. :)
    TezriLi likes this.
  10. I missed it... been doing some studying and only now just got on and it already time for bed...
    TezriLi and Jeffin say Amen and like this.
  11. The forums blocked us all including me and showed us this message instead. This went on for a few hours. :)

TezriLi likes this.
  12. Good! I thought someone hacked into my wifi network and used some spam bot!
    Jeffin and TezriLi say Amen and like this.
  13. Everything seems to be working alright now. :)
    Abdicate likes this.