Rapsody of realities

Rapsody of realities

A Harvest Of The Word! - Friday 20 March 2009

And he said unto them, Know ye not this parable? And how then will ye know all parables? The sower soweth the word (Mark 4:13-14).

Whatever you sow is what you will reap; this is a simple but profound spiritual principle in the Kingdom of God. You can’t sow corn seeds and reap a harvest of mangoes. Same thing, if you sow orange seeds, you’ll certainly reap a harvest of oranges. Now, the Lord Jesus gave a parable about the sower who went forth to sow his seeds, and in His explanation, He said the seed the sower sowed is the Word of God (Luke 8:11).

This therefore means that like every other seed, God has the same expectation concerning His Word when it’s sown. He expects His Word to produce a harvest of the Word; a harvest of what it talks about. He doesn’t want His seed (Word) to fail, in other words the ways Jesus described in the parable: being stolen by the enemy, being choked by thorns or withering in the heat of life (Mark 4:4-8). His Word is designed to get into your spirit and produce definite results in your life.

However, there’s another aspect of this that excites me. The fact that the Word produces after its kind! In 1 Peter 1:23, the Bible says concerning us: “Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.”

If we were born again by the Word, it therefore means we’re offsprings of the Word. Remember the Word of God is a seed, and every seed reproduces after its kind. Thus we’re not mere products of the Word; we’ve also become the Word. The harvest is twofold. The first is when the Word produces in you the fruits of what it talks about. But the second one has to do with you becoming the living, breathing Word. Like Jesus, we’re the Word become flesh, having been born of the Word. No wonder the Bible says, “as he is, so are we in this world” (1 John 4:17).

We’re the expression of His Word in our world today and this is the harvest He seeks – to see us fully conformed to His Word such that every step we take is the Word of God in motion! Hallelujah!

:groupray:prayer:

Father in the Name of the Lord Jesus, I declare that my heart is a fertile ground for your Word. As I hear and receive your Word into my spirit, it sinks deep into me and produces in me the fruits of what it says. Amen.

Further Study:

Luke 8:15; Proverbs 4:23 MSG

Daily Scripture Reading
One Year Bible Luke 3
Reading plan Deuteronomy 16-17

Two Year Bible Matthew 24:34-44
Reading plan Exodus 29

Rhapsody of Realities Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

The Poor In Spirit! - Tuesday 24 March 2009

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 5:3).

To be “poor in spirit” doesn’t in any way connote material of financial poverty. The Lord was describing those who have given up everything of this earthly life in their spirits! Those who have an insatiable appetite for the things of God, knowing that nothing of this earthly realm can give true satisfaction.

The “poor in spirit” is that man or woman who sees himself or herself as nothing without God. He is that person who counts the things of this world as nothing, and focuses all attention and energies on the things of God.

It was this kind of spirit that made Paul write, “…I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ” (Philippians 3:8). He saw all his worldly achievements as mere dung! Nothing was more important to him than coming to a perfect knowledge of Christ. That’s the mindset of one who is “poor in spirit”.

It’s instructive to note that the Master didn’t say the “Kingdom of God” belongs to the poor in spirit, but rather the “kingdom of heaven.” The Kingdom of God is the all-encompassing term used to describe God’s boundless domain which Jesus has brought us into.

But the kingdom of heaven refers to that lifestyle and authority which Jesus brought to the earth. The kingdom of heaven functions here in the earth and not in heaven. Functioning in that kingdom is what makes us masters over devils, sickness, poverty and every negative circumstance of life!

Therefore, the “poor in spirit” will always be masters in this life; they’ll never be victims, for they function in God’s realm, where the supernatural dominates the natural course of nature. Hallelujah.

:groupray:Prayer:

Dear Father, I pray that my hunger for the Word, your presence and the things of the Spirit will continually increase in intensity and fervency. I realize that nothing in this world can truly satisfy, thus my heart hungers and thirsts for only you! I ask that you fill my heart today with more of your love, thoughts and inspirations of your Spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study

Isaiah 66:2:
For all those things hath mine hand made, and those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

Daily Scripture Reading
One Year Bible Luke 5:17-39
Reading plan Deuteronomy 28

Two Year Bible Matthew 25:31-46
Reading plan Exodus 33

Rhapsody of Realities Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

All Of God’s Power Is Wrapped up In The Gospel! - Friday 27 March 2009

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth… (Romans 1:16).

The Lord Jesus told us to preach the ‘gospel’ which is the ‘good news’ of what His death, burial and resurrection accomplished for humanity. The gospel is more than a nice moralistic story of what God’s Son did for humanity. According to the Bible, the gospel is in itself the power of God unto salvation.

The word “salvation” is the all-encompassing word that describes the totality of the good work God has wrought for us. This means that the totality of God’s power to do anything for any man is fully resident in the gospel. It is the power that turns sinners into saints in a moment of time.

It doesn’t matter what need a man might have, the solution is in the gospel. All you need to come out of trouble or any precarious situation is to hear and receive the gospel of Christ as pertains to your situation.

For example, the gospel to the one who is broke and in debt is that he has an inheritance in Christ and so he has no business living in lack. As soon as he receives that Word and endorses it, that’ll be the end of his poverty.

The gospel to the one who is sick is that divine health has been made available through Christ Jesus. As soon as he receives it, it will be impossible for sickness and disease to hold him down. No matter the situation in which you find yourself, the solution is the gospel of Jesus Christ.
What is the ‘gospel truth’ concerning the case you’re in? That’s the way to bring the power of God to bear on your situation. You don’t need to cry out to God to save you anymore for all of His power is wrapped up in the gospel – His Word.

Thus if you’re reading this today and you’re not yet saved, what you need to do is to believe in your heart, and declare with your mouth that Jesus is the Lord of your life from this day forward! Ask Him to come live in you and make your heart the place of His abode. When you do this, God’s power will begin to work in you and you’ll be awakened to the fatherhood of God. You’ll become a brand new species of being that never existed before (2 Corinthians 5:17). That’s the power of the gospel!

:groupray:prayer

Dear Father, thank you for showing me the awesome power that’s wrapped up in the gospel. I thank you for making the provisions of the gospel available to me such that I can direct your power at any situation I desire to change, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Romans 1:16; 2 Timothy 1:9-10

Daily Scripture Reading
One year Bible Luke 7:1-35
Reading plan Deuteronomy 33-34

Two Year Bible Matthew 26:26-35
Reading plan Exodus 36

Rhapsody Of Realities Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

Love Distinguishes The Sinner From His Sins - Friday 3 April 2009

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life (John 3:16).

God loved the world so much that He sent Jesus to die for them. Though God hates sin, He loves the sinner. He distinguishes the sinner from his actions and loves him anyhow. That’s the only reason He could look beyond their faults and pay the ultimate price – the death of His Son on the Cross, to save them.

This is how the Lord expects you to treat those around you. The Bible says we should be “…imitators of God, as His dear children” (Ephesians 5:1 WNT). When you live with the consciousness of this reality, there wouldn’t be anything that anyone could do to offend or make you bitter and malicious. You’ll become gracious and merciful towards others.

Learn to cover others with your umbrella of love! No matter how nasty they may get towards you, let your love overwhelm their negative actions and overlook their imperfections. Remember, you’re like your heavenly Father, therefore learn to separate people from the actions, or their wrong doing.

Don’t react or respond to people on the basis of their wrong or hurtful words and actions towards you. Remember that people have their imperfections, which is why God gave us His Word to remould our character. Even after they’ve been born again, they don’t become perfect in one day. Therefore, love people for who they are, and not for what they do.

:groupray: Prayer

Dear Father, help me to see people the way you see them. Rather than see their flaws and faults, help me see the good in them – the beautiful part of them! Help me always to rise above offences as I cover others with the umbrella of you love flowing from the castle of my heart, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study
1 John 4:10-11; 1 Corinthians 13:3 AMP

Daily Scripture Reading
One Year Bible Luke 9:37-62
Reading plan Joshua 16-19

Two Year Bible Matthew 27:26-37
Reading plan Leviticus 3

Rhapsody of Realities Pastor Anita

Back